Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 10:03 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelham3 View Post
Ok, well I will take Boyd's chance at the NFL over Shaw picking his nose in Columbia next year. Nobody will remember this game outside of ***** like you who worship the players because nothing going right in your own life. It is just a game. One game a year. Given Clemson's record against SC i don't think we have to commit sucidie over their first 5 game streak ever. we won 10 out of 15 and you never heard that state. we won out 8 out of 9, no clemson fans recited that. That is the difference, we are clearly the better program b/c we don't focus that much on how many wins a row. Beating clemson ir your superbowl b/c who have you beat other than Clemson the past few years? A good run against UGA and that is about it. You went like 1=3 against arkansas at one point I wouldn't say they were much better than Clemson.

Shaw's a good runner but he didn't do that on designed plays. He a quick little guy and those players can make plays against defenses that aren't elite. But shaw never did anyting against elite defenses. I'd take boyd over shaw against elite defenses. SC c ouldn't beat a LSU, Clemson can, for that very reason

running qbs don't work out against the best defenses. That is why Clemson is the better team than SC despite SC's scucess the past few years against us.
Actually, Shaw has said that if he isn't given an NFL shot, he is going to accept an opportunity to try to earn a commission as an officer in the US Marine Corp. Go ahead, make fun of that government job too.

He did run on designed plays. Its called a "Quarterback Draw" and they ran it dozens and dozens of times all year, with a lot of success.

Boyd played two elite defenses this year: Florida State and South Carolina. And gets owned every time he does it.

And, some of Clemson's best years came with a running quarterback, Woody Dantzler.

Tajh Boyd runs a lot. Just not against USC or FSU.

Your football knowledge is as bad as your typing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 10:08 PM

304 posts, read 266,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Actually, Shaw has said that if he isn't given an NFL shot, he is going to accept an opportunity to try to earn a commission as an officer in the US Marine Corp. Go ahead, make fun of that government job too.

He did run on designed plays. Its called a "Quarterback Draw" and they ran it dozens and dozens of times all year, with a lot of success.

Boyd played two elite defenses this year: Florida State and South Carolina. And gets owned every time he does it.

And, some of Clemson's best years came with a running quarterback, Woody Dantzler.

Tajh Boyd runs a lot. Just not against USC or FSU.

Your football knowledge is as bad as your typing.
record wise, Woody only had one good season. The reason it was close to 5 losses. Woody was a lot better than Shaw though. lol not even close.

I don't think a sample size of two is enough to make a point about Boyd and it was turnovers in both games not Boyd's play. Boyd had more yards if I'm not mistaken and he played well until those last two interceptions when the game was pretty much over and he was pressing for a quick score.

Weren't yo uthe guy saying Coastal Carolina could beat Clemson this year? lol, they couldn't even stop SC's mediocre offense. You are the football expert here, that is why you gravitated to SC football which is hiostrically one of the worse football sschoools in the country. Our record against SC is doing just fine despite a 5 game run by SC. lol

Old 12-04-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
record wise, Woody only had one good season. The reason it was close to 5 losses. Woody was a lot better than Shaw though. lol not even close.

I don't think a sample size of two is enough to make a point about Boyd and it was turnovers in both games not Boyd's play. Boyd had more yards if I'm not mistaken and he played well until those last two interceptions when the game was pretty much over and he was pressing for a quick score.

Weren't yo uthe guy saying Coastal Carolina could beat Clemson this year? lol, they couldn't even stop SC's mediocre offense. You are the football expert here, that is why you gravitated to SC football which is hiostrically one of the worse football sschoools in the country. Our record against SC is doing just fine despite a 5 game run by SC. lol
Haha, yeah. USC ripped the ball right out of Boyd's weak hands, then he throws INT's. But it WASNT his play???

No, I didn't say CCU would beat Clemson. Someone else may have, not me. CCU is a 1-AA team, and should never beat Clemson or any other major conference team.

Clemson fans are freaking out about this 5th loss in a row. Not because its so awful overall, historically still leads the series.

But because Clemson fans KNOW what the future holds. This isn't the old Gamecocks. Clemson fans deep down know that USC is going to be good, for a long time.

Clemson built it's overall record vs USC in a lot of years when USC was really bad.

USC isn't going to be really bad again for a very long time, and Clemson fans know that means trouble.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Haha, yeah. USC ripped the ball right out of Boyd's weak hands, then he throws INT's. But it WASNT his play???

No, I didn't say CCU would beat Clemson. Someone else may have, not me. CCU is a 1-AA team, and should never beat Clemson or any other major conference team.

Clemson fans are freaking out about this 5th loss in a row. Not because its so awful overall, historically still leads the series.

But because Clemson fans KNOW what the future holds. This isn't the old Gamecocks. Clemson fans deep down know that USC is going to be good, for a long time.

Clemson built it's overall record vs USC in a lot of years when USC was really bad.

USC isn't going to be really bad again for a very long time, and Clemson fans know that means trouble.
lol dude, you want me to be fricking out about it. I'm having more fun talking trash about SC than you are having fun talking trash about Clemson. I'm better at it, it is obvious.

This run against Clemson is SC's Superbowl. Still no SEC titles though. You might get the outback bowl this year too. lol

I don't think SC has been goon enough past few years to say they can't go back to where they have been most of their existence.

I'm amazed at SC fans commitment to SC even when they suck. You don't see winless and 1 loss seasons at Clemson and I wouldn't follow Clemson if it got to that point. That was SC football in the 90s. It so weird to see SC fans act like they are worldbeaters even though outside of Clemson and UGA who have they really beaten in past years? Michigan last year due to a fluke fumble at the end of the game? lol oh man.

how many teams are 10-2 this year? How many played FSU? Exactly. Perspective. Even good teams will lose one game on the road to a top 10 team every now and then although I don't[ think SC is really top 10, just the SEC bias and weak SEC east. Top 25 though.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:50 PM

243 posts, read 282,823 times
Quote:
lol dude, you want me to be fricking out about it. I'm having more fun talking trash about SC than you are having fun talking trash about Clemson. I'm better at it, it is obvious.

This run against Clemson is SC's Superbowl. Still no SEC titles though. You might get the outback bowl this year too. lol

I don't think SC has been goon enough past few years to say they can't go back to where they have been most of their existence.

I'm amazed at SC fans commitment to SC even when they suck. You don't see winless and 1 loss seasons at Clemson and I wouldn't follow Clemson if it got to that point. That was SC football in the 90s. It so weird to see SC fans act like they are worldbeaters even though outside of Clemson and UGA who have they really beaten in past years? Michigan last year due to a fluke fumble at the end of the game? lol oh man.

how many teams are 10-2 this year? How many played FSU? Exactly. Perspective. Even good teams will lose one game on the road to a top 10 team every now and then although I don't[ think SC is really top 10, just the SEC bias and weak SEC east. Top 25 though.
you played 2 good teams all year long and got embarrassed at home by one of them and turned the ball over 6 times against the other. the only other decent team clemson played all year was UGA and they played that game at home in the first game of the year having to replace 7 guys who were drafted last year (does any ACC team other than FSU even have 7 guys that are draft worthy).

even as poorly as Carolina played at times this year they could have slept walked through the season and still gotten 10 wins.

Quote:
You don't see winless and 1 loss seasons at Clemson and I wouldn't follow Clemson if it got to that point.
you show your true colors with this comment, the biggest clemson fan in the world when they are winning but no where to be found when they aren't

Old 12-04-2013, 10:56 PM

yeah I gues that loss to Tenn was b/c of Sc's awesome schedule?

I don't watch bad football teams. Just not my thing. I'n not slaves to Clemson athletics. It is just for entertainment and it is fun to have one team you root for and then when ESPN shows the players running down the hill I can tell people hey, I went there. It is pretty cool.

At the end of the day this is just a bunch of 18-22 year old kids playing a game and I don't know any of them. lol I don't take sports seriously. Only sports trash talk. LOL

Clemson doesn't lose to bad teams, SC has a way of doing that. You lost ot Auburn last year or year before when everybody was dominating that including Clemson.

In fact, Clemson has beat 3 teams , UGA, LSU, Auburn in recent years that SC lost to in that same season. We also would have beat Tenn this year, by 30 points or more.

If Clemson and SC palyed 50 game schedules and teams all over the country , Clemson would have the better record by far. given so few games are played in college ball it is difficult to see the seperation that would exist after a longer real season. Fewer teams could stop Clemson's offense than teams could score enough on SC's defense to beat them. We happened to play 2 that could slow up our offense this year but the turnovers in both games by Clemson were like Murphy's Law on cocaine.

the funny thing is SC played two ACC teams this year so shouldn't SC's schedule be one of the worse? lol those are easy wins, UNC and Clemson? that SEC east, Florida, Tenn, Kentucky Vanderbilt, a injured UGA team, a Missouri squad without their starting qb, woah, too good. Clemson and ACC will never measure up to that greatness.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:42 AM

243 posts, read 282,823 times
Quote:
yeah I gues that loss to Tenn was b/c of Sc's awesome schedule?

I don't watch bad football teams. Just not my thing. I'n not slaves to Clemson athletics. It is just for entertainment and it is fun to have one team you root for and then when ESPN shows the players running down the hill I can tell people hey, I went there. It is pretty cool.

At the end of the day this is just a bunch of 18-22 year old kids playing a game and I don't know any of them. lol I don't take sports seriously. Only sports trash talk. LOL

Clemson doesn't lose to bad teams, SC has a way of doing that. You lost ot Auburn last year or year before when everybody was dominating that including Clemson.

In fact, Clemson has beat 3 teams , UGA, LSU, Auburn in recent years that SC lost to in that same season. We also would have beat Tenn this year, by 30 points or more.

If Clemson and SC palyed 50 game schedules and teams all over the country , Clemson would have the better record by far. given so few games are played in college ball it is difficult to see the seperation that would exist after a longer real season. Fewer teams could stop Clemson's offense than teams could score enough on SC's defense to beat them. We happened to play 2 that could slow up our offense this year but the turnovers in both games by Clemson were like Murphy's Law on cocaine.

the funny thing is SC played two ACC teams this year so shouldn't SC's schedule be one of the worse? lol those are easy wins, UNC and Clemson? that SEC east, Florida, Tenn, Kentucky Vanderbilt, a injured UGA team, a Missouri squad without their starting qb, woah, too good. Clemson and ACC will never measure up to that greatness.
USC's loss to UT was a combination of playing poorly, playing against a team that has talent (even if their record doesn't show it), and playing on the road in a hostile environment...combine those three factors and you have the makings of an upset. Clemson fans wouldn't know about that because the ACC lacks talent overall and the term hostile environment is a foreign concept.

the last time Carolina played Auburn was in 2011, yes it was a game we shouldn't have lost but to say everyone was dominating them is a bit of an overstatement. they finished 8-5 (including trouncing UVA in the Chick-fil-a Bowl), 4 of their 5 losses came to teams that were ranked (all of them in the top 14 at the time)...the only loss to an unranked team, Clemson. oh and they were coming off a national championship the year before.

yea Clemson beat UGA this year (at home) while Carolina lost to them on the road and last year Clemson beat an LSU team (in a bowl game, where lets be honest half of LSU's defense had already cheked out of was focusing soley on the combine and draft) while Carolina lost on the road to them. what do those two things have in common? Carolina faced hostile crowds of 92,000+ where as Clemson at worst got to play at a neutral site. Guess what head to head Carolina still beat Clemson

Over the last 5 years carolina has lost a grand total of 1 game to an ACC school (to FSU)...in the same time frame I believe Clemson has lost 7 to SEC schools.

and Clemson and UNC sure did make Carolina's wins over them look easy this year.

and if Clemson and UT played Clemson may beat them by 30, but if they played 10 times I guarantee you they don't win every one.

and you act like the Clemson players just dropped the ball for no reason against Carolina. other than the punt where one of the Clemson players got in the way none of them were flukes. the INT on the first drive of the game was a heck of a play by Williams to stay at home unlike the rest of the defense and prevent what should have been a TD. on the other fumble on the punt return, the PR was flat out stripped of the ball...like was Boyd on his fumble (although that wasn't so much a stripping as he just flat out took the ball away). The two INTs were just bad decisions/throws by Boyd.

By the way Im pretty sure Carolina is the only team in the country this year to have 3 wins over teams that are ranked in the top 16 of the BCS, two of which came on the road. while I know you will say yea but one of them is UCF, UCF is a good team. They aren't great but they could compete with/beat most of the ACC (FSU and Clemson being the only two that are clearly better than them).

oh and by the way, Carolina also started their backup against Mizzou (you know that guy that put the beat down on yall last year), and when Shaw came in he still wasn't 100% (although he does kill Mizzou 20-21 last season in Columbia and then the comeback this year).

Old 12-05-2013, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamecock303 View Post
USC's loss to UT was a combination of playing poorly, playing against a team that has talent (even if their record doesn't show it), and playing on the road in a hostile environment...combine those three factors and you have the makings of an upset. Clemson fans wouldn't know about that because the ACC lacks talent overall and the term hostile environment is a foreign concept.

the last time Carolina played Auburn was in 2011, yes it was a game we shouldn't have lost but to say everyone was dominating them is a bit of an overstatement. they finished 8-5 (including trouncing UVA in the Chick-fil-a Bowl), 4 of their 5 losses came to teams that were ranked (all of them in the top 14 at the time)...the only loss to an unranked team, Clemson. oh and they were coming off a national championship the year before.

yea Clemson beat UGA this year (at home) while Carolina lost to them on the road and last year Clemson beat an LSU team (in a bowl game, where lets be honest half of LSU's defense had already cheked out of was focusing soley on the combine and draft) while Carolina lost on the road to them. what do those two things have in common? Carolina faced hostile crowds of 92,000+ where as Clemson at worst got to play at a neutral site. Guess what head to head Carolina still beat Clemson

Over the last 5 years carolina has lost a grand total of 1 game to an ACC school (to FSU)...in the same time frame I believe Clemson has lost 7 to SEC schools.

and Clemson and UNC sure did make Carolina's wins over them look easy this year.

and if Clemson and UT played Clemson may beat them by 30, but if they played 10 times I guarantee you they don't win every one.

and you act like the Clemson players just dropped the ball for no reason against Carolina. other than the punt where one of the Clemson players got in the way none of them were flukes. the INT on the first drive of the game was a heck of a play by Williams to stay at home unlike the rest of the defense and prevent what should have been a TD. on the other fumble on the punt return, the PR was flat out stripped of the ball...like was Boyd on his fumble (although that wasn't so much a stripping as he just flat out took the ball away). The two INTs were just bad decisions/throws by Boyd.

By the way Im pretty sure Carolina is the only team in the country this year to have 3 wins over teams that are ranked in the top 16 of the BCS, two of which came on the road. while I know you will say yea but one of them is UCF, UCF is a good team. They aren't great but they could compete with/beat most of the ACC (FSU and Clemson being the only two that are clearly better than them).

oh and by the way, Carolina also started their backup against Mizzou (you know that guy that put the beat down on yall last year), and when Shaw came in he still wasn't 100% (although he does kill Mizzou 20-21 last season in Columbia and then the comeback this year).

I think the fumble needs to be eliminated from college football. It bails out bad defenses and Boyd had no way of getting down on that play in which he was stripped. It basically allow defenses to foul players on offense and gain extra posessions from it. It encourages defensive players to tee off on players in hopes of jarring the bar loose. I'd rather see teams win or lose based on their defense and offense not extra posessions off fluke turnovers. Take the random luck thing out of the game. If Clemson and SC generally have to go the same length of the field and have an equal number of posessions, Clemson wins easily this year.

At least get rid of the punt return fumble. Let that be a 10 yard penatly or something but not a turnover. the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

USC doesn't ever play any ACC schools other than Clemson, NC STate and UNC in the regular season. When is the last time you played VA Tech or Miami or Georgia Tech or Boston College or Maryland, etc.

What is funny to me is how SC says ACC sucks but Clemson has dominated the rivalry. You need to be better than Clemson for decades b efore you say ACC sucks and you would own it if you played in it. Clemson has wins over LSU, Kentucky, Tenn in bowl games in recent years, we went 2-1 against auburn in 3 years, a win over UGA. we did lose bad on the road to bama in 08 in bowden's last year. We haven't played Florida ever it seems but I think Clemson could dump that team in the past 5 years post Tebow. Most of our losses to SEC teams are usually by 3 points or something, I think we lost to Auburn and LSU like this in some bowl games in the late 90s. It wasn't domination for sure. What is so scary about SEC? If you had to play the best teams in both divisions it could be a scary conference but that isn't the case. You guys lucked out getting Ark as your yearly west opponent and it seems like the other scohols are always the weakest team in that division that year.

every gamecock has its day. SC fans aren't really enjoying this run b/c they know once it is over it is over forever. lol you are fearing the first lost in a few years rather than enjoying the ride.

This new playoff system is goin gto prove that SEC is overrated once the poll bias for SEC doesn't guarantee them a post in title game.

Last edited by Pelham3; 12-05-2013 at 01:14 AM..

Old 12-05-2013, 06:15 AM

Pelham, for a Clemson graduate (supposedly) you sure type like a 16 year old girl. Enough with the "LOL" constantly.

And enough with the excuses for the turnovers. If it wasn't for 3-4 untimely turnovers, USC would've beaten UGA and UT and been undefeated right now. Its football. It happens.

And you completely reveal your true character when you said you would no longer follow or root for Clemson if they were losing. Nice. What next, you gonna become a Missouri fan since they're winning?

Old 12-05-2013, 06:48 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,130,907 times
What do a Hurricane, a Tornado and a clempson divorce all have in common?
Somebody is about to lose a trailer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina