U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2014, 04:15 PM

3,200 posts, read 3,902,437 times

Advertisements

[quote=CD2013;33805578][quote=GSP101;33804231]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post

So Charlottes only unique things are a NASCAR museum....and a couple mediocre pro sports teams? Once again, that not unique to Charlotte. Atlanta and Jacksonville have pro sports. For one, I'd rather go to a Gamecocks game than a Panthers game anyway. So, while Charlotte may have an NFL team, they don't have a major college football team, and for me, the USC games are by far better than the Panthers games.

Gives me trouble haha??? Check how many posts I've made about Charleston.......in the Charlotte/NC forum. Now, check how many posts you make regarding Charlotte in the SC forums. And we'll see who has an issue.

So, the list is now:

- A race car museum
- A couple mediocre pro sports teams

That's what Charlotte offers? Got it I'll just stay in SC, and venture to Atlanta for the times I want big city type stuff.
Your arguments get dumber and dumber. Why stop at Atlanta, if you are truly into history and unique offerings, head over to The British Museum in London or maybe Paris. And now you are bringing Jacksonville into this, where will your stupid loser argument end? San Francisco is nicer than Atlanta.

The only thing you have proved in your senseless rants is that you know nothing about Charlotte, you want Charleston to be like Charlotte was 30 years ago, MP is unique because of a creek, a law firm and a bridge. Heck, I can live in Myrtle Beach and do anything you can do in Charleston. I can ride my bike downtown, I can eat on a creek where fishing boats come in....seems as though Charleston and MB are similar. So, there is nothing unique about Charleston. MP is a suburb bisected by hwy 17, Summerville is a bedroom community and then there is Goose Creek. Absolutely nothing special.

You may like eating where Washington or Elvis ate, personally, I could care less. It is more interesting to eat with folks who are making a difference today instead of dreaming about who sat here years ago. Seems like that is another difference, Charlotte is populated with people making a difference today, Charleston likes to talk about how prosperous it was 200 years ago, still living in the past. Of course, there is nothing unique about eating in places where Washington ate, he the ate a lot of places. So in reality, Charleston is a large version of Myrtle Beach, culture one month a year, no pro sports, over 1.5 hours to college sports, no major research university, a pitiful tech industry, but you have a bridge to link the mediocre suburbs. And, the major job growth has been in tip jars and uncle Sam, almost a beggar city.

Of course if you were so interested in history, you would know this is where the country's first gold rush occurred. Seems fitting that it is a current financial center. So keep talking about nothing unique in Charlotte, proves ignorance.

As for football, I like having both. We are closer to Williams Brice and 10 minutes to BofA Stadium. See, Charlotte is full of choices. But, you do have a nice bridge.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCharlotte704 View Post
Man enough of this about Clt. This suppose to be about a NFL team in SC, but is turning into a Clt roasting party. 1st off, we are like the lil' child being picked on by the other bigger and older kids. All of a sudden, the child grows rapidly over a short period of time and is starring it's opponents eye to eye, and looking down on others. We might be forgotten now, but we are being watched in the rear view of a lot of cities. Imagine where we will be in 10-15 years!

As far as you bringing up Charleston vs. Clt. is your own argument. The only thing that gives Charleston it's fame is it's gigantic role in slavery, and who in the hell is proud of something like that. So you stick to your Charleston forum and stay off of ATL's nuts!
This guy is a clown who started a dumb thread (could have been as likely to start a thred about spending future lottery winnings), likes history but knows nothing about history and because he has no point to any argument, he relies on the old loser argument by enlisting Atanta......Charleston has been blown away by Charlotte but I like Atlanta anyway. So, I will use them to bash Charlotte eventhough he brought Charlotte into this thread on post #2.

Sad, typical Charleston arrogance. Kind of sad that there is a thread about people moving to Charleston and wanting to move after a year. Great place to visit (like Myrtle Beach), lousy place to live.....assuming you can get a decent job there in the first place.

Old 03-09-2014, 04:37 PM

2,012 posts, read 2,097,522 times
Why would anyone want to live in Myrtle Beach? So many hotels blocking the view of the ocean.... Also Charleston has barely started growing.... between Boeing adding more jobs and the Port building a new pier and dredging the harbor we are going to skyrocket soon enough

Another thing to look at in the Charleston area is the growth of the cities, since 1980 both Summerville and Mt Pleasant haven't had a decade of growth below 20%, For Summerville the growth since 1970 has been 69.1%, 246.9%, 23.2% and 56.4% per decade respectively, for Mt Pleasant it has been 108.2%, 58.1% and 42.5% per decade since 1980. And those are just the 2 fastest growing cities

Old 03-09-2014, 07:13 PM

3,518 posts, read 4,402,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
typical Charleston arrogance
vs. typical Upstate envy

Old 03-09-2014, 07:34 PM

10,356 posts, read 20,643,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorytmeadows View Post
vs. typical Upstate envy
GSP101 lives in Charlotte.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
He pretends to be from Rock Hill...

Old 03-09-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
To be fair, I am from the upstate. Have spent most of my life there.

It s funny to see folks who have been in Charleston a year adopt the arrogance so quickly. Oh well, best to let them think they are still relevant.

Old 03-09-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
He pretends to be from Rock Hill...
Last time I checked, Rock Hill South Carolina is part of metro Charlotte.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
Last time I checked, Rock Hill South Carolina is part of metro Charlotte.
What I meant to say was "he pretends that his posts in the SC forum are wanted/relevant/salient"

Old 03-09-2014, 08:35 PM

Quote:
What I meant to say was "he pretends that his posts in the SC forum are wanted/relevant/salient"
Grow up, based on your postings and harassing people, not just me, that provide opinions you may not agree with, you have no credibility, especially with people who are from SC. You have been here a year and pretend to know what is real. Of course, you think people will flock to Charleston and work from home even when data says otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or