U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-22-2012, 10:20 AM

3 posts, read 2,428 times

Advertisements

My mom moved to South Carolina a couple of years back and this was the sight that she told me to use. She said she loved everyone on here, that everyone was very insightful. This is my dilemma. I am in the middle of a divorce and I have three minor children. We want to relocate to South Carolina to be closer to my mom, dad, my two sisters and my niece but my lawyer wants me to get as much information about the area as possible. I need to get statistics about home, economy, schooling, unemployment rates, etc. I need to then present this to the courts to see if the move will be aloud. I am in love with South Carolina. I have been since the very first time I was there. If anyone could help me with information I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2012, 03:49 PM

3,602 posts, read 3,269,167 times
This one is very easy. Pick a town or several towns/ cities you might be interesting in.

The go to Google on the internet and type in the name of the town, followed by the words " city data. " A website will appear which will have all the information you could ever want about that town.

I'll give you a link as an example- you can use any ones you want. This is city-data info for Conway, SC- a suburb of Myrtle Beach . Read through this one, keep scrolling down as you read, it's very long and very informative. This type of stuff should keep your lawyer happy.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Conway...-Carolina.html

Good luck

Old 09-22-2012, 07:38 PM

8,901 posts, read 14,870,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylove5736 View Post
My mom moved to South Carolina a couple of years back and this was the sight that she told me to use. She said she loved everyone on here, that everyone was very insightful. This is my dilemma. I am in the middle of a divorce and I have three minor children. We want to relocate to South Carolina to be closer to my mom, dad, my two sisters and my niece but my lawyer wants me to get as much information about the area as possible. I need to get statistics about home, economy, schooling, unemployment rates, etc. I need to then present this to the courts to see if the move will be aloud. I am in love with South Carolina. I have been since the very first time I was there. If anyone could help me with information I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You so much.
Do you want to live near your family? Where do they live?

Old 10-02-2012, 04:37 PM

I would love to live by my family. They are in Anderson County in Easley South Carolina. I would love to be down there with them and my children would also be in favor of that. They love being there as do I. I'm just praying for enough information so that a judge will allow for the move. I've come up with a game plan as far as visitation would go for the children and their father but the problem I have is he doesn't want me to go and his mother loves to win battles so that means I have to fight that much harder to get where I want to go. To them this is all a game which I am tired of playing. Its not about the children its about winning the game to them. I'm just trying to get all the support and information that I can get so that we can get down there. Thank you for the site. I will definatley take a look and start getting more information.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:44 PM

i checked out the site that you had suggested and the only problem that I have is I am only finding info for 2009 and below. Is there any way to find out the most current information about the area's that I am looking into? she wants as recent as I can find.

Old 10-02-2012, 11:55 PM

3,602 posts, read 3,269,167 times
Read through the city -data site again-some f it is recent to 2012, some not. But, that said, Google is your friend. Just type your questions into Google and you'll find the info you need.

I'll do one for you- here is unemployment figures. There are several other sites with similar info

Greenville-Mauldin-Easley, SC Economy at a Glance

Same thing with housing costs, rental info, let Google be your resource. You'll just have to research your info piece by piece.

You can also Google crime statistics etc. Use either Easley itself or the Greenvile SC metro area as your parameter.

All the info you want is on the internet- you just have to look it up.

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina