U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 01:21 PM

2,011 posts, read 2,090,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis. View Post
lol you are so dumb and gullible. You really believe I PM'ed this guy? .

This is your 5th post on this thread in which you did not comment on the subject matter. Why aren't you getting banned for that? You are clearly breaking the terms of posting on here with off subject posts which are about personallly attacking me.
This post alone makes me think that you did PM the CDC guy: why else would you be so defensive?
OT: It will take awhile but I can see it happening lots of free money and maybe it will get rid of our issues with the harder drugs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 01:28 PM

467 posts, read 457,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
This post alone makes me think that you did PM the CDC guy: why else would you be so defensive?
OT: It will take awhile but I can see it happening lots of free money and maybe it will get rid of our issues with the harder drugs
it was obvious he was making that up. You aren't very perceptive. He was calling me a liberal and everybody understand that I'm not a liberal. You believe that too?

Here is an interesting article on the wacky weed:

The typical cannabis cigarette “increases the smoker’s risk of developing lung cancer by 20 times the amount of one tobacco cigarette,” says the British Lung Foundation, which published a review of medical research in 2012.
Marijuana ingestion harms short-term memory and makes it difficult to learn and retain information or perform complex tasks. It slows reaction time and reduces motor coordination. Prolonged use is “associated with lower test scores and lower educational attainment because during periods of intoxication the drug affects the ability to learn and process information, thus influencing attention, concentration, and short-term memory,” said researchers M.T. Lynskey and W. D. Hall.
One reason commonly given for decriminalizing marijuana is to free up law enforcement to focus on serious crime and to reduce the number of minor possession cases clogging the court system. Pot smokers are not criminals, the thinking goes.
The argument is naïve. The National Research Council has found that the long-term marijuana use can alter the nervous system in ways that promote violence. Further, legalizing drugs doesn’t end illegal activity connected with drug trade. Consider Amsterdam where coffee houses selling marijuana are commonplace. The city has been plagued by drug trafficking, drug tourism and street crime.
Support for legalizing marijuana has risen 11 points since 2010, a stunning increase that can only be attributed to propaganda. This is why policymakers must resist the urge to do the popular thing. Society can’t in good conscience deem cigarette smoking a top public health hazard and simultaneously embrace marijuana smoking.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:31 PM

to me it is interesting that we will rant about the negative impacts of smoking cigs but many of the same people will advocate legalizing weed and while doing so say it is a clean drug that isn't addictive. It is has been publishing the truth about the negative effects of smoking cigs that has been effective in getting young people not to do it over the years. Big Weed has somehow avoided the same kind of scrutiny.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:18 PM

23 posts, read 23,132 times
Antitumor Effects
One study in mice and rats suggested that cannabinoids may have a protective effect against the development of certain types of tumors.[3] During this 2-year study, groups of mice and rats were given various doses of THC by gavage. A dose-related decrease in the incidence of hepatic adenoma tumors and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) was observed in the mice. Decreased incidences of benign tumors (polyps and adenomas) in other organs (mammary gland, uterus, pituitary, testis, and pancreas) were also noted in the rats. In another study, delta-9-THC, delta-8-THC, and cannabinol were found to inhibit the growth of Lewis lung adenocarcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo .[4] In addition, other tumors have been shown to be sensitive to cannabinoid-induced growth inhibition. Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute

Resp Tech guy is right. Cannabis does not have to be smoked. Real scientific evidence is pointing to the fact that cannabinoids, particularly cannabidiol may induce apoptosis of tumor cells. You state that cannabis has no medical benefit, there was a special on CNN not too long ago with Sanjay Gupta, a neurosurgeon. There was one example of a young girl, the child of a Spec Ops soldier, with severe seizures that were significantly hindering her development and basically killing her. High cannabidiol strains have saved her life. This is just one example, I hope you never have to go through chemo where something relatively safe and non toxic will allow you to hold down dinner.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamsomewhatpsychic View Post
Antitumor Effects
One study in mice and rats suggested that cannabinoids may have a protective effect against the development of certain types of tumors.[3] During this 2-year study, groups of mice and rats were given various doses of THC by gavage. A dose-related decrease in the incidence of hepatic adenoma tumors and hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) was observed in the mice. Decreased incidences of benign tumors (polyps and adenomas) in other organs (mammary gland, uterus, pituitary, testis, and pancreas) were also noted in the rats. In another study, delta-9-THC, delta-8-THC, and cannabinol were found to inhibit the growth of Lewis lung adenocarcinoma cells in vitro and in vivo .[4] In addition, other tumors have been shown to be sensitive to cannabinoid-induced growth inhibition. Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute

Resp Tech guy is right. Cannabis does not have to be smoked. Real scientific evidence is pointing to the fact that cannabinoids, particularly cannabidiol may induce apoptosis of tumor cells. You state that cannabis has no medical benefit, there was a special on CNN not too long ago with Sanjay Gupta, a neurosurgeon. There was one example of a young girl, the child of a Spec Ops soldier, with severe seizures that were significantly hindering her development and basically killing her. High cannabidiol strains have saved her life. This is just one example, I hope you never have to go through chemo where something relatively safe and non toxic will allow you to hold down dinner.
I have gone thru chemo, that is why I'm against pot which I think is a huge cancer risk.

This might be even worse though, for a daily living standpoint:

"What about lung problems, will it cause lung disease? The association between tobacco smoking and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) HAS been established. Longterm pot smoking is associated with many symptoms of obstructive pulmonary disease: airflow obstruction, chronic cough, bronchitis, and decreased exercise tolerance. Regular smokers of three to four marijuana cigarettes per day experience cough, wheeze, and sputum production and exhibit abnormalities in the lungs equivalent to those who smoke approximately 20 tobacco cigarettes per day."

Old 01-05-2014, 02:37 PM

23 posts, read 23,132 times
Quote:
I have gone thru chemo, that is why I'm against pot which I think is a huge cancer risk.

This might be even worse though, for a daily living standpoint:

"What about lung problems, will it cause lung disease? The association between tobacco smoking and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) HAS been established. Longterm pot smoking is associated with many symptoms of obstructive pulmonary disease: airflow obstruction, chronic cough, bronchitis, and decreased exercise tolerance. Regular smokers of three to four marijuana cigarettes per day experience cough, wheeze, and sputum production and exhibit abnormalities in the lungs equivalent to those who smoke approximately 20 tobacco cigarettes per day."
Cannabis and Cannabinoids
Because cannabinoid receptors, unlike opioid receptors, are not located in the brainstem areas controlling respiration, lethal overdoses from Cannabis and cannabinoids do not occur.[1-4] However, cannabinoid receptors are present in other tissues throughout the body, not just in the central nervous system, and adverse effects include tachycardia, hypotension, conjunctival injection, bronchodilation, muscle relaxation, and decreased gastrointestinal motility.
Although cannabinoids are considered by some to be addictive drugs, their addictive potential is considerably lower than that of other prescribed agents or substances of abuse.[4] The brain develops a tolerance to cannabinoids.
Withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, insomnia with sleep electroencephalogram disturbance, restlessness, hot flashes, and, rarely, nausea and cramping have been observed. However, these symptoms appear to be mild compared with withdrawal symptoms associated with opiates or benzodiazepines, and the symptoms usually dissipate after a few days.
Unlike other commonly used drugs, cannabinoids are stored in adipose tissue and excreted at a low rate (half-life 1–3 days), so even abrupt cessation of cannabinoid intake is not associated with rapid declines in plasma concentrations that would precipitate severe or abrupt withdrawal symptoms or drug cravings.
Since Cannabis smoke contains many of the same components as tobacco smoke, there are valid concerns about the adverse pulmonary effects of smoked Cannabis. A longitudinal study in a noncancer population evaluated repeated measurements of pulmonary function over 20 years in 5,115 men and women whose smoking histories were known.[5] While tobacco exposure was associated with decreased pulmonary function, the investigators concluded that occasional and low-cumulative Cannabis use was not associated with adverse effects on pulmonary function (forced expiratory volume in the first second of expiration [FEV1] and forced vital capacity [FVC])Cannabis and Cannabinoids (PDQ®) - National Cancer Institute

Old 01-05-2014, 02:43 PM

lol that just isn't believable. some of these "physicians" are frauds.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:01 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,006,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
He did PM me, and yes, he's getting very defensive about it. He thinks Im a liberal/Democrat, and I guess he thought with a PM he could explain what he is doing, and get me to go along with it.

In summary, he said I should create a new profile, and "Pose as a really dumb conservative" to help make the left look better. He said he is on staff of a Democrat campaign staff, and they use online forums that have SC interests to push this around the state because they think there are a lot of independents here who vote Republican just out of habit, but if they can smear the GOP image then they can pull them Democrat.

Anyway, I thought it was ridiculous that his staff would even try this, and I'm outing him.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:04 PM

Quote:
it was obvious he was making that up. You aren't very perceptive. He was calling me a liberal and everybody understand that I'm not a liberal. You believe that too?

Dude, you got outted. Its a dumb strategy anyway, how many voters does your staff think you'll sway by posing in online forums? No wonder the GOP dominates this state, with people like you working for the Democrats haha.

You are from Florence. What Democrat rep are you working for? Isn't Sheheen from somewhere around there?

Old 01-05-2014, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Forward that PM to a Mod. If you can't forward it copy and paste the contents in a new message.
Haha, ok, but I want to have some fun with him first. He's in panic-mode about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or