Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2007, 01:59 PM

362 posts, read 1,496,765 times

Advertisements

I have now been here for 2 weeks, staying in a motel. I love the area, love my new job (miss hubby terribly -- he's still in Michigan, selling our home), but I need some help from you kind people.

Being that ALL of my furniture is still in Michigan, I am looking for a furnished apartment/cottage/house where I can also have my dog (Rottweiler puppy). I am on the GSA per diem rate right now, but as of December 1 that rate will be reduced by 25% -- they assume that you will find less expensive living quarters within 60 days. I could rent an unfurnished one, but won't be able to do so until at the least the middle of November -- need to accumulate some cash to buy the barest of necessities (bed, table, etc.).

I believe that Evey sent me a PM while I was still in Michigan, but alas! I have lost it.

Once hubby moves down here, we will be looking to purchase a double wide mobile home. I looked at Crossroads Mobile Home Community yesterday and thought I had found a gem, until I found out that any newcomers to the park must PURCHASE the lot (starting at $15,000) in addition to the price of the mobile home. Are there any mobile home communities here that also sell homes and rent the lot? (Purchasing a lot is not in our budget at this time.) The home doesn't necessarily have to be in a park, but we just can't afford to have one moved.

I work at SRS, so I'd like some place that is convenient to the site. I found ads for 2 apartments in West Augusta yesterday, but don't know anything about the area. Can anyone tell me about Plaza Place Apartments on Plaza Place and/or Plaza Terrace on Martintown Road?

Thank you,
Kathy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 05:07 AM

385 posts, read 1,571,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinkit View Post
I have now been here for 2 weeks, staying in a motel. I love the area, love my new job (miss hubby terribly -- he's still in Michigan, selling our home), but I need some help from you kind people.

Being that ALL of my furniture is still in Michigan, I am looking for a furnished apartment/cottage/house where I can also have my dog (Rottweiler puppy). I am on the GSA per diem rate right now, but as of December 1 that rate will be reduced by 25% -- they assume that you will find less expensive living quarters within 60 days. I could rent an unfurnished one, but won't be able to do so until at the least the middle of November -- need to accumulate some cash to buy the barest of necessities (bed, table, etc.).

I believe that Evey sent me a PM while I was still in Michigan, but alas! I have lost it.

Once hubby moves down here, we will be looking to purchase a double wide mobile home. I looked at Crossroads Mobile Home Community yesterday and thought I had found a gem, until I found out that any newcomers to the park must PURCHASE the lot (starting at $15,000) in addition to the price of the mobile home. Are there any mobile home communities here that also sell homes and rent the lot? (Purchasing a lot is not in our budget at this time.) The home doesn't necessarily have to be in a park, but we just can't afford to have one moved.

I work at SRS, so I'd like some place that is convenient to the site. I found ads for 2 apartments in West Augusta yesterday, but don't know anything about the area. Can anyone tell me about Plaza Place Apartments on Plaza Place and/or Plaza Terrace on Martintown Road?

Thank you,
Kathy
Kathy,
Go to rent.com for an apartment search - then to apartmentratings.com to get reviews of apartments.
Best of luck to you!

Old 11-09-2007, 10:38 AM

583 posts, read 2,625,182 times
I believe there is another Mobile Home community off Silver Bluff. It is easy to miss but it is kinda across from the shopping plaza where the post office is.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:33 PM

61 posts, read 266,981 times
Default Need Help In Aiken

If you go down Whiskey Road toward New Ellenton go off to the left on Talathia Church Road and about a mile down the road there is a gated community on the left... it is a Mobile Home community and quite nice. It is easy to miss as it is set back and the only thing you see is the road leading back to the gate.

I checked it out for a friend and it was quite nice... Big range of homes from single wides to brand new double wides with landscaping etc.

Old 11-10-2007, 09:32 AM

362 posts, read 1,496,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FHMullane View Post
If you go down Whiskey Road toward New Ellenton go off to the left on Talathia Church Road and about a mile down the road there is a gated community on the left... it is a Mobile Home community and quite nice. It is easy to miss as it is set back and the only thing you see is the road leading back to the gate.

I checked it out for a friend and it was quite nice... Big range of homes from single wides to brand new double wides with landscaping etc.
I have located a house to rent, just up the road a piece from this mobile home community on Talatha Church Road. I had checked out that mobile home community and tho I was quite impressed with it, I talked to one of the residents who was selling their single wide home (I was interested in the double wide across the street for sale) and he said that the management of the park was no longer renting the lots -- that any newcomers were going to be required to PURCHASE the lot (starting at $15,000 for a single wide lot). That put it out of my price range. I was going to call the park manager to see if this was true, but in the meantime I found the house which has a fenced in yard that will be perfect for my Rottweiler.

Thank you for all who have replied -- I will be in the market to purchase as soon as hubby gets down here, probably in the spring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina