Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 08:45 AM

152 posts, read 322,296 times

Advertisements

Livability: Charleston ranks 2nd on best downtowns list | News | Downtown News

The city recently voted as the #1 best tourist city in the world just found itself on another top list. Ranked as the USA's 2nd best downtown to live in!!! Thats Charleston......not Greenville's downtown. Just for the record

Just some good natured fun guys.....relax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 08:49 AM

152 posts, read 322,296 times
BUT.........then you side Charleston's "other" side: Charleston Thug Life and high crime: Charleston Thug Life

That blog spotlights the ugly dark side of the Charleston Metro area. The crazy crime there....which is often pushed under the rug by local mayors and chambers of commerce, tourist interests, etc, etc.

Charleston is indeed a spectacular, magical, wonderful, fun party town full of incredible numbers of hot, single women, great restaurants, etc, etc.

Just be SURE to stay on the main roads, only walk the "touristy" areas, and dont stray too far from all the people who also look like out of towners.

Old 11-03-2012, 10:05 AM

5,590 posts, read 15,373,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCreek1997 View Post

The city recently voted as the #1 best tourist city in the world just found itself on another top list. Ranked as the USA's 2nd best downtown to live in!!! Thats Charleston......not Greenville's downtown. Just for the record

I doubt many would argue against old Charleston vs. the rest of the Southeastern USA (St. Augustine, Savannah, New Orleans, and Key West may disagree, though). The general manager of Charleston Cooks on Greenville's Main Street recently said, "Downtown Greenville is straight out of a magazine. People walking, families. There's vibrancy. It feels good." Such common expressions about a less widely recognized downtown near the beautiful foothills and mountains of the Upstate certainly give South Carolina residents another reason to be proud.

Old 11-04-2012, 08:20 AM

2,277 posts, read 2,651,936 times
Yeah, Greenville's great I think. Just Columbia's the arm pit of the state.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:57 PM

1,461 posts, read 2,956,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
:|

Old 11-04-2012, 07:40 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,610,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al G View Post
Thanks again Gsupstate, another well thought out opinion.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:03 AM

505 posts, read 940,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyliner View Post
The general manager of Charleston Cooks on Greenville's Main Street recently said, "Downtown Greenville is straight out of a magazine. People walking, families. There's vibrancy. It feels good."
I have lived near Greenville for over six years now. I still sometimes just stop in certain places and observe how people enjoy downtown Greenville. I feel like I am standing in a staged scene, but yet it is all real. It truly is a great place to be. I understand that it isn't for everyone, but there sure are a lot of people who enjoy it.

ps - I like Charleston, too, but I don't want to live there.

Last edited by UsernameAlreadyTaken; 11-05-2012 at 10:04 AM.. Reason: ps

Old 11-05-2012, 01:25 PM

8,226 posts, read 13,342,429 times
Got to love that skyline photo of Charleston..... It just screams Sweet Tea with Lemon in a rocking chair while sitting on the "poach".....

Old 11-12-2012, 08:31 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,451,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCreek1997 View Post

Being rated number one by the American Planning Association(APA) is like saying the city government is the biggest bunch of pushovers in the country.

Do you know who the APA is? The are a non-governmental organization whose only purpose is to push the U.N. based Agenda 21 a.k.a. "sustainable development" programs through! It isn't like 50 million Americans were polled. Also just so you know, although on the surface all the "sustainable development" programs or "green" programs sound good. If you dig beneath the surface, you'll discover things like single family homes according to Agenda 21 are NOT "sustainable!

WAKE UP South Carolina. Your land is being taken from you right before your eyes and you don't even have a CLUE!

Here's a CRASH Course on Agenda 21 and "sustainable development":

http://www.planning.org/policy/econo...ginamerica.pdf

Tea Party versus Agenda 21: Saving the U.S. or just irking it? | Reuters

An Article on the American Planning Association: ICLEI/Agenda 21 Partner | Tea Party

ONE WORLD ONE VISION 2050 - DEMOCRATS* AGAINST* U. N.* AGENDA* 21

NTL Conservative Blog: American Planning Association Implementing UN Agenda 21

...and the above is just for starters.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:44 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,576,562 times
Single family homes are without a doubt less sustainable than other forms of housing. I'm not sure why this is surprising to you. Look up what sustainability means.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina