Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 02:41 PM

4 posts, read 10,983 times

Advertisements

I'm a 30 yo single somewhat liberal professional male. Any advice if picking between Greenville and Columbia? Which would be bettter for someone my age (singles scene, etc)?

Thanks!

BTW I already have the job and can live anywhere in north Ga or SC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 02:58 PM

235 posts, read 528,321 times
Here is a quick insight, both areas are good for what you are looking for. Downtown Greenville and The Vista in Columbia are great areas in meeting people around your age. I believe Columbia is more liberal than Greenville but either one wouldn't really be a major difference. Since you mention about living in North Georgia also, i would think Greenville would be closer to your job unless distance isn't a major issue. Any other details you need, you can probably find in this forum because theres about a million threads comparing the two cities in this forum.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:04 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,788,725 times
Ding ding ding....round 1. Atlanta wins. The end.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:32 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,860,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannoona View Post
I'm a 30 yo single somewhat liberal professional male. Any advice if picking between Greenville and Columbia? Which would be bettter for someone my age (singles scene, etc)?

Thanks!

Curious, you can live anywhere in Georgia or South Carolina?
Then why have you narrowed it to Greenville or Columbia, why not the SC part of the Charlotte metro, or Charleston, or Atlanta, or Savannah?

Fishy post....

Old 01-24-2013, 06:25 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,321,975 times
Oh heck! Lol. It really depends what you're looking for. Columbia is more liberal.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:04 PM

1,462 posts, read 2,958,476 times
Atlanta if you are considering North Georgia....Charlotte Metro (SC) - Rock Hill, Fort Mill etc if you want to literally be minutes away from Charlotte, but still enjoy SC taxes...Columbia would come next if I had the, key word, choice of living anywhere in N. GA or SC.

Also, where are you moving from? That may play a part in what you are used to and what you may be comfortable with.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:25 PM

37,881 posts, read 41,948,981 times
If north GA is in the conversation, nothing beats Atlanta by far.

Otherwise, I'd visit each for an extended weekend and then chose between Greenville or Columbia.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:27 PM

2,309 posts, read 3,850,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bannoona View Post

Thanks!

32 year old moderate / liberal professional male as well who has lived in greenville now 8 years. greenville to me is family friendly. which implies not great for singles. greenville has always had a reputation dating wise for being an ocean for girls and a pond for guys. this is because greenville's economy is manufacturing and engineering centric. most of the women i've dated have been from either asheville or charlotte.

columbia would have a better dating scene due to USC being downtown.

only thing keeping me in greenville is my job. if my job wasn't so great i'd be gone.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:39 AM

8,238 posts, read 13,357,122 times
"Versus" or "vs" oh how I hate that word....."Versus"..... Nothing brings more threads on City Data to a horrible end than that word....."Versus"....... From now on lets use the word "or" that cuts down on the confusion or else its Rocky versus Apollo Creed all over again. Yo Rocky.... what round is it now 28....

Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 AM

155 posts, read 266,042 times
I've lived in Columbia (Whitehall).
I live near Greenville (Greer).

Greenville, hands down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina