U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support the creation of a Florence subforum
Yes 33 70.21%
No 14 29.79%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 04:02 PM

467 posts, read 456,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddaVisser View Post
It's so obvious that carolinachaos is your latest screename (same writing style). How many screennames are you going to create to win the poll you created? The poll had 17 total votes prior to today (6yes 11 no) then all of a sudden today it gets 5 votes in a span of 2 hrs all voting yes and new users registering specifically to let their voice be heard about the need of Florence forum. Lmao!
lol the guy who lies about going to Duke University is now accusing me of voting twice in the same poll that I created? I dont' think I even voted once in this poll. It won't be end of the world if they don't add Florence forum so it hilarious you think I would rigg my own poll. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2014, 04:15 PM

419 posts, read 400,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis. View Post
lol the guy who lies about going to Duke University is now accusing me of voting twice in the same poll that I created? I dont' think I even voted once in this poll. It won't be end of the world if they don't add Florence forum so it hilarious you think I would rigg my own poll. lol

I'm not going to Duke, I already went and graduated. Going is present tense. That said, you were clearly distraught at the idea of people not wanting a Florence forum hence your whining about people voting no and begging of mods to create the forum even if there was little interest. I have no doubt you're carolinachaos and you voted more than twice. How incredibly pathetic you are.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to Duke, I already went and graduated. Going is present tense. That said, you were clearly distraught at the idea of people not wanting a Florence forum hence your whining about people voting no and begging of mods to create the forum even if there was little interest. I have no doubt you're carolinachaos and you voted more than twice. How incredibly pathetic you are.
Ok well you haven't proved anything. You just reconfirming what a dumb guy you are that you even care enough about this to allege a conspiracy on my part.

I'm not carolinachaos. It is up to you to prove that I am if that is your belief.

How do I know you haven't voted numerous time against this idea? I also wouldn't doubt a lot of the nay votes were from people who just don't like me b/c I'm a conservative. I'm not complaining about that though.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Ok well you haven't proved anything. You just reconfirming what a dumb guy you are that you even care enough about this to allege a conspiracy on my part.

I'm not carolinachaos. It is up to you to prove that I am if that is your belief.

Ok, carolinachaos.

Quote:
How do I know you haven't voted numerous time against this idea?

Well retard when you post things like this:

Quote:
is it really that difficult for them to jsut create a forum for every major city in a state? so what if there is little interest. i see plenty of larger cities than Flornece on here that have little activity yet the forums aren't deleted b/c it isn't hurting anything to have them. probably would take them 2 seconds to set up another forum.
and this:

Quote:
i appreciate any s upport for Flotown. let's roll.

it's a clear indication that you are not voting against it.

Last edited by AddaVisser; 01-06-2014 at 04:28 PM..

Old 01-06-2014, 05:15 PM

253 posts, read 523,641 times
Florence deserves to have its own forum because there are many people who are interested in moving to Florence. Florence is an hour from the beach and eastern North Carolina if you like the beach. The cost of living is low and the arts festivities in downtown Florence are up to par with Charleston and Columbia. Conway and Myrtle Beach cannot say that it has two major hospitals, a cost-effective university that is growing into Mt. Pleasant, and excellent industries such as Honda (Timmonsville) or Otis Elevator that provides jobs for people who need it like Florence does.

Florence's population is bigger than Myrtle Beach's population (year-round).

Florence's population 37,326.

Conway's population 18,688

Myrtle Beach's population 28,292

You can do a search on google to verify the population for each city that is listed and it happens to be current.

This is my third year living in Florence and I love living here. Columbia and Charleston do not have the charm that Florence has.

The restaurants in Florence is absolutely amazing! My favorite restaurant is Roger's BBQ or us locals would call it "The Pig" right off on Second Loop Rd.

@Francis, if we do not get a subforum, then Florence would be our best kept secret!

Old 01-06-2014, 05:25 PM

@augusto

Good points, I didn't know Florence had a bigger population than Mrtyle Beach. That surprised me.

I did know Florence and Pee Dee had better employers and generally an easier place to find a decent paying job than MB.

The reason I think Florence should have a forum is it will help put it on people's radars who are not familiar with it.

It is also the only major SC city along I-95 and it is the "capital" city of the northeast part of the state with people from the surround cities coming into town all the time to shop and eat and entertainment.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augusto29556 View Post

Florence's population is bigger than Myrtle Beach's population (year-round).

Florence's population 37,326.

Conway's population 18,688

Myrtle Beach's population 28,292

You can do a search on google to verify the population for each city that is listed and it happens to be current.

Myrtle Beach's metro area (behind only Greenville, Columbia, Charleston) is nearly twice that of Florence which is what really matters. Cities like Boston, Atlanta, Seattle, Orlando, etc have relatively small city proper populations but their metro populations are in the millions.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
@augusto

Good points, I didn't know Florence had a bigger population than Mrtyle Beach. That surprised me.

I did know Florence and Pee Dee had better employers and generally an easier place to find a decent paying job than MB.

The reason I think Florence should have a forum is it will help put it on people's radars who are not familiar with it.

It is also the only major SC city along I-95 and it is the "capital" city of the northeast part of the state with people from the surround cities coming into town all the time to shop and eat and entertainment.
I couldn't agree with you more! Not only that we are attracting employers to come to invest in Florence, we will soon will have a branch campus of the USC medical school that could be a potential boost for our area.

I like the pace of Florence and to be quite honest, I do not want for it to be another "Charleston," "Greenville," or "Columbia."

Now that you have mentioned I-95, I do at times see plenty of out of state tags that travel through Florence majority of it either from Virginia, Florida, or New York.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Myrtle Beach's metro area (behind only Greenville, Columbia, Charleston) is nearly twice that of Florence which is what really matters. Cities like Boston, Atlanta, Seattle, Orlando, etc have relatively small city proper populations but their metro populations are in the millions.

Granted, Myrtle Beach metro is bigger. At the same time, how many of those individuals live in the Myrtle Beach metro year round, let alone Myrtle Beach.

The population figures that I have obtained is based from an individual city rather than a metro area.

The major cities that you listed are astronomical in term of its population. Even though I do not have any experience in living or visiting those areas, I bet it is pretty expensive unless you live in the suburbs.

Old 01-06-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augusto29556 View Post
Granted, Myrtle Beach metro is bigger. At the same time, how many of those individuals live in the Myrtle Beach metro year round, let alone Myrtle Beach.

The population figures that I have obtained is based from an individual city rather than a metro area.

Nearly 400,000 thousand opposed to a little over 200,000 for Florence. There are a lot places surrounding Myrtle Beach like Carolina Forest, Forestbrook, Socastee, River Oaks, etc that are unincorporated areas with Myrtle Beach addresses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina