U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 08:37 AM

93 posts, read 83,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Matt,
In one post, you say that the Tea Party is so unpopular and then a few posts later, you say that Nikki Haley won because of Sarah Palins support; y'know, the Sarah Palin that is probably the most famous woman in the Tea Party movement. You keep bringing up the redefinition of marriage to include homosexual marriage, but then you say Christians should leave their religion at home. So.....gays should include their sexuality in the way that they vote, but Christians shouldn't use our beliefs when we vote? You're so inconsistent in everything, I think you're just young and your Marxist college professors made too much of an impression on you. The Liberal philosophy is rooted in hopelessness, misery, jealousy and despair; it's a terrible way to live. Question liberal authority, you'll be the better for it. Say No to a HUGE government industrial complex and YES to freedom and liberty. Power to the People!
Sophia, well said. I like the way you think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 08:43 AM

3,180 posts, read 2,669,886 times
I wish Nikki Haley was MY Governor. My Governor (Cuomo) doesn't think anyone who is pro-life or supportive of our 2nd Amendment belongs in NY.

Old 02-09-2014, 01:52 PM

93 posts, read 83,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
On Interstate 85 every morning there are giant gashes in the asphalt, right in the middle of the highway, just a few miles north of the 385 interchange. I have to swerve around them. They are on both sides, going north and south. It's embarrassing.

Woodruff Road traffic is so atrocious and in need of redesign that everyone has gotten tired of complaining.
I just road up 85 from 385 to Pelham Road. I didn't notice the big gashes. It was a little rough in some areas, mostly the center lane and probably need to be repaved in the next year or so but it wasn't beating my car to death. The right lane was fine.

I don't think this is proof that SC roads are "crumbling" as that negative tax Nazi said.

I see people complaining about Woodruff road all the time on here...nobody is tired of complaining. lol

Old 02-09-2014, 02:40 PM

5,639 posts, read 5,592,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I wish Nikki Haley was MY Governor. My Governor (Cuomo) doesn't think anyone who is pro-life or supportive of our 2nd Amendment belongs in NY.
Cuomo and DiBlassi proving key again that liberal tolerance is America's greatest oxymoron

Old 02-10-2014, 12:22 AM

1,283 posts, read 2,649,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Matt,
In one post, you say that the Tea Party is so unpopular and then a few posts later, you say that Nikki Haley won because of Sarah Palins support; y'know, the Sarah Palin that is probably the most famous woman in the Tea Party movement. You keep bringing up the redefinition of marriage to include homosexual marriage, but then you say Christians should leave their religion at home. So.....gays should include their sexuality in the way that they vote, but Christians shouldn't use our beliefs when we vote? You're so inconsistent in everything, I think you're just young and your Marxist college professors made too much of an impression on you. The Liberal philosophy is rooted in hopelessness, misery, jealousy and despair; it's a terrible way to live. Question liberal authority, you'll be the better for it. Say No to a HUGE government industrial complex and YES to freedom and liberty. Power to the People!

Having been involved in the TPM here in SC, from its inception, I'd have to say that a lot of TP folks were not happy with Palin's and Haley's "glomming-on" to the movement. I got out of it as soon as Haley hitched her wagon to it, and IIRC it was at the rally in Columbia on 4th of July of '09. I was standing near to Haley, and needless to say I go the look of death from her, despite the fact that I was (key word here is "was") one of the most active TPM folks within the state.

Like any, ahem, good politician they're opportunists. I wouldn't trust either of them, although I'm kinda neutral on Haley re: her performance as governor. Neither of them represent true constitutionalists and fiscal conservatives.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:00 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,896,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoarke View Post
Having been involved in the TPM here in SC, from its inception, I'd have to say that a lot of TP folks were not happy with Palin's and Haley's "glomming-on" to the movement. I got out of it as soon as Haley hitched her wagon to it, and IIRC it was at the rally in Columbia on 4th of July of '09. I was standing near to Haley, and needless to say I go the look of death from her, despite the fact that I was (key word here is "was") one of the most active TPM folks within the state.

Like any, ahem, good politician they're opportunists. I wouldn't trust either of them, although I'm kinda neutral on Haley re: her performance as governor. Neither of them represent true constitutionalists and fiscal conservatives.
Thats why I stopped arguing with those two fools above. They cant hardly acknowledge anything outside of their exact beliefs and what they do see outside of it is grouped into one single mindset only. Thus I chose mot to engage in people who revoke the validation of their own argument.

Im not liberal, at least not fiscally.
Im not a Democrat, Ive voted for Republican, Democrat, and third party candidates.
I dont believe the rich should be the only ones paying taxes, I just dont think the income gap should be the way it is.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:23 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,004,597 times
Now Nikki Haley is supporting Spartanburg Republican Lee Brights proposed bill that would allow completely open carry of guns. NO training, NO permit, NO background check, NO concealment.

Literally just strap your six shooter on your waist, open for the public, stroll around the streets with it....without having a single minute of training, without any kind of background check, no permit.

Thanks Republicans. You're taking South Carolina back to the 1800's.

And the way the DOT and road/highway management is going....our roads may get back to 1800's status before our gun laws do.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:05 PM

124 posts, read 102,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Now Nikki Haley is supporting Spartanburg Republican Lee Brights proposed bill that would allow completely open carry of guns. NO training, NO permit, NO background check, NO concealment.

Literally just strap your six shooter on your waist, open for the public, stroll around the streets with it....without having a single minute of training, without any kind of background check, no permit.

Thanks Republicans. You're taking South Carolina back to the 1800's.

And the way the DOT and road/highway management is going....our roads may get back to 1800's status before our gun laws do.
There is still a background check.

Training is still required, only the 8 hour requirement has been eliminated, the training can be more or less than 8 hours depending on the skill of the person who owns the gun. People like vets can give documented proof of their training.

If you are going to engage in political propaganda on here, at least study the issue a little bit.

If you don't like the roads in SC, donate some of your money to the DOT. Put your money where your mouth is.

Old 02-12-2014, 09:08 PM

124 posts, read 102,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Thats why I stopped arguing with those two fools above. They cant hardly acknowledge anything outside of their exact beliefs and what they do see outside of it is grouped into one single mindset only. Thus I chose mot to engage in people who revoke the validation of their own argument.

Im not liberal, at least not fiscally.
Im not a Democrat, Ive voted for Republican, Democrat, and third party candidates.
I dont believe the rich should be the only ones paying taxes, I just dont think the income gap should be the way it is.
How do the rich control what other people are paid? What is the solution to the income gap? Government doing something, right? Passing a new law? If you think so, you are a liberal Democrat.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:18 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,896,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstone View Post
How do the rich control what other people are paid? What is the solution to the income gap? Government doing something, right? Passing a new law? If you think so, you are a liberal Democrat.
I think you need to look up what the actual definition of a liberal is. Also you should clearly know that a Democrat is someone who votes consistantly for that party. Im guessing youre a NEOCON tea bagger republican. They seem to display signs of reduced intelligence which include aggression as to avoid responding, avoiding the point of the argument, or circling around the same point .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina