Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 08:19 PM

304 posts, read 266,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Its a perfect analogy for the nonsense you are spewing. Debo didn't get Red's bike or necklace by a fluke. He took it.

Just like USC TOOK the ball from Boyd. Not a fluke. Its why good coaches teach QB's to slide. Clemson must not. Shaw did and went out of bounds.
lol he couldn't slide, did you even watch the game? He was completely surrounded, he couldn't get down.

why the hell are you talking about that dumb movie. i don't even want to understand your dumb point on that. friday, geez
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 08:27 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelham3 View Post
lol he couldn't slide, did you even watch the game? He was completely surrounded, he couldn't get down.

why the hell are you talking about that dumb movie. i don't even want to understand your dumb point on that. friday, geez
Hey genius.....the proper way to coach that would be to slide...BEFORE you are surrounded and caught by the defense. That's the whole point about good coaching.

Tajh got the Debo treatment. He tried to take on the USC D. He failed. Got the ball ripped right away from him. USC didn't wait on a fluke fumble. They TOOK the ball.

The only version of football where a ball is called immediately dead upon a fumble is flag football. In flag football, when you drop the ball, and it is "fumbled", the play is immediately whistled dead.

Does Clemson want to play flag football now?

Old 12-05-2013, 08:29 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,131,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd2013 View Post
hey genius.....the proper way to coach that would be to slide...before you are surrounded and caught by the defense. That's the whole point about good coaching.

Tajh got the debo treatment. He tried to take on the usc d. He failed. Got the ball ripped right away from him. Usc didn't wait on a fluke fumble. They took the ball.

The only version of football where a ball is called immediately dead upon a fumble is flag football. In flag football, when you drop the ball, and it is "fumbled", the play is immediately whistled dead.

does clemson want to play flag football now?
:d

Old 12-05-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Hey genius.....the proper way to coach that would be to slide...BEFORE you are surrounded and caught by the defense. That's the whole point about good coaching.

Tajh got the Debo treatment. He tried to take on the USC D. He failed. Got the ball ripped right away from him. USC didn't wait on a fluke fumble. They TOOK the ball.

Does Clemson want to play flag football now?
Boyd runs it only on a qb keeper, he is running straight ahead b/ the tackles. he is not out in open space most of the time like lil Conor. He can't slide. you need to watch the game I think. the play was dead , he wasn't going anywhere but refs didn't blow the whistle and the sc player just hacking at the ball. yeah you are going to drop it sometimes in that scenario. it is what it is, i think it made the game suck though becaue clemson was moving the ball on SC and they get it back for just having some luck at hacking at the ball.

you are such a tool. i think there will still be tackles and big hits in football if we don't have fumbles lead to turnovers. it will still be a "manly" game.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:36 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,131,396 times
Clempson moved the ball all night. No question. But stupid and irresponsible plays cost them possession. When you play stupid, you lose.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Boyd runs it only on a qb keeper, he is running straight ahead b/ the tackles. he is not out in open space most of the time like lil Conor. He can't slide. you need to watch the game I think. the play was dead , he wasn't going anywhere but refs didn't blow the whistle and the sc player just hacking at the ball. yeah you are going to drop it sometimes in that scenario. it is what it is, i think it made the game suck though becaue clemson was moving the ball on SC and they get it back for just having some luck at hacking at the ball.

you are such a tool. i think there will still be tackles and big hits in football if we don't have fumbles lead to turnovers. it will still be a "manly" game.

2013 USC vs Clemson - Chaz Sutton Forced Fumble and Fumble Recovery - YouTube

THERE is the play. You are 100% wrong.

It was a pass play. Boyd got pressure from a blitz, and decided to run.

He ran to near the line of scrimmage. Now, look when he gets to the 35...about 2 yards shy of the black line. He could legally slide.

He decided not to. Instead, he decided to try to go head on with 4 defenders. He was "tied up" for about 2 seconds. NOT enough time to call a play dead. In fact, had he held on to the ball, and his feet freed, he had open grass to run. Manziel or NIU QB Jordan Lynch probably could have cleared that mess.

Now. There you go. You have been proven, with video, to be 100% wrong.

Boyd tried to pass. Got pressured. Could've slid. Tried to bull his way through USC's D. Got the ball taken from him within about 2.5 seconds of doing so.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:39 PM

ok, there is really not point in talking to gamecocks about this given it is only reason you won the game. you can't be open minded about at this point. I've been talking about this for like 6 years though, it isn't about this one game.

I'd like to see defenses have to stop the offense not just steal the ball away. i think it would make for better games and also not let teams get away with bad position defenses. I see a lot of teams every year get away with poor play b/c they get some fumble recoveries.

i am done here.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
ok, there is really not point in talking to gamecocks about this given it is only reason you won the game. you can't be open minded about at this point.

i am done here.
No you aren't. You'll be back to respond to this. Guarantee it.

You are giving up because I just owned you with that video and the explanation of it. You have no clue what you are talking about. Even this stupid minimum wage fireman can see that.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:14 PM

Quote:
No you aren't. You'll be back to respond to this. Guarantee it.

You are giving up because I just owned you with that video and the explanation of it. You have no clue what you are talking about. Even this stupid minimum wage fireman can see that.
nah it doesn't change my point about a turnover needs to have a higher threshold in football given the length of time an offense can have the ball.

it doesn't matter just one of these things that would make games better. I don't think it is all that surprising a big dude on defense could strip the ball from a smaller QB.

Old 12-05-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
nah it doesn't change my point about a turnover needs to have a higher threshold in football given the length of time an offense can have the ball.

it doesn't matter just one of these things that would make games better. I don't think it is all that surprising a big dude on defense could strip the ball from a smaller QB.
See. Told ya you'd be back.

You're ride. Big defenders can and do physically take balls away from QB's. That's why coaches team them to slide. Tajh decided to risk it. And lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina