U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-07-2014, 08:50 PM
 
1,912 posts, read 2,006,640 times
Reputation: 865

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
Notre Dame is in South Bend and the Colts are in Indianapolis, 120 miles apart.
Notre Dame owns that state. Always has.

Plus, GSP says Cola and Charleston are too close to Charlotte. Cola is about the same distance. Charleston is over 200 miles from Charlotte.

Seems the king of Indiana football (which IS Notre Dame) didn't stop the Colts from relocating to that state.

Oh, and the Colts moved to Indy........when that area was around the 1,000,000 person metro area mark.

Another one GSP


The Buffalo Bills, however, were in a city that in 1950 was 580K people, and today is about 280K people. A metro area that is struggling and shrinking. Many fleeing South. But, their team remains. Maybe not for long.

Last edited by CD2013; 03-07-2014 at 08:59 PM..

 
Old 03-07-2014, 08:58 PM
 
3,200 posts, read 3,895,436 times
Reputation: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
The Longhorns are king of Texas college ball, since you were saying the NFL wont come to a place with a major college FB team.......which is ridiculous as I showed you.

Go to Atlanta, or anywhere in GA. And tell me UGA doesn't own that state.

Jacksonville is struggling with attendance because they went 2-12. Just like people didn't show up when the Panthers won the #1 draft pick in 2010 with their God awful record. And people don't show up to Falcons games when they suck. Again......you obviously don't understand football.

Well, they must tip well in Charleston.......seeing as the average median income in Charleston is....well, just about dead even with Charlottes.

You have completely missed the whole point of this thread.

And you continue to show your massive inferiority complex by coming onto the SC forum to parade around the "size" of a NC city.
No CD, the point is that this thread has no point. The NFL is not coming to SC for any number of reasons, a big one being the Panthers and Charleston's dismal TV market size.

As for what I said about college ball, I said that the college teams you listed were not in NFL cities. Now, if the city had 6m residents, sure it can support both. But, SC does not have 6m folks.

As for income, if you think 90% of an average number is close, then you will be happy. Otherwise, if you read a little deeper, you will see dramatic differences in the wealth of Charlotte v Charleston.

Here is the bottom line about Charlotte. You have been trying to convince folks that because Charlotte got a team, Charleston could follow the same model. And, then you went on a childish rant about cube dwellers etc.....if you bring up Charlotte and then bash it because it is obvious Charleston can't compete, don't cry when he facts show how far Charleston is from Charlotte in most any metric....remember, you were the one trying to make Charleston into The 1990 version of Charlotte....part of which is in SC. You bought up Beaufort County to supplement your argument.......you are seriously trying to compare Charlotte and Beaufort? That Is a joke.

Anyway, keep your dream. And, BTW, the Panthers have about 120 consecutive sellouts......don't know much about football?
 
Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 PM
 
1,912 posts, read 2,006,640 times
Reputation: 865
GSP wrote a book haha: The Cubicle Manifesto by Mainak Dhar
 
Old 03-07-2014, 09:04 PM
 
3,200 posts, read 3,895,436 times
Reputation: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Notre Dame owns that state. Always has.

Plus, GSP says Cola and Charleston are too close to Charlotte. Cola is about the same distance. Charleston is over 200 miles from Charlotte.

Seems the king of Indiana football (which IS Notre Dame) didn't stop the Colts from relocating to that state.

Oh, and the Colts moved to Indy........when that area was around the 1,000,000 person metro area mark.

Another one GSP


The Buffalo Bills, however, were in a city that in 1950 was 580K people, and today is about 280K people. A metro area that is struggling and shrinking. Many fleeing South. But, their team remains. Maybe not for long.
CD, read the previous list of cities ahead of Charleston without a team. And CD, you are seriously trying to compare 1m residents 30 years ago to today? There are many cities with 2m residents without a team......it is relative. A metro of 1m 30 years ago is not the same as one today just like $100 in 1950 is not the same as it is in 2014. You posted a link about the number of metros above 1m residents, do they all get a team?
 
Old 03-07-2014, 09:05 PM
 
1,912 posts, read 2,006,640 times
Reputation: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
No CD, the point is that this thread has no point. The NFL is not coming to SC for any number of reasons, a big one being the Panthers and Charleston's dismal TV market size.

As for what I said about college ball, I said that the college teams you listed were not in NFL cities. Now, if the city had 6m residents, sure it can support both. But, SC does not have 6m folks.

As for income, if you think 90% of an average number is close, then you will be happy. Otherwise, if you read a little deeper, you will see dramatic differences in the wealth of Charlotte v Charleston.

Here is the bottom line about Charlotte. You have been trying to convince folks that because Charlotte got a team, Charleston could follow the same model. And, then you went on a childish rant about cube dwellers etc.....if you bring up Charlotte and then bash it because it is obvious Charleston can't compete, don't cry when he facts show how far Charleston is from Charlotte in most any metric....remember, you were the one trying to make Charleston into The 1990 version of Charlotte....part of which is in SC. You bought up Beaufort County to supplement your argument.......you are seriously trying to compare Charlotte and Beaufort? That Is a joke.

Anyway, keep your dream. And, BTW, the Panthers have about 120 consecutive sellouts......don't know much about football?
This was about SC and football here. You brought the Panthers into it.

Im in no way trying to compare Charleston to 1990 Charlotte. Just saying they, AND Columbia even more so, are similar in size.

Trust me....I know Charleston and Charlotte are very different cities. Its one reason why I live in Charleston, and wouldn't want to live in Charlotte.

And "sell out" vs "show up" is way different. I remember the half empty BOA stadium in the late 2010 days. If you try to say BOA has been full every game for 10 years straight....um, I'll take that bet.
 
Old 03-07-2014, 09:07 PM
 
3,200 posts, read 3,895,436 times
Reputation: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Great, another childish post, can't make your dream plausible so you resort to garbage.
 
Old 03-07-2014, 09:09 PM
 
1,912 posts, read 2,006,640 times
Reputation: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
CD, read the previous list of cities ahead of Charleston without a team. And CD, you are seriously trying to compare 1m residents 30 years ago to today? There are many cities with 2m residents without a team......it is relative. A metro of 1m 30 years ago is not the same as one today just like $100 in 1950 is not the same as it is in 2014. You posted a link about the number of metros above 1m residents, do they all get a team?
By your measure, Los Angeles should be granted the Panthers, and they should move them to LA immediately and change their name. Right?

You're right. 1M back then wasn't the same as 1M today, as far as football goes.


Baseball was more popular than football then. Football is king now, meaning of 1M people today, more are likely to watch a game than they would in 1985.

And no, they don't all get a team. Would the University of Las Vegas sellout an 85,000 seat stadium in an 0-22 streak? No.

But heres a suggestion.....go to the Charlotte and NC forum. This was, and IS, a discussion about football in SC.

Either way......Charlotte is still Atlanta's ***** hahahahaha
 
Old 03-07-2014, 09:10 PM
 
1,912 posts, read 2,006,640 times
Reputation: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
Great, another childish post, can't make your dream plausible so you resort to garbage.
You can't make your dream plausible..........so you go to a South Carolina forum and brag about how much bigger and badder your city is.....as if that somehow gives you more self-worth

Remember my friend.....the 280 pound gal pitching for the softball team is much "bigger" than the homecoming queen.

But, you still haven't mentioned the #1 reason why pro sports work for Charlotte.....but wouldn't on the Carolina coast.
 
Old 03-07-2014, 09:13 PM
 
3,200 posts, read 3,895,436 times
Reputation: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
This was about SC and football here. You brought the Panthers into it.

Im in no way trying to compare Charleston to 1990 Charlotte. Just saying they, AND Columbia even more so, are similar in size.

Trust me....I know Charleston and Charlotte are very different cities. Its one reason why I live in Charleston, and wouldn't want to live in Charlotte.

And "sell out" vs "show up" is way different. I remember the half empty BOA stadium in the late 2010 days. If you try to say BOA has been full every game for 10 years straight....um, I'll take that bet.
Honestly, you don't have a point. You have not had one yet which explains why you are writing garbage posts. And, you forget, The Panthers are the Carolina Panthers. They are implicit in any discussion about the NFL in the Carolina's.

I am glad you like Charleston, not everyone wants to live in Charlotte, not everyone wants to live in Charleston. I could live anywhere and chose to live here, it is a great place as evidenced by the 50k new residents annually, the equivalent of Chareston moves here every 2 years.
 
Old 03-07-2014, 09:20 PM
 
3,200 posts, read 3,895,436 times
Reputation: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
You can't make your dream plausible..........so you go to a South Carolina forum and brag about how much bigger and badder your city is.....as if that somehow gives you more self-worth

Remember my friend.....the 280 pound gal pitching for the softball team is much "bigger" than the homecoming queen.

But, you still haven't mentioned the #1 reason why pro sports work for Charlotte.....but wouldn't on the Carolina coast.
LOL, I have given you a list of reasons, you just don't understand. Think, you are the nation's 65th or66th largest TV market, that alone disqualifies you from pro sports. Never mind the fact that Charleston does not have the wealth to support a team.

No, I am from SC and part of Charlotte, 300k residents or about half of Charleston, is in SC. I get no self worth about discussing this with someone who does not understand economics and resorts to dumb comments in an attempt at being witty. But, I am interested in my home state in spite of dumb comments and arrogance from the Charleston crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:18 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top