U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 06:18 PM

3,131 posts, read 3,113,097 times

Advertisements

Well look what the GOP controlled House just did...

House votes to block feds from targeting medical marijuana in states where it's legal | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2014, 09:06 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,003,981 times
GOOD for the GOP. Finally, the actually did something that is pro-FREEDOM, like they talk about.

Its a plant, no more harmful than tobacco or alcohol. No need for people to be in prison, or cops get hurt, to keep this plant illegal.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:43 PM

3,518 posts, read 4,385,838 times
Regular smoking of weed makes you dumb as **** and unmotivated. I know this from first hand experience. I am perfectly fine with not legalizing it, yet, I am libertarian and want people to decide for themselves. So I am torn, yet happy no matter what the circumstance. If I had to choose, let people decide their fate for themselves. What I fear the most is that people feel it has no negatives. It does. It makes you a f****ng d****ss, whether you realize it or not. If you think it has no side effects, most likely, you are too dumb to realize.

Old 05-30-2014, 09:50 PM

2,009 posts, read 2,086,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Regular smoking of weed makes you dumb as **** and unmotivated. I know this from first hand experience. I am perfectly fine with not legalizing it, yet, I am libertarian and want people to decide for themselves. So I am torn, yet happy no matter what the circumstance. If I had to choose, let people decide their fate for themselves. What I fear the most is that people feel it has no negatives. It does. It makes you a f****ng d****ss, whether you realize it or not. If you think it has no side effects, most likely, you are too dumb to realize.
Essentially this is true Weed makes the body calmer, which in itself isn't dangerous, prolonged usage, however, is basically like being on a heavy dose of Ritalin all the time.

Old 05-31-2014, 04:15 AM

404 posts, read 719,352 times
It affects people differently, just like alcohol or tobacco. Some people it motivates, some people it makes lazy. There is a middle ground, between not smoking and smoking like a chimney.

Old 05-31-2014, 06:06 AM

You mean like drinking alcohol? Or excessive drinking of sugary sodas?

There will always be people that take something to an unhealthy extreme. The question is do you penalize the majority due to the minority?

Old 05-31-2014, 07:21 AM

8,843 posts, read 7,634,975 times
[quote=IsNull;35030121]You mean like drinking alcohol?

quote]

I will drink to that.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
You mean like drinking alcohol?
I will drink to that.
I see what you did there...

Old 05-31-2014, 12:04 PM

418 posts, read 400,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post

I personally don't smoke. Tried it once and didn't like the paranoid feeling I had, but I know quite a few people that regularly do. They run the gamut from your stereotypical lazy pothead to highly successful business owners, lawyers, doctors, etc. When I was in college my roommate sold weed and many of his clients were people you would have never guessed.

Old 05-31-2014, 05:03 PM

1,369 posts, read 1,256,285 times
Many news websites I looked only have records to 2012 so you probably won't find it.

So is there a reason weed should not be legalized?

Last edited by Marka; 06-01-2014 at 01:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or