U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2013, 02:08 PM

66 posts, read 73,546 times

Advertisements

Jim Romenesko: Ron Morris can no longer write about Gamecocks - wistv.com - Columbia, South Carolina |
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 02:49 PM

10,385 posts, read 20,721,242 times
Sounds illegal. Freedom of the press anyone?

Old 09-13-2013, 03:01 PM

66 posts, read 73,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
Sounds illegal. Freedom of the press anyone?
The newspaper made the decision, not the government so it can't be illegal.

Although I read something else that said Morris could still write about Spurrier if he wants, but I won't be surprised if he never writes about Spurrier again.

I think it is funny it is a sports writer, not even a political writer. Why does Spurrier care about this guy one way or another? Who cares if he poached a basketball player at SC?

Old 09-13-2013, 03:42 PM

7,987 posts, read 11,257,632 times
Pathetic. Makes Spurrier look really, really bad......makes him look thin skinned and whiney that he can't take negative comments.
I think Spurrier deeply believed he would have some national championship by now.......he seems frustrated. With each passing season, his legacy sinks a bit further. While the Gamecocks have definitely improved under him, they are still an overall average team.
Sad that Spurrier would try to shut down opinions just because they might be negative. Reflects much more poorly on Spurrier than on Morris.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:14 PM

7,275 posts, read 8,270,673 times
I guess he thinks he is immune to criticism.

Reminds me of this. Dan Snyder is trying to get a newspaper reporter fired - Shutdown Corner - NFL*Blog - Yahoo! Sports Interesting how these two once worked with each other.

Old 09-13-2013, 05:55 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,090,196 times
Lovin' it. Ron Morris is/was/has always been a POS!

Old 09-13-2013, 09:05 PM

9,661 posts, read 13,861,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Pathetic. Makes Spurrier look really, really bad......makes him look thin skinned and whiney that he can't take negative comments.
I think Spurrier deeply believed he would have some national championship by now.......he seems frustrated. With each passing season, his legacy sinks a bit further. While the Gamecocks have definitely improved under him, they are still an overall average team.
Sad that Spurrier would try to shut down opinions just because they might be negative. Reflects much more poorly on Spurrier than on Morris.
So I guess the journalists trying to get to the bottom of this Alabama story get to stay on the beat.

Nick Saban walks out of press conference after being asked about alleged scandal - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN

Old 09-14-2013, 05:51 PM

7,987 posts, read 11,257,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
So I guess the journalists trying to get to the bottom of this Alabama story get to stay on the beat.

Nick Saban walks out of press conference after being asked about alleged scandal - College Football News | FOX Sports on MSN
Oh you poor thing. This is the South Carolina forum. If you want to discuss other states, there are forums for that. I'll make sure the mods are alerted of your thread high jacking though.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:00 PM

372 posts, read 566,048 times
Morris is an idiot. When he compares Spurrier not talking to him to the problems of Penn State, he's gone too far. I understand he's a columnist who is paid to write his opinion, but he has always had a vendetta against Spurrier.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:09 PM

9,661 posts, read 13,861,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Oh you poor thing. This is the South Carolina forum. If you want to discuss other states, there are forums for that. I'll make sure the mods are alerted of your thread high jacking though.
This thread is about Steve Spurrier and a sports journalist. Making a tangential statement about a coach and his run-in with several sports journalists to make a point to someone who calls another coach pathetic for a run-in with one sports journalist is hardly hijacking a thread, poor thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or