U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2014, 11:23 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,006,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
no
Yes, you did. You either read that official story, or, you work for CFD. Only two ways to know the story. See my past post.

I'll figure out your obsession with Charleston. A girl? A job? A boss? Not sure.

So many other, closer cities that have plenty of reason for you to be envious of- Greenville, Columbia, Raleigh, Atlanta........all have clear arguments of why one would want to live there and not Charlotte.

But no. You are focused on Charleston. I'll figure it out eventually.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:25 PM

3,200 posts, read 3,894,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Hmmm. US News must have missed all the Charlotte schools then, since not a single one was in their national top 10. How could Charlotte have all these schools worthy of national top 10 status, but they all got overlooked, while little ole Charleston got a top 10 school, and two gold medal schools, yet Charlotte got none?

Hey, don't ask me, Conde Nast ranked Charleston the #1 city in the world: Charleston named Top City in the World by Conde Nast - WCIV-TV | ABC News 4 - Charleston News, Sports, Weather

Charleston has been consistently listed among the top destination cities in the US for a couple decades now.

You'll find Charleston at or near the top of a LOT of desirable lists to be on.

Yes, mediocre women. Spend some time in Charleston, its the theory of relativity.

And yes, when a spineless man like you makes a comment that disrespects the bravery of fallen firemen, I wont let it go. You own it. I didn't bring it up. You did. Now you own it.
Quit this "you own it" crap, this is not third shift at a steel factory. Hwy 17 is built out with steel framed buildings, it is urban sprawl at its best. You are just trying to be the hero guy.

Oh yea, the magazine rankings. How could we forget? So, it is ranked #1 and Charlotte gets more annual visitors, how can that be? Charleston is on these lists and yet gets dwarfed by Charlotte and a lot of other cities in growth, wealth, education, quality of jobs, etc.....Charleston is a government/tourist town. I will take Charlotte's job picture any day of the week....let's see, a room full of high impact professional traders or working at a restaurant on Bay St?

Like I said, I don't put much into magazine rankings, especially when schools are concerned. If you believe them, go for it.

Calling people names on the internet is about as pathetic as you can get. If you can't discuss issues without an attitude, try something else.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Yes, you did. You either read that official story, or, you work for CFD. Only two ways to know the story. See my past post.

I'll figure out your obsession with Charleston. A girl? A job? A boss? Not sure.

So many other, closer cities that have plenty of reason for you to be envious of- Greenville, Columbia, Raleigh, Atlanta........all have clear arguments of why one would want to live there and not Charlotte.

But no. You are focused on Charleston. I'll figure it out eventually.
I think you need to figure out what you think first, you are all over the board.

As for the story, keep guessing, maybe it is CFD, maybe not.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:56 AM

3,518 posts, read 4,391,110 times
Quote:
Quit this "you own it" crap, this is not third shift at a steel factory. Hwy 17 is built out with steel framed buildings, it is urban sprawl at its best. You are just trying to be the hero guy.

Oh yea, the magazine rankings. How could we forget? So, it is ranked #1 and Charlotte gets more annual visitors, how can that be? Charleston is on these lists and yet gets dwarfed by Charlotte and a lot of other cities in growth, wealth, education, quality of jobs, etc.....Charleston is a government/tourist town. I will take Charlotte's job picture any day of the week....let's see, a room full of high impact professional traders or working at a restaurant on Bay St?

Like I said, I don't put much into magazine rankings, especially when schools are concerned. If you believe them, go for it.

Calling people names on the internet is about as pathetic as you can get. If you can't discuss issues without an attitude, try something else.
It is not just a "magazine ranking", it's a poll. It's a poll of public opinion. Oh you have visitors? Nice. We have a city that people like going to more. Accept it. The forum is growing quite sick of your jealousy.

Old 03-08-2014, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
It is not just a "magazine ranking", it's a poll. It's a poll of public opinion. Oh you have visitors? Nice. We have a city that people like going to more. Accept it. The forum is growing quite sick of your jealousy.
In spite of more people visiting Charlotte, I agree folks want to visit the beach. Ok, so a magazine "poll", that's a huge difference. That sure makes it legit.

As for jealousy, funny. I chose to live in Charlotte and would make the same decision all over again. Not once did I consider Charleston. As others have said, I have no problem with the city. It's the childish "charleston is everything better" crap that gets old, I think it was you that said Charleston is selective on who moves in, that's funny. And, when shown that other cities like Columbia, Greenville, Charlotte, Raleigh, Atlanta etc. all have very positive developments some of which exceed Charleston, y'all resort to name calling and claim people are jealous. You guys need to get a grip and keep things in perspective.

Old 03-08-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
In spite of more people visiting Charlotte, I agree folks want to visit the beach. Ok, so a magazine "poll", that's a huge difference. That sure makes it legit.

As for jealousy, funny. I chose to live in Charlotte and would make the same decision all over again. Not once did I consider Charleston. As others have said, I have no problem with the city. It's the childish "charleston is everything better" crap that gets old, I think it was you that said Charleston is selective on who moves in, that's funny. And, when shown that other cities like Columbia, Greenville, Charlotte, Raleigh, Atlanta etc. all have very positive developments some of which exceed Charleston, y'all resort to name calling and claim people are jealous. You guys need to get a grip and keep things in perspective.
Find any other poll you want, hell, take one yourself; you'll get the same result. Also, te selectiveness is based on supply and demand and isn't particular to Charleston. Perhaps read up on that and perhaps some self help books on denial and depression.

There is no need for us to keep things in perspective since we already live in paradise!

Old 03-08-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyd View Post
wonders of unions
hahaha

It is a wonderment to see people who barely graduated high school get paid that much. Thanks unions!

Old 03-08-2014, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
Find any other poll you want, hell, take one yourself; you'll get the same result. Also, te selectiveness is based on supply and demand and isn't particular to Charleston. Perhaps read up on that and perhaps some self help books on denial and depression.

There is no need for us to keep things in perspective since we already live in paradise!
I don't need a poll to tell me where I want to live. And others agree, Charlotte has been a top relocation spot for decades, people are voting with their feet/money and Charlotte is growing faster than Charleston. That tells me that people want to live here and are willing to pay for it which means more than any magazine poll.

As for delusional, based on the fact that you said you wanted to shoot up a school, don't think I will pay too much attention to what you say.

Brian, I wanted to move to Chaotte and it worked out. If pay was the same with the same position, I would not leave Charlotte for Charleston, not even close.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:06 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,006,089 times
Quote:

I haven't seen the Charlotte "tourist" numbers. Im sure lots of people go there.....many probably HAVE to for work reasons. Kinda a "have to go there (Charlotte)" vs "want to go there (Charleston)" situation. Other than to see an NFL or NBA game, I cant think of 1 reason to go to Charlotte instead of Greenville, Columbia or Atlanta. I love Atlanta. Has everything Charlotte has....just a lot more and a lot better.

But, I've been thinking. And I think I've almost put my finger on what caused your complex with Charleston.

Old 03-08-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I don't need a poll to tell me where I want to live. And others agree, Charlotte has been a top relocation spot for decades, people are voting with their feet/money and Charlotte is growing faster than Charleston. That tells me that people want to live here and are willing to pay for it which means more than any magazine poll.

As for delusional, based on the fact that you said you wanted to shoot up a school, don't think I will pay too much attention to what you say.

Brian, I wanted to move to Chaotte and it worked out. If pay was the same with the same position, I would not leave Charlotte for Charleston, not even close.
Ahh yes. It pains it for you to admit defeat. You seem to be stuck on relocation while Charleston has relocation and a ton more.

And yes, Brian. He would LOVE to move to Charleston if he got the chance. All of the sudden you'd see a new poster in the Charleston forum and the GSP screenname wouldn't get used anymore if that were to happen though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or