Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2014, 12:00 AM

3,200 posts, read 4,588,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
You brought up a "one story steel frame building on 17". Hey *******, that's the Sofa Super Store where 9 brave firemen DIED. You aren't fooling anyone now, you said it, you own it now. Disrespecting the lives of fallen heroes to make an internet forum point. Disgusting. You went there, you own it.

And no, Charlotte FD isn't greater than Charleston. Neither is. Cops and firemen live a different life than you. A mere patch doesn't make one better or worse. Any of us would give our lives to help those guys and vice versa. It disgusts me that you would dare make another comment on this topic after your Sofa Super Store reference, but doesn't surprise me. Men like you have no shame and cannot relate to the lifestyle that men like those at Charlotte FD or PD live. You should thank them when you see them before retreating back to the safety of your cubicle.

You really read into things what you want to argue. How many steel framed buildings are on HWY17? The place is littered with strip centers. Would it have made sense to say steel buildings on I26? You are just looking for an argument since you thread has been shot.

Look, first, you have no idea where I work. Second, you have no idea what you are talking about. Quit trying got be a hero because you don't work in an office. If you have that attitude, you should not be in the FD.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:02 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,400,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
They should not have gone in that fire. It was a cowboy fire chief that believed "this is how we do things in Charleston, we are aggressive firefighters". Outside of knowing someone needed help in the building, they should have thrown up a couple of water towers and contained it. It was a tragedy that could have been prevented.

Of course, everyone knows more in Charleston according to the locals on this board.
Ah, two armchair "Captain Hindsight" boys. Go figure.

If you need to know.....intell said an employee may have been left inside. Intell was wrong, but the men went in before it was known that no one was in there. The Sofa Super Store back up to what was a dense residential area. Flames and wind would spread it.

But again, a spineless man like you wouldn't understand risking yourself for a stranger, and of course YOU know what they "should" have done more so than 30 year veterans of the job.

Now run along and get your CEO some coffee.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:05 AM

Quote:
You really read into things what you want to argue. How many steel framed buildings are on HWY17? The place is littered with strip centers. Would it have made sense to say steel buildings on I26? You are just looking for an argument since you thread has been shot.

Look, first, you have no idea where I work. Second, you have no idea what you are talking about. Quit trying got be a hero because you don't work in an office. If you have that attitude, you should not be in the FD.
Lets see. You are trying to rip on Charleston FD. So, you mention a "one story steel frame building on Hwy 17" which so happens to be exactly the structure that 9 fellow firemen died. Sorry you P.O.S., the cats out, you said it, you own it.

I never said I was a hero. You and "Billy" did. All the cops and firemen I know would NEVER describe themselves as that. Marines and Medal of Honor winners are heroes.

When you bring your CEO coffee and breakfast on Monday mornings....does he say thank you, or does he just have you leave it with his secretary?

Old 03-08-2014, 12:06 AM

Quote:
No, lets start with Academic Magnet HS, in Charleston, ranked the #10 best HS in the United States. What does Charlotte have to top it? Show me around Charlotte? I drove through. Seen all that I need to see. Banks. Bank offices. Strip malls. Mediocre women. No beaches. No mountains. NASCAR stuff everywhere.

Sure, there are plenty of people who live in Charleston that work in a cubicle. Its the price they pay to live in one of the top destination cities in the world. But in Charlotte? Well.....not sure why you'd put yourself through that to live there. Other than to just save money for a dream vacation...maybe to Charleston.

BTW, you can stop trying to hard to get people in SC to take you seriously. I never will. People who disrespect dead firemen disgust me. You are one of the tiny % of the population that would stoop so low. So, you could be from Charlotte, or Baghdad, I'd never take you seriously.
Wow, you call the city of Charlotte rednecks and then start preaching. What does Charlotte have to top a HS in Charleston, pick a school.

Top destination city in the world? Charlotte has 4x the number of annual visitors, seems like your statement does not add up to the math, why?

NASCAT Stuff everywhere, have you been to Charlotte? Mediocre women, you are delusional.

Anyway, go back to your dream world of buying season tickets for the Charleston NFL team.

As for the firemen, the fact that you keep brining it up is telling. You are using those men as a way to "win" an argument on the internet. And, you are a fireman, that is pathetic. You should find another job if you are using that situation to try and paint someone on the internet as the bad cop by using that situation. Again, that is pathetic.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyd View Post
The best city to live in is the one where you have a job. Living in Orangeburg would be better than living in a city where you had no job or a job that paid a lot less.
That's 100% true.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Ah, two armchair "Captain Hindsight" boys. Go figure.

If you need to know.....intell said an employee may have been left inside. Intell was wrong, but the men went in before it was known that no one was in there. The Sofa Super Store back up to what was a dense residential area. Flames and wind would spread it.

But again, a spineless man like you wouldn't understand risking yourself for a stranger, and of course YOU know what they "should" have done more so than 30 year veterans of the job.

Now run along and get your CEO some coffee.
No, it was shown later that the men never should have gone into the building. The fire chief lost his job because of his cowboy mentality of "we have done it this way in Charleston for years, it is different here". The equipment was substandard as well. Containing that fire with multiple towers and pumpers on the ground would have worked.

And, quit attacking people. That is not necessary on this board. Does that make you feel better?

Old 03-08-2014, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Wow, you call the city of Charlotte rednecks and then start preaching. What does Charlotte have to top a HS in Charleston, pick a school.

Top destination city in the world? Charlotte has 4x the number of annual visitors, seems like your statement does not add up to the math, why?

NASCAT Stuff everywhere, have you been to Charlotte? Mediocre women, you are delusional.

Anyway, go back to your dream world of buying season tickets for the Charleston NFL team.

As for the firemen, the fact that you keep brining it up is telling. You are using those men as a way to "win" an argument on the internet. And, you are a fireman, that is pathetic. You should find another job if you are using that situation to try and paint someone on the internet as the bad cop by using that situation. Again, that is pathetic.
Hmmm. US News must have missed all the Charlotte schools then, since not a single one was in their national top 10. How could Charlotte have all these schools worthy of national top 10 status, but they all got overlooked, while little ole Charleston got a top 10 school, and two gold medal schools, yet Charlotte got none?

Hey, don't ask me, Conde Nast ranked Charleston the #1 city in the world: Charleston named Top City in the World by Conde Nast - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

Charleston has been consistently listed among the top destination cities in the US for a couple decades now.

You'll find Charleston at or near the top of a LOT of desirable lists to be on.

Yes, mediocre women. Spend some time in Charleston, its the theory of relativity.

And yes, when a spineless man like you makes a comment that disrespects the bravery of fallen firemen, I wont let it go. You own it. I didn't bring it up. You did. Now you own it.

Old 03-08-2014, 12:15 AM

Quote:
No, it was shown later that the men never should have gone into the building. The fire chief lost his job because of his cowboy mentality of "we have done it this way in Charleston for years, it is different here". The equipment was substandard as well. Containing that fire with multiple towers and pumpers on the ground would have worked.

And, quit attacking people. That is not necessary on this board. Does that make you feel better?
You read that in the media, right? I'll stop with that

Old 03-08-2014, 12:19 AM

Quote:
You read that in the media, right? I'll stop with that
no

Old 03-08-2014, 12:21 AM

Its past my bedtime.

But, I'm not done with ya GSP. I'm gonna figure out when and how this complex you have about Charleston started.

Was it a girl? A job? Not sure yet. You are so obsessed with this city which you've never lived in. There is a reason. I'll figure it out. Why not Atlanta? Atlanta is a city that is superior to Charlotte in...well, every way possible really. But you don't seem to care.

Greenville? Ha. I'd take half my salary to live in Greenville before I'd take the full pay to be in Charlotte, it has everything that is good about Charlotte....without all the stuff that's bad about Charlotte. Columbia? Best of both worlds- mountains and beaches an hour away, great SEC football to watch, plenty of jobs. Heck, even Raleigh...you guys are the biggest city, but, they wont let you be the NC capital.

But oh no. Your obsession isnt' with any of those cities. Its with Charleston.

Theres a reason. I'll figure it out, just wont be tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina