U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-18-2014, 01:31 PM
 
2,687 posts, read 1,845,171 times
Reputation: 1466

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
Yeah b/c there are pro teams in the two big cites on opposite sides of SC. Nothing to do with the NAACP. Again, Charlotte stadium is 10 miles from state border of SC.The Hornets play 10 miles from SC state border. Its fan base includes SC. To say we don't have a NFL team is absurd. lol I don't need to convince you. Nobody in SC is going to disagree with this. The hockey team in Raleigh has a SC fan base as well. You and the NAACp can't stop this. I know that upsets you too. lol

lol

Being close to South Carolina is not the same thing as being in South Carolina, now is it?

Is it?

Seriously, answer that question. Is being in South Carolina the same thing as being close to it?


Because I'm pretty sure those are two different things.

So NC has a city close to the SC border, wow, what a huge victory that is for SC!

lmao!

 
Old 10-18-2014, 01:38 PM
 
123 posts, read 126,618 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
lol

Being close to South Carolina is not the same thing as being in South Carolina, now is it?

Is it?

Seriously, answer that question. Is being in South Carolina the same thing as being close to it?


Because I'm pretty sure those are two different things.

So NC has a city close to the SC border, wow, what a huge victory that is for SC!

lmao!
Shouldn't you get back to talking about obesity on the MS forum? Or are you trying to be the NFL Czar now too? I've proven you are wrong about this. The NBA literally played in Greenville last week. lol

I don't understand this "victory" concept. It is a football team. How is it a "victory" to have one within its borders. Lot of people don't even care about football. You got this weird competitiveness thing going on, similar to that movie American Pyscho. I get the sense you going to flash your business card in a minute and brag about the design of it. lol

A good portion of the Charlotte metro is in SC. Yes, it is just as much a SC team as not. Again, they aren't the Charlote Panthers. They practice in SC. They do fan events in SC. They used to play in SC. There is some magical forcefield b/t the two states that keeps SC fans out of the games or prevents them from watching the games. No, in fact, the NAACP is not htat powerful. lol If they were were, we would just write them a handsome check, the fairest check of them all, and they'd go shake somebody else down.

Wyoming doesn't have a football team in its state. Is it b/c of racism and NAACP boycott? By your logic, yes? I can go thru a whole list of states that don't have a NFL team or NBA team, etc. It has to do with population size, not NAACP being a puppet master. You just don't make logical assertions.

Last edited by Back In Orange; 10-18-2014 at 01:53 PM..
 
Old 10-18-2014, 01:42 PM
 
2,687 posts, read 1,845,171 times
Reputation: 1466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
Shouldn't you get back to talking about obesity on the MS forum? Or are you trying to be the NFL Czar now too? I've proven you are wrong about this. The NBA literally played in Greenville last week. lol

I don't understand this "victory" concept. It is a football team. How is it a "victory" to have one within its borders. Lot of people don't even care about football. You got this weird competitiveness thing going on, similar to that movie American Pyscho. I get the sense you going to flash your business card in a minute and brag about the design of it. lol

A good portion of the Charlotte metro is in SC. Yes, it is just as much a SC team as not. Again, they aren't the Charlote Panthers. They practice in SC. They do fan events in SC. They used to play in SC. There is some magical forcefield b/t the two states that keeps SC fans out of the games or prevents them from watching the games. No, in fact, the NAACP is not htat powerful. lol If they were were, we would just right them a handsome check and they'd go shake somebody else down.


I notice you didn't answer the question.

Were you unable to answer the question?

Or did you just realize the answer wasn't favorable to you?
 
Old 10-18-2014, 01:44 PM
 
123 posts, read 126,618 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
I notice you didn't answer the question.

Were you unable to answer the question?

Or did you just realize the answer wasn't favorable to you?
lol, ok well this is just going to keep going around circles. I'll let you have the last word , I'm that confident in the power of my arguments.

If I'm wrong, it won't be about anything important, that is for sure.
 
Old 10-26-2014, 08:50 AM
 
Location: Charleston, SC
225 posts, read 441,824 times
Reputation: 99
I don't know why this is a debate every year. The Panthers are representative of the Carolina's as a whole region even both states are in the logo. Originally when Jerry Richardson decided to bring a team to the region, the bids primarily came down between Greenville/Spartanburg and Charlotte. He chose Charlotte simply because they had more money, was the largest city and market area in the Carolinas, and closest to the center of the whole region more than any city. Richardson always agreed that they will play in NC but have there training camps in SC as it is today since he grew up in both states. Obviously NC businesses are going to profit since the city is in Charlotte but also blame South Carolina itself for not welcoming Panthers to play games preseason games in Columbia since Columbia the only city that has a large stadium with the hotels around it to support it even though Clemson has a facilities but just the hotels even though Greenville is 30 mins down the road.
 
Old 10-26-2014, 09:41 AM
 
3,200 posts, read 3,902,437 times
Reputation: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico020 View Post
I don't know why this is a debate every year. The Panthers are representative of the Carolina's as a whole region even both states are in the logo. Originally when Jerry Richardson decided to bring a team to the region, the bids primarily came down between Greenville/Spartanburg and Charlotte. He chose Charlotte simply because they had more money, was the largest city and market area in the Carolinas, and closest to the center of the whole region more than any city. Richardson always agreed that they will play in NC but have there training camps in SC as it is today since he grew up in both states. Obviously NC businesses are going to profit since the city is in Charlotte but also blame South Carolina itself for not welcoming Panthers to play games preseason games in Columbia since Columbia the only city that has a large stadium with the hotels around it to support it even though Clemson has a facilities but just the hotels even though Greenville is 30 mins down the road.
Greenville/Spartanburg was never part of the process to bring the NFL to the Carolinas. Charlotte was the only city ever pitched (Raleigh was a slight consideration). Richardson knew that there is not a market in SC that could support a team from a number of considerations....population, business, wealth, etc and therefore only considered Charlotte. The upstate was only linked to the NFL because Richardson graduated from Wofford and has the training camp in Spartanburg. However, even with that, there are limited links to the Panthers and the upstate functionally, the upstate hospitals are not allowed to treat any of the players. If they are hurt in camp, they are moved back to CMC in Charlotte. That is what makes this thread such a waste, the demographics simply are not there in SC to support a team.

And, with the Panthers, it especially would not work. As someone pointed out, there are markets with multiple teams but they are there based on history and populations of the combined areas exceeding 8m residents. If Charleston or Columbia get to 3m residents, then the discussion may change. Considering both are currently in the 800k range, it is not an issue today or in 25 years.
 
Old 10-26-2014, 11:53 AM
 
52 posts, read 34,529 times
Reputation: 12
The wealth criteria is silly because most people at NFL games are middle class, plus there are tons of SC residents at games.

The main reason is Charlotte has more direct flights to other NFL cities which makes it easier on panthers and other team players, plus charloote has more people.
 
Old 10-26-2014, 01:35 PM
 
3,200 posts, read 3,902,437 times
Reputation: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlood36 View Post
The wealth criteria is silly because most people at NFL games are middle class, plus there are tons of SC residents at games.

The main reason is Charlotte has more direct flights to other NFL cities which makes it easier on panthers and other team players, plus charloote has more people.
NFL teams charter their own flights.

As for wealth, ou don't understand......not many folks in Greenville can afford club seats at 300 per game. And, more importantly, not enough wealth for sponsorships.
 
Old 10-26-2014, 01:40 PM
 
52 posts, read 34,529 times
Reputation: 12
Plenty of people could afford club seats in Greenville...it just most aren't interested in the NFL, especially as one as dreadful as the Panthers. Panthers stadium only holds like 50,000 and most of that isn't rich people. Clemson has pricy box seats that Fluor and other companies rent out, and rich people like Ed Young in the low country fly their private jets to Clemson games. If SC can support two huge college football programs in Clemson and SC, they could support a 50,000 seat NFL stadium. You should also point out Charlotte also has a lot more poor people and a lot more criminals, in gross number. Charlotte has more of everything.
 
Old 10-26-2014, 01:46 PM
 
52 posts, read 34,529 times
Reputation: 12
SC supports two big college programs with much larger stadiums than Carolina which is only like 55000 seats. But can't support NFL because too poor?

Fluor and other corporations in Greenville have box seats at Clemson.

You shuould also mention Charlotte has more poor people and criminals in gross numbers. It has more of everything. You make it out as though everybody is uber wealthy there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top