Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 04:45 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,409,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBaker View Post
what cracks me up about you is how you say you aren't a leftwinger even though it is clear you are and you even advocated for this horrible Obamacare law.
I'm not a left winger. I didn't vote for Obama. But I'm sure as hell not a Republican either, thank God.

Unlike you, I don't let politics run my inner thoughts and assumptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 04:48 PM

154 posts, read 244,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
I'm not a left winger. I didn't vote for Obama. But I'm sure as hell not a Republican either, thank God.

Unlike you, I don't let politics run my inner thoughts and assumptions.
lol well you were gushing over Obamacare and you blame Republicans for your low salary, even. You are definitely a leftwinger if you support OCare. Doesn't get more leftwing than that and you clearly support higher taxes as well.

The way you talk about women is a good indication you support abortion so you can avoid personal responsibly for a baby .

If you didn't vote Obama it was b/c you knew SC was going to go for Romney regardless.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
lol well you were gushing over Obamacare and you blame Republicans for your low salary, even. You are definitely a leftwinger if you support OCare. Doesn't get more leftwing than that and you clearly support higher taxes as well.

The way you talk about women is a good indication you support abortion so you can avoid personal responsibly for a baby .

If you didn't vote Obama it was b/c you knew SC was going to go for Romney regardless.
You have me mistaken on Obamacare. Never applauded it. Im indifferent to Obamacare.

As for pay, yes. In right wing Republican states, police and firemen are generally paid much less than they deserve. Same for ALL of the military, in any state. People who risk their lives to protect us deserve more.

I didn't vote for Obama because I didn't like him, and still don't, as a leader. Romney? A joke. So was McCain and John Edwards and Hillary. All of them are a joke.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
You have me mistaken on Obamacare. Never applauded it. Im indifferent to Obamacare.

As for pay, yes. In right wing Republican states, police and firemen are generally paid much less than they deserve. Same for ALL of the military, in any state. People who risk their lives to protect us deserve more.

I didn't vote for Obama because I didn't like him, and still don't, as a leader. Romney? A joke. So was McCain and John Edwards and Hillary. All of them are a joke.
Salary isn't based on some magical idea of what you deserve. Everybody thinks they deserve more. You aren't risking your life for anybody, just aiming water at a fire which doesn't even happen all that often.

You started a thread on here in which you were outraged some Republican in Charleston was opposing the implementation of O-Care in SC. How dare they.

You are a leftwinger who doesn't vote. Indiffernet to O-Care means you are ok with it. Even majority of moderates oppose OCare.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Salary isn't based on some magical idea of what you deserve. Everybody thinks they deserve more. You aren't risking your life for anybody, just aiming water at a fire which doesn't even happen all that often.

You started a thread on here in which you were outraged some Republican in Charleston was opposing the implementation of O-Care in SC. How dare they.

You are a leftwinger who doesn't vote. Indiffernet to O-Care means you are ok with it. Even majority of moderates oppose OCare.
9 dead firemen at Sofa Super Store says otherwise. I hope you get into a life-or-death situation, and call 911..........and the cops and firemen are too busy for you.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
9 dead firemen at Sofa Super Store says otherwise. I hope you get into a life-or-death situation, and call 911..........and the cops and firemen are too busy for you.
lol, I love you put youself up on a pedestal. You think people should kiss your azz b/c you are frickin' firefighter. You sit around and do nothing the majority of the time.

Why weren't you one of those killed? Just got lucky? lol

I have no problem with you quitting your job if you feel like you aren't appreciated.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
lol, I love you put youself up on a pedestal. You think people should kiss your azz b/c you are frickin' firefighter. You sit around and do nothing the majority of the time.

Why weren't you one of those killed?
Stay classy buddy.

But how does it feel? I get to sit around, play video games, eat, workout, and all while getting paid......with YOUR tax money haha!!

Go get back to work Bob. I got bills, and I need your tax money. Think of me when you go to work. You're working to pay MY bills haha!

Old 12-24-2013, 05:13 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,315,370 times
Yeah, it's Christmas. Stop all this nonsense.

Old 12-24-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
What the...? o O
lol.

by the way, the Charleston fire departmnet was criticized for not following proper procedures. From Wikipedia, some pull quotes:

Analysis of photographs and video has also raised concerns about firefighters, including chief officers, who were not utilizing personal protective equipment appropriately.[35] Some firefighters were wearing street clothes, while others had open coats or were missing helmets. Some firefighters could be seen walking through toxic smoke without air packs. Fire Chief Rusty Thomas has indicated that everyone inside the structure, including the nine fallen firefighters, were wearing the appropriate protective equipment.[35]
Although thermal imaging cameras were available on the scene, they were not used in the scene size-up or to help find victims.[36]

The International Association of Fire Fighters (IAFF) and other fire safety experts, including Roger L. Yow, president of the Charleston Firefighters Association and a former captain with 25 years of service in the department,[23] have been critical of the manner in which the fire was handled. Union officials and other fire safety experts claim the City of Charleston Fire Department did not follow procedures consistent with the National Incident Management System.[15][24][25][26] South Carolina governor Mark Sanford directed all state and local emergency response agencies to adopt the system in 2005.[24][27] Acting state fire marshal John Reich said the state does not inspect the operating procedures of fire departments, but they assume that departments are following guidelines prescribed in the National Incident Management System.[27] Some fire safety experts have also questioned why so many firefighters were in a burning building with a steel truss roof, which is known to be a serious safety hazard for firefighters.[24][26][28] A routine fire preplan of the structure in June 2006 made no mention of its roof construction,[15][27] and it has been suggested that CFD firefighters did not pull the ceiling to check for extension into the roof structure.[15]

Old 12-24-2013, 06:08 PM

Keep at it Bob. Classy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina