U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-05-2013, 04:06 PM
 
304 posts, read 208,661 times
Reputation: 97

Advertisements

I never said anything about interceptions. You have to completely distort my point. Interceptions aren't random luck, it is making a good play on a free ball. It isn't mugging the player on offense to jar the ball loose or getting a lucky hit that jars it loose or the player just dropping it for no reason and the defense recovering it.

I only talked about one specific aspect of the game that I would like to change and you have to construct all these dumb strawmen because you don't have a counterargunement on fumbles.

Given all the hype for Clemson-SC and other big games like Clemson-FSU, I would like to see teams actually earn their points against each other rather just beneift from random luck.

I am kind of surprised that given all the handwringing over football players developing brain disease later on in life that they haven't looked at getting rid of the fumble in games because the vicious hits are usually done to try to get a fumble.

It just stands to reason in a hardhitting game players on offense will cough up the ball some so it is silly to punish teams with a turnover.

If the average possession in football was 30 seconds like in basketball , this wouldn't be a big deal. Losing posssesion in football should require a lot more than a player dropping the ball by accident or not able to hold on to it b/c of a big hit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-05-2013, 04:17 PM
 
783 posts, read 1,150,363 times
Reputation: 394
Too bad there's not enough room in the world for visionaries like us, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 04:43 PM
 
Location: Sumter, SC
1,780 posts, read 1,910,436 times
Reputation: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelham3 View Post
where does a SC grad live? Sumter
Yep. Actually a lot of them live here. And a lot of clempson grads. And a lot of Citadel grads. And a lot of SC State grads. And a lot of UGA grads. And a lot of NCSU grads. Even a lot of Penn State, Michigan, Texas, WVU and Oregon grads. I even know of 2 Fordham grads.

So what's your point?

By the way......great comeback!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 05:00 PM
 
304 posts, read 208,661 times
Reputation: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Yep. Actually a lot of them live here. And a lot of clempson grads. And a lot of Citadel grads. And a lot of SC State grads. And a lot of UGA grads. And a lot of NCSU grads. Even a lot of Penn State, Michigan, Texas, WVU and Oregon grads. I even know of 2 Fordham grads.

So what's your point?

By the way......great comeback!
My joke was funnier than yours, brother. Because there is truth in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 05:03 PM
 
304 posts, read 208,661 times
Reputation: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Too bad there's not enough room in the world for visionaries like us, huh?
lol you gamecocks just want to recite 5 in a row and you won the game over and over. I apologize for trying to advance the conservation into maybe more than mindless cheerleading. Yes we know about 5 in a row and that SC beat Clemson. lol how could we forget. Nobody is denying that but it is possible we could talk about a change in football that might make games more fun to watch.

You could argue that it was a pivotal fumble recovery that lead to Clemson beating NC State and Boston College this year so it isn't like this change to the game would always benefit Clemson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 05:08 PM
 
783 posts, read 1,150,363 times
Reputation: 394
Even if clemson hadn't coughed it up, Boyd would have thrown an INT eventually. It's all good!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 05:16 PM
 
304 posts, read 208,661 times
Reputation: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Even if clemson hadn't coughed it up, Boyd would have thrown an INT eventually. It's all good!
lol you really hate a Boyd. Boyd played a lot better against LSU than lil Conor Shaw last year. Boyd wouldn't lose to Tenn either. We can go all day with this kind of thing. All I know is both teams lost 2 games this year and Clemson played the probable national champ. That isn't SC by the way, don't want to get your hopes up , lol. You are national champs if you beat Clemson, it seems. Clemson has beat NC State like 8 out of 9 times but we don't really feel the need to keep saying it.

If you don't win a national title or a conference title, your team didn't really accomplish much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Sumter, SC
1,780 posts, read 1,910,436 times
Reputation: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelham3 View Post
My joke was funnier than yours, brother. Because there is truth in it.
There was a joke? I guess I need to go back and re-read it.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Nope. Still nothing. Just that a Carolina grad lives in Sumter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 05:31 PM
 
304 posts, read 208,661 times
Reputation: 97
I think Sumter is about the worse place to live in SC outside of the one stoplight towns like Aynor.

I thought it was ironic you are making redneck jokes when you live in Sumter. To each his own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-05-2013, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Sumter, SC
1,780 posts, read 1,910,436 times
Reputation: 1225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelham3 View Post
I think Sumter is about the worse place to live in SC outside of the one stoplight towns like Aynor.

I thought it was ironic you are making redneck jokes when you live in Sumter. To each his own.
When did I make a "redneck" joke?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top