U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-15-2013, 05:06 PM
 
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
9,068 posts, read 11,300,182 times
Reputation: 1832

Advertisements

If this article is for real, I'm glad she apparently isn't moving to Columbia, and I think I'm leaving SC ASAP!

Michele Bachmann leaving MN because of gay marriage, eyes SC |
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-15-2013, 09:45 PM
 
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
9,068 posts, read 11,300,182 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
If this article is for real, I'm glad she apparently isn't moving to Columbia, and I think I'm leaving SC ASAP!

Michele Bachmann leaving MN because of gay marriage, eyes SC |
Never mind. It's a satirical article. I hope there aren't really people who are moving to South Carolina for that reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 04:24 AM
 
Location: Pure Michigan!
3,618 posts, read 6,036,244 times
Reputation: 4719
The majority of the people in a deeply red, socially conservative state like SC would most likely embrace someone like Michelle Bachmann who shares their traditional values.

It sounds like you might be happier in a state where the majority share your opinions and political views. You may not have noticed that the "wrong" people have actually been living in SC for the past few centuries.

Last edited by canudigit; 05-16-2013 at 04:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Aiken, South Carolina, US of A
1,742 posts, read 3,045,332 times
Reputation: 3467
I'm not a conservative on social issues, and I live in SC. In fact, everyone would be
surprised how many people who live in SC actually are not social conservatives, mabey
fiscally conservative, but not necessarily socially conservative.
After all, they just elected a confessed thief and adulterer to be a State Senator.
Right?
But Michelle Bachman, no, the State of South Carolina may be conservative in a big
way, but not like that.
Tell her to stay where she is, we have enough of our own nut jobs here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 05:06 PM
 
Location: One of the 13 original colonies.
8,992 posts, read 4,892,652 times
Reputation: 6997
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
The majority of the people in a deeply red, socially conservative state like SC would most likely embrace someone like Michelle Bachmann who shares their traditional values.

It sounds like you might be happier in a state where the majority share your opinions and political views. You may not have noticed that the "wrong" people have actually been living in SC for the past few centuries.





What school awarded your "masters of Ignorance" degree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Lexington, SC
4,281 posts, read 9,181,082 times
Reputation: 3659
Butterfly

You say:

"Tell her to stay where she is, we have enough of our own nut jobs here."

This I agree with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2013, 10:46 PM
912
 
1,531 posts, read 2,286,090 times
Reputation: 1090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
If this article is for real, I'm glad she apparently isn't moving to Columbia, and I think I'm leaving SC ASAP!

Michele Bachmann leaving MN because of gay marriage, eyes SC |
Maybe YOU'RE in the wrong state....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 05:39 AM
 
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
9,068 posts, read 11,300,182 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
Maybe YOU'RE in the wrong state....
I was born and raised here and so was my mother and her parents and their parents and their parents and their parents and - well, you get the picture - and my mother can't stand the Michele Bachmans and Sarah Palins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 06:43 AM
 
2,788 posts, read 2,365,778 times
Reputation: 1173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
I was born and raised here and so was my mother and her parents and their parents and their parents and their parents and - well, you get the picture - and my mother can't stand the Michele Bachmans and Sarah Palins.

I don't think your ancestry has any bearing on the point that was being made.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly4u View Post
I'm not a conservative on social issues, and I live in SC. In fact, everyone would be
surprised how many people who live in SC actually are not social conservatives, mabey
fiscally conservative, but not necessarily socially conservative.
After all, they just elected a confessed thief and adulterer to be a State Senator.
Right?
But Michelle Bachman, no, the State of South Carolina may be conservative in a big
way, but not like that.
Tell her to stay where she is, we have enough of our own nut jobs here.
I believe for most voters that are fiscal conservatives and social moderates find fiscal trumps social on the national stage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-17-2013, 07:12 AM
 
Location: Charleston, South Carolina
9,068 posts, read 11,300,182 times
Reputation: 1832
[quote=IsNull;29605922]I don't think your ancestry has any bearing on the point that was being made.

The point was that maybe I'm in the wrong state. I've decided home is not the wrong state for me. I've changed my mind about leaving South Carolina if people like Bachman are moving here. I'll stay and fight. And I'm certainly not in the wrong city regarding the topic at hand. If I leave South Carolina it won't be because I feel I've been run out of here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top