Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2014, 07:11 PM

467 posts, read 542,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
Yes, on the D1 level for a school in a major conference.

I don't you're any position to talk about IQ levels if your spelling and grammar are any indication. And they don't care what you think about it either.
ok well I'm a mechanical engineer, while they major in parks and recreation management or other made for football player majors. All the SEC programs commit academic fraud to keep their players eligible too. Write their tests for them, etc.

You are using an appeal to authority argument which is about as anti-intellectual as it gets. You also shouldn't go out for the debate team.

Your counterpoint is basically "most football players are ok with random luck determining games so therefore your point makes no sense".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't think the fumbles hurt you guys as much as did the INTs. Maybe they should take INTs out of the game too?
I'm not supporting taking out fumble recoverires merely b/c they helped us lose, so your analogy doesn't work. This isn't about the fact Clemson lost, I've always had this view on fumbles.

Plus 2 of the interceptions were when we were behind due to the 3 fumbles in a row that got us behind late int he 4th and Boyd was pressing too much. It was highly unlikely we were going to win at that point.

The first interception was a great play by your secondary on a dumb play called by Morris.

Interceptions the defense is using position defense to make a play, they aren't hacking a player with the ball to get it or just falling on it in the lucky event the player on offense drops it.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:19 PM

I dont know why SC fans hate me so much, I'm really no worse than Spurrier when it comes to trash talk. He was trolling Clemson today for some reason. lol

guess he's pissed we got OSU and they got Wisconsin. lol

Old 01-01-2014, 07:22 PM

800 posts, read 1,463,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis. View Post
I dont know why SC fans hate me so much, I'm really no worse than Spurrier when it comes to trash talk. He was trolling Clemson today for some reason. lol

guess he's pissed we got OSU and they got Wisconsin. lol
Spurrier can back it up. And his smack-talk is based in reality. Your coach can dish it out, he should also learn to take it.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:25 PM

422 posts, read 486,847 times
Quote:
ok well I'm a mechanical engineer, while they major in parks and recreation management or other made for football player majors.

I have a degree in computer science. Many of my teammates were majoring in the applied sciences.

Quote:
You are using an appeal to authority argument which is about as anti-intellectual as it gets. You also shouldn't go out for the debate team.
That's rich coming from someone who has been making ridiculous argumentum ad populum fallacies.

Quote:
Your counterpoint is basically "most football players are ok with random luck determining games so therefore your point makes no sense".
Actually my counterpoint is that fumbles are part of the game. You're not arguing from actual logic but bias over your team being on the losing end of a game where they fumbled multiple times. The fact that you haven't even played football just compounds the fact you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Spurrier can back it up. And his smack-talk is based in reality. Your coach can dish it out, he should also learn to take it.
when has Dabo ever dished it out first? lol He's responded to Spurrier once or twice. Dabo always respects our opponents nobody who they are.

What did Spurrier back up this year? Did he call the two punt return fumbles and Boyd gang up on fumble? Good coaching, man. lol

Spurrier does it b/c he knows Dabo is more likeable to high school players so he hopes his trash talk thing will make him seem kind of cool. It is all about recruiting.

Clemson stuffed that overrated Mike Davis kid like no other SEC team this year. ACC did that.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:26 PM

The Rant.

Blabo will not, and should not, ever live that one down.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Clemson stuffed that overrated Mike Davis kid like no other SEC team this year. ACC did that.
You'd think Watkins would get one TD against us. I mean, just one.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
I have a degree in computer science. Many of my teammates were majoring in the applied sciences.

That's rich coming from someone who has been making ridiculous argumentum ad populum fallacies.

Actually my counterpoint is that fumbles are part of the game. You're not arguing from actual logic but bias over your team being on the losing end of a game where they fumbled multiple times. The fact that you haven't even played football just compounds the fact you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.
ok well you never stated specifically what college you attended or provide any way for me to corroborate it on here. Everybody's a doctor, star quarterback, supermodel on the internet. lol

You don't refute my argtument if my argument isn't "fumbles are not part of the game". My argument is they shouldn't be. Not that they aren't.

You've missed my point about how CLemson could have lost at least 2 games this year due to our own fumble luck. Again, you are the one who is biased in that you are dismissing my argumetn simply b/c Clemson lost because of it rather than on the merits of what I'm saying.

Old 01-01-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
You'd think Watkins would get one TD against us. I mean, just one.
lol, you guys triple teamed him. That is why Bryant was wide open for rthat big catch before one of our touchdowns. Watkins might have gotten one on that drive if not for that awesome defensive gang up on Boyd for the fumble. lol

i'm not mistaken our white guy WR whose name i can't remember right now had more yards than normal in that game. So boyd was hitting the open guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina