U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2014, 06:44 AM

124 posts, read 102,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
I think you need to look up what the actual definition of a liberal is. Also you should clearly know that a Democrat is someone who votes consistantly for that party. Im guessing youre a NEOCON tea bagger republican. They seem to display signs of reduced intelligence which include aggression as to avoid responding, avoiding the point of the argument, or circling around the same point .
Ok I don't care what you are. Anybody who says stuff like neo con and teabagger is on the left. You started a thread complaining about Haley. I made a logical conclusion. You just don't want to be accurately labelled for some weird reason.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2014, 07:16 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,896,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstone View Post
Ok I don't care what you are. Anybody who says stuff like neo con and teabagger is on the left. You started a thread complaining about Haley. I made a logical conclusion. You just don't want to be accurately labelled for some weird reason.
No i dont like being mislabeled. Im not an Obama fan or a liberal democrat. On the same page I dont hate him or all his policies. I fall somewhere in the middle. Tell me can u see a gray area or are you also stuck in black or white?

Old 02-13-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
No i dont like being mislabeled. Im not an Obama fan or a liberal democrat. On the same page I dont hate him or all his policies. I fall somewhere in the middle. Tell me can u see a gray area or are you also stuck in black or white?
All libs run away from the label, and say they fall in the middle. My opinion is you are trying to be shifty or you lack the courage of your convictions.

You are using the rhetoric of leftwingers like Bill Maher with "teabagger" and "neo-con" . Moderates by definition don't use shrill rhetoric like that.

Tea Party is just conservatives against high taxes, excessive government spending and borrowing, and Obamacare. You can demonize that all you want but they are right on the issues.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
All libs run away from the label, and say they fall in the middle. My opinion is you are trying to be shifty or you lack the courage of your convictions.

You are using the rhetoric of leftwingers like Bill Maher with "teabagger" and "neo-con" . Moderates by definition don't use shrill rhetoric like that.

Tea Party is just conservatives against high taxes, excessive government spending and borrowing, and Obamacare. You can demonize that all you want but they are right on the issues.
Ive never shyed away from mine. Id dare u to find a post that shows otherwise.

And im really not concerned with what Bill Maher does. I dont care for him much either.

Those are good things to stand for, put thats rather inaccurate. The TP is only against government spending when it comes to things they dont like. Widen a road to 20 lanes or build a multihundred million dollar stadium for a major sports team? Theyll rip that checkbook out quicker than the Flash. And theyre not just against high taxes, theyre against most taxes. Oh but funny thing is they want to make those who already barely scrap by to pay more. Makes them feel superior I think. And Obamacare I can certainly agree about. It does need to be repealed! But not before Republicans can offer a much better solution without all the downfalls.

Old 02-13-2014, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Ive never shyed away from mine. Id dare u to find a post that shows otherwise.

And im really not concerned with what Bill Maher does. I dont care for him much either.

Those are good things to stand for, put thats rather inaccurate. The TP is only against government spending when it comes to things they dont like. Widen a road to 20 lanes or build a multihundred million dollar stadium for a major sports team? Theyll rip that checkbook out quicker than the Flash. And theyre not just against high taxes, theyre against most taxes. Oh but funny thing is they want to make those who already barely scrap by to pay more. Makes them feel superior I think. And Obamacare I can certainly agree about. It does need to be repealed! But not before Republicans can offer a much better solution without all the downfalls.
Yeah TP stands for more money for major sports team. You just make things up, meanwhile your guys support throwing money at "green" energy companies that end up going bankrupt anyway and mass transit like Amtrak.

The solution to Obamacare is people can keep their plans and doctors thru their companies, and the self insured dpn't have to pay a fine if they don't get an insurance plan. Repealing O-Care is the best REpublican plan because it is a million times better than O Care.

Did the poor elect you to be their spokesperson? You just use them as your prop. The poor haven't done well under you guy's leadership the past 5 years.

Old 02-13-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Yeah TP stands for more money for major sports team. You just make things up, meanwhile your guys support throwing money at "green" energy companies that end up going bankrupt anyway and mass transit like Amtrak.

The solution to Obamacare is people can keep their plans and doctors thru their companies, and the self insured dpn't have to pay a fine if they don't get an insurance plan. Repealing O-Care is the best REpublican plan because it is a million times better than O Care.

Did the poor elect you to be their spokesperson? You just use them as your prop. The poor haven't done well under you guy's leadership the past 5 years.
Not really. Look up the Cobb county Braves deal. And without investing in green energy we wont have an environment left in a few centuries or less. And i like the fact you pointed out Amtrak as its a lot closer to being solvent than roads are...a lot and yet Republicans want to force it to compete privately against publicaly subsidized roads. Now whos cherry picking?

Ok that should be some of the aspects of a new plan but it doesnt need to just go back to the way it was. There needs to be a way to get all of the poor people who use the emergency rooms as primary care to see a personal doctor.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:07 PM

So say the green energy companies who have a finanicial stake in it. Reality is they are going bankruprt even after receiving huge tax payer funded subsidies and that is because they are not a viable energy solution.

Roads are one of the main things we pay taxes for. Everybody uses roads. It is one of the few government expenditures everybody benefits from.

Most people don't use trains.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:17 PM

Quote:
So say the green energy companies who have a finanicial stake in it. Reality is they are going bankruprt even after receiving huge tax payer funded subsidies and that is because they are not a viable energy solution.

Roads are one of the main things we pay taxes for. Everybody uses roads. It is one of the few government expenditures everybody benefits from.

Most people don't use trains.
Lol im not having the debate about transit versus roads here with you. This thread has been way side tracked. If you want to engage in that, go to the politics or urban planning forum and send me an invite.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Lol im not having the debate about transit versus roads here with you. This thread has been way side tracked. If you want to engage in that, go to the politics or urban planning forum and send me an invite.
lol well I thought the thread itself was a violation as it is political but you posted it in the city forum. That rule seems to get enforced selectively for some reason. lol

Old 02-19-2014, 07:55 PM

7,240 posts, read 3,004,534 times
Quote:
I want a more moderate, less partisan governor. Someone who can compromise when its for the better good of the state and its people. I guess you dont see how being too conservative is as bad as being too liberal.
Fence-sitting is a waste of time. Compromise gets you killed. How about moving back to New Jersey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina