Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 11:47 AM

374 posts, read 834,207 times

Advertisements

Does this elected Official represent the majority here in South Carolina?

Feedback/thoughts?

His views on World Events have been very questionable over the last mths/yrs to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 12:47 PM

1,941 posts, read 4,469,688 times
A lot of Republicans don't like the way Graham's political stances have evolved over the years. I get the feeling that many can't stand him, but he has gotten re-elected somehow. I wonder if many Republicans have continued voting for him simply because he's viewed as the "lesser of two evils" when compared to an even more liberal democrat.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:18 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,100,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsallaboutyou View Post
Does this elected Official represent the majority here in South Carolina?

Feedback/thoughts?

His views on World Events have been very questionable over the last mths/yrs to say the least.

Trolling on other boards bothersome today?

Old 09-18-2013, 02:01 PM

374 posts, read 834,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 912 View Post
Trolling on other boards bothersome today?
Sir, Please elaborate/clarify your statement? PM if you'd like...Not to embarrass yourself? Don't believe we're dating.....

Have called SC home for over 22 yrs.....and was looking for a general consensus from fellow residents.

Where's "The Yac Attack"......

Last edited by itsallaboutyou; 09-18-2013 at 02:20 PM..

Old 09-18-2013, 06:33 PM

2,614 posts, read 5,827,592 times
Any serious challenge to Graham will not come from a democrat. It will come from a tea bagger during the primary.

Represent the majority? Probably not, because there is a segment of voters who feel he is too conservative, and a segment who feel he is too liberal. Still, IMO the majority of sane moderate South Carolinians feel he is good for SC and for the country, recognizing that reason and compromise are both essential aspects of a functional two-party system of govt. While this segment may not agree with every one of Graham's positions, they recognize there are many, many worse choices out there. Of course, neither sane nor moderate describe a large hunk of SC's populace. (BTW, I'm a born & raised SC native of many more than 22 years, so please none of the "liberal Yankee" attacks. You'd be wrong.)

Old 09-18-2013, 07:09 PM

99 posts, read 203,829 times
Graham is pretty anti-freedom of speech. When that preacher in Florida burned a Koran, Graham said that we need to have limits on freedom of speech.

He also seems to want to bomb every country out there including Syria.

Not sure how he is good for the state or country.

It is interesting how some people always assert that whatever they believe is sane and moderate and anybody who disagrees with them is a nutjob extremist.

Old 09-18-2013, 07:11 PM

4,281 posts, read 12,667,816 times
I am a 13 year resident of SC but I am still a "Liberal Yankee". More then likely I will crossover in the primary and vote for Graham. Why you ask? Well I expect he will be the lesser of the evils the Republicans will offer in the primary. The Republican candidate will win in SC even if a real whack job. I do expect in the general election I will vote for the Democratic candidate but that is to be decided then.

Graham is right of where I stand but at least he has a brain and is willing, at times, to work for the greater good of our country even when it requires crossing party lines. Not like many others in SC like DeMint.

To show you how little I know. I crossed over in the primary and voted for Haley as I reasoned no way she could be elected governor and I thought we Democrats might could beat her in the general election. I then voted for Sheheen in the general election. She still won.

Once again, my candidate lost but I have grown used to that in SC.....LOL

Old 09-18-2013, 07:31 PM

730 posts, read 1,401,907 times
^
You live in Lexington County where, aside from statewide offices, the majority of your ballot says "R" or "Write-In"

Old 09-18-2013, 08:41 PM

129 posts, read 236,402 times
If an actual conservative ran against Rino Grahamnesty, he'd go down in flames.

Half of me wants to move to SC just to vote that clown out.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:22 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,545,406 times
He only wins because most South Carolina voters press a straight Republican ticket. Most of them don't know how to make an educated decision, so if they had to go and individually select each candidate their heads would probably explode.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina