U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 07:53 PM

5,639 posts, read 5,591,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattee01 View Post
Funny, Haley and the legislature seem like they've done leaps and bounds to oppress the people.
How so? Liberals believe that only big government can solve societal ills despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Why do you support a HUGE government industrial complex? I believe that YOU know what's best for you. Power to the People!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2014, 08:35 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,896,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
How so? Liberals believe that only big government can solve societal ills despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Why do you support a HUGE government industrial complex? I believe that YOU know what's best for you. Power to the People!
Um Mmm....

First no I don't support a huge government...

Not one that forces businesses to buy power when they could be self sufficent...
Not one that says what you can and can't do in your bedroom...
Not one that determines that a can't buybacks product at any given time...
Not one that bends over for employers while scewing employees...
Not one that refuses to help those without insurance while force feeding a massive military complex

Old 02-07-2014, 09:20 AM

93 posts, read 83,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvsteve View Post
On Interstate 85 every morning there are giant gashes in the asphalt, right in the middle of the highway, just a few miles north of the 385 interchange. I have to swerve around them. They are on both sides, going north and south. It's embarrassing.

Woodruff Road traffic is so atrocious and in need of redesign that everyone has gotten tired of complaining.
What can you do about Woodruff Road traffic? THat has more to do with the number of people in Greenville than the road itself,. IMO.

A few gashes in one road doesn't mean roads are crumbling all over SC. I can get from point a to point b just fine and my car is not taking a beating.

If you think there are no problem areas in roads in other states you must not travel much.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
The tea party.

A political movement that will never accomplish its goals because it's goals are to actually do the opposite of its goals.
The tea party is not in power in the federal government. Hard to accomplishment your goals if you arenot in power. Unless Obama is the tea party now.

If Haley was in DC, we would be spending less money, which is a tea party goal, which is what you complain about her doing in SC. She would also be trying to repeal this no good horrible unpopular Obamacare law which is a tea party goal.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Funny, Haley and the legislature seem like they've done leaps and bounds to oppress the people.
Yeah you are so oppressed by Haley. Somebody has a persecution complex.

Given you support Obama and his economy has been the worse since the great Depression, you have no crediblity. People aren't better off under Obama especially the poor and lower middle class. Not to mention him screwing over the majority of people with Obamacare

Old 02-07-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Um Mmm....

First no I don't support a huge government...

Not one that forces businesses to buy power when they could be self sufficent...
Not one that says what you can and can't do in your bedroom...
Not one that determines that a can't buybacks product at any given time...
Not one that bends over for employers while scewing employees...
Not one that refuses to help those without insurance while force feeding a massive military complex
Who is telling you what you can do in your bedroom. There is no ban on gay sex in SC. Nobody has proposed that they should be.

Being anti business doesn't help employees because you prevent employers from coming here. Employers aren't the enemy.

We could help people with their insurance for much less than what Obamacare is costing people. Ocare has resulted in the majority having their premiums doubled or even more, losing their plans and doctors, or even their jobs, all things Obama said would not happen over and over.

You support big government because you support unlimited government spending, high taxes, government run healthcare, and dracion environment regulations and taxes based on global warmming alarmism

Old 02-07-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Very true. But, makes you wonder, this story got exposed by investigative journalists (just google it).

How many other things have the people who dominate SC government (mostly Republicans and Tea Party types) done to us that screw the common man over on behalf of keeping money flowing to corporations?

Maybe that's common for all states. But why THIS one? Why cant we be the exception? Be better?

Nikki Haley and SC Republicans could bear the torch of change. True change, like telling lobbyists to screw off. But, they wont.

The Tea Party mantra is truly nonsense. They're the same wolf in new clothing.
This guy is obsessed with the Tea Party. Yeah Haley is screwing over the "common man" by only spending money that we have and supporting lower taxes. Because the common man wants to pay more taxes.

Looks like the "common man" has been screwed over by Obama. He's not tea party is he? You've got nothing to say about him.

Roads are not crumbling in SC.

Most people who complain about taxes being too low work for the government and make their living off of other people's taxes. It isn't about the common man, despite your populist rhetoric, it is about you.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gervais View Post
What can you do about Woodruff Road traffic? THat has more to do with the number of people in Greenville than the road itself,. IMO.

A few gashes in one road doesn't mean roads are crumbling all over SC. I can get from point a to point b just fine and my car is not taking a beating.

If you think there are no problem areas in roads in other states you must not travel much.
They could develop other modes of transportation to go down the road.

Old 02-07-2014, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Yeah you are so oppressed by Haley. Somebody has a persecution complex.

Given you support Obama and his economy has been the worse since the great Depression, you have no crediblity. People aren't better off under Obama especially the poor and lower middle class. Not to mention him screwing over the majority of people with Obamacare
I dont live there full time so no not really but I do know that her types focus more on less personal freedom.

Lol wrong. Can any of you mainstream republican types do anything except make assumptions like you know somebody?

Old 02-07-2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Who is telling you what you can do in your bedroom. There is no ban on gay sex in SC. Nobody has proposed that they should be.

Being anti business doesn't help employees because you prevent employers from coming here. Employers aren't the enemy.

We could help people with their insurance for much less than what Obamacare is costing people. Ocare has resulted in the majority having their premiums doubled or even more, losing their plans and doctors, or even their jobs, all things Obama said would not happen over and over.

You support big government because you support unlimited government spending, high taxes, government run healthcare, and dracion environment regulations and taxes based on global warmming alarmism
Then how come theres a state ban and constitutional amendment against gay marriage?

And south carolina isnt even amongst top ten states for business friendleness but im talking about how people canbe fired because they wore a blue shirt to work instead of a green one.

I dont doubt that, but the expansion in medicade would have helped us a lot more than hurt us...considering you gotta pay for it anyway. If someone told me I have to pay for something even if I dont need it, im going to take it.

Lol, you know nothing I stand for. I love how you can only see it as youre either with me or against me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina