Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2014, 09:16 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,410,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
Give it up.....you are now arguing against a thread you started.

Like your city, quit living in the past full of generic strip malls.

So, what is so unique that no other city as it? A beach? Shops on King Street? Savannah and Wilmington have historic districts. Boston has historic war memorials. Restaurants....every city has good restaurants. lighthouse.....outer banks are full of them, a bridge(your favorite), we have tall bridges in Charlotte, a creek (another of your favorites)....,they are everywhere, seafood.....got it in abundance,

So, Charleston does not have anything tht can't be Found elsewhere.

Arrogance....Charleston has that, sorry...you have one.

I DO like my city. Its why I post in the Charleston/SC forums. But YOU live in Charlotte, NC, and post 99% of your stuff on the SC forum, and most of that is about Charleston. How about YOU like YOUR city and stop trying to convince the rest of us how great it is.....so that deep down you can convince yourself of the same thing.

Whats unique? A top 10 national beach. A top 10 national restaurant. A top 10 national high school. Any family would like to live here and have that, right? History? No city in the South can match Charleston's history except maybe Atlanta, Savannah, New Orleans, all have their own. Patriots Point? One of the best naval museums if you are a patriot. The beaches of course. Kayak with dolphins. Go shark fishing.

And shopping you say? Well, there is a difference in shopping King Street and downtown Charleston...........vs shopping the South Park mall. Many differences. Two vastly different experiences, and I expect you wont get it at all.

And DO NOT even try to insult the human palate by trying to say Charlotte's seafood scene is anywhere close to Charlestons, or any other coastal city for that matter.

Charleston has several unique things that, yes, you can find in other cities. It also has a lot of things you cannot find in other cities.

Charlotte? The things it has....you can find almost anywhere else. Unless a NASCAR museum and a couple mediocre sports teams are your fill.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:

Arrogance....Charleston has that, sorry...you have one.
Im addressing this one separately. Every city has arrogant people. It is a human flaw unfortunately.

Most people in Charleston know we are a great city, a unique and different city. And we also know that there are things we don't have here that we'd have to go to Greenville, Asheville or Atlanta for, like mountains for one, or a true world class large urban city experience.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:34 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,317,526 times
You're confusing arrogance with pride.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:36 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,611,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
I DO like my city. Its why I post in the Charleston/SC forums. But YOU live in Charlotte, NC, and post 99% of your stuff on the SC forum, and most of that is about Charleston. How about YOU like YOUR city and stop trying to convince the rest of us how great it is.....so that deep down you can convince yourself of the same thing.

Whats unique? A top 10 national beach. A top 10 national restaurant. A top 10 national high school. Any family would like to live here and have that, right? History? No city in the South can match Charleston's history except maybe Atlanta, Savannah, New Orleans, all have their own. Patriots Point? One of the best naval museums if you are a patriot. The beaches of course. Kayak with dolphins. Go shark fishing.

And shopping you say? Well, there is a difference in shopping King Street and downtown Charleston...........vs shopping the South Park mall. Many differences. Two vastly different experiences, and I expect you wont get it at all.

And DO NOT even try to insult the human palate by trying to say Charlotte's seafood scene is anywhere close to Charlestons, or any other coastal city for that matter.

Charleston has several unique things that, yes, you can find in other cities. It also has a lot of things you cannot find in other cities.

Charlotte? The things it has....you can find almost anywhere else. Unless a NASCAR museum and a couple mediocre sports teams are your fill.
I am from SC AND part of Charlotte is in SC. Sorry. If you don't like my postings, ignore them. But, unlike your magazine references, I use Fed resources or 10ks for business related options. The difference with Natgeo.....my sources are audited and not subject to an editorial board pushing an agenda. But, if the magazines make you feel good about your city, good.

So, what is unique about your city? You are just listing a bunch of magazine rankings which mean nothing. A naval museum.....I can get that elsewhere. Great restaurant, can get that in almost any city. Shopping, yes, Charleston has nothing like Southpark. But, you can shop online...no need for King St. History, if you are into living in the past, every city has a history.

Seafood, I can get day boat seafood in a number of Charlotte restaurants. Kayak, fish....can do that in a lot of places.

To date, you have not listed anything that I can't get elsewhere.

Maybe Charleston is like Mylie Cyrus, a lot of media hype with nothing unique. Oh well, you can cross your favorite bridge and eat at Newks with Rory in Summerville, a generic suburb.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Im addressing this one separately. Every city has arrogant people. It is a human flaw unfortunately.

Most people in Charleston know we are a great city, a unique and different city. And we also know that there are things we don't have here that we'd have to go to Greenville, Asheville or Atlanta for, like mountains for one, or a true world class large urban city experience.
Now I am confused, if you are telling me you drive to Atlanta for big city experience, why did you post in the Charleston Forum that living in Charleston is fun and if you want a big city, Charlotte is 3 hours away?

Could it be that you are a lot like SC's resident engineering troll and just like to argue for no reason? WHat are we to believe, you constantly move the argument around when you are proven wrong, at least Rory is honest enough to admit when he is wrong, you just insert another qualifier........the classic loser mentality. Do you even live in Charleston or maybe you were not selected for the Charlotte Fire Dept. and hold some internal hostile anger towards Charlotte.

You posted that you never post in Charlotte, wrong. Now you are not being truthful about telling people to go to Atlanta, can't believe much of what you say......maybe you can google that.

Old 03-16-2014, 09:48 PM

Quote:
I am from SC AND part of Charlotte is in SC. Sorry. If you don't like my postings, ignore them. But, unlike your magazine references, I use Fed resources or 10ks for business related options. The difference with Natgeo.....my sources are audited and not subject to an editorial board pushing an agenda. But, if the magazines make you feel good about your city, good.

So, what is unique about your city? You are just listing a bunch of magazine rankings which mean nothing. A naval museum.....I can get that elsewhere. Great restaurant, can get that in almost any city. Shopping, yes, Charleston has nothing like Southpark. But, you can shop online...no need for King St. History, if you are into living in the past, every city has a history.

Seafood, I can get day boat seafood in a number of Charlotte restaurants. Kayak, fish....can do that in a lot of places.

To date, you have not listed anything that I can't get elsewhere.

Maybe Charleston is like Mylie Cyrus, a lot of media hype with nothing unique. Oh well, you can cross your favorite bridge and eat at Newks with Rory in Summerville, a generic suburb.
I don't dislike your postings. Its fun to show people where they are inaccurate.

So National Geographic has an agenda to push Charleston into a list that includes Paris, Rome, London, NYC, Barcelona, Madrid? WOW.....Charlestons little 700K has more power than I thought

I don't think the magazine makes me feel good about my city. I think this city made the folks with that magazine, and everyone who reads it, feel good when they visited, else it wouldn't be on their list.

The fact that you have spent so much time arguing Charlotte vs Charleston........shows that little ole Charleston's 700K people outshine your city's 2M people when it comes to public perception and fame.

You say......why shop on King Street when you can just go online and buy something? And THAT is the personality difference in people who may pick Charlotte over Charleston as their place to live. If that's how you think, then Charlotte is the place for you.

So, you get outshined by Atlanta in all the big city stuff.........and outshined by Charleston in all the charm and national social appeal stuff. Must be hard to be that middle child, huh?

Old 03-16-2014, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Now I am confused, if you are telling me you drive to Atlanta for big city experience, why did you post in the Charleston Forum that living in Charleston is fun and if you want a big city, Charlotte is 3 hours away?

Could it be that you are a lot like SC's resident engineering troll and just like to argue for no reason? WHat are we to believe, you constantly move the argument around when you are proven wrong, at least Rory is honest enough to admit when he is wrong, you just insert another qualifier........the classic loser mentality. Do you even live in Charleston or maybe you were not selected for the Charlotte Fire Dept. and hold some internal hostile anger towards Charlotte.

You posted that you never post in Charlotte, wrong. Now you are not being truthful about telling people to go to Atlanta, can't believe much of what you say......maybe you can google that.
Well, its true. I can go to a big city 3 hours away in Charlotte. But, 5 hours away is a BETTER and BIGGER big city, with so much more to offer.

I've posted no more than 2 posts in a year on the Charlotte forum, and I'm giving you those 2 because I truly cant remember if I ever have.

(You keep bringing up FD's. Charlotte FD, Im sure, is an outstanding fire dept full of brave firemen, and anyone would be proud to work for them, just as I am for CFD here, and I'm sure they'd say the same of CFD, or Atlanta FD, or Greenville FD, or any other FD. Common fraternity there, you'll lose that battle.)

But yes, I "COULD" drive to Charlotte for a bigger city experience.

But, for a mere 2 hours more, I'd get SO MUCH more in Atlanta, and such a bigger and better city anyway, the 2 hours extra is definitely worth it.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Well, its true. I can go to a big city 3 hours away in Charlotte. But, 5 hours away is a BETTER and BIGGER big city, with so much more to offer.

I've posted no more than 2 posts in a year on the Charlotte forum, and I'm giving you those 2 because I truly cant remember if I ever have.

(You keep bringing up FD's. Charlotte FD, Im sure, is an outstanding fire dept full of brave firemen, and anyone would be proud to work for them, just as I am for CFD here, and I'm sure they'd say the same of CFD, or Atlanta FD, or Greenville FD, or any other FD. Common fraternity there, you'll lose that battle.)

But yes, I "COULD" drive to Charlotte for a bigger city experience.

But, for a mere 2 hours more, I'd get SO MUCH more in Atlanta, and such a bigger and better city anyway, the 2 hours extra is definitely worth it.
So, after all of this garbage, you just like to argue and use magazines as proof of your argument. And, you can't come up with anything in Charleston that can't be found elsewhere. But, keep on believing Charleston is on par with London and Paris......that is laughable. Since you started a thread about he NFL in Charleston, please start that thread.......is Charleston on par with London and Paris, arrogance is a terrible thing to waste, we'll all get a laugh out of that.

As for FD's, I know way more than you can imagine. We'll leave it at that but, I don't know many(any) firemen who would post the silly garbage that you have. In fact, I bet Charlotte's FD likes Charleston, seems as though arrogance in Charleston even corrupts the FD, sad.

Old 03-16-2014, 10:36 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,317,526 times
To seriously think about the possibility of the OP, Charleston really isn't the place for an NFL team. Although growing and nationally highlighted often, it's not really a big metro for an NFL team. It's not a bad thing, but it's just not it. Also, Toronto and London are NFL marketing gimmicks. They aren't selected for anything else except they have a large population that might be interested.

Going to an NFL game is great. Especially for the entire day's experience. But, please admit it, there's nothing better than watching the game on TV unless you have thousands of dollars to get good seats at an NFL stadium. Even then, the people that I know that have had great seats still say they can't see the entire game. The best seat there is in the luxury boxes, ironically because they mimic the TV experience. I love the Giants, but I'm glad I didn't go to Charlotte to see them play, let alone see them get blown out by a mediocre team.

I'd love a team here, but I'd love it if they didn't come either way. GO GMEN!

Old 03-17-2014, 01:34 AM

1,074 posts, read 1,669,025 times
I heard that Greenville County is looking to establish a professional Badminton Team

Sounds nice and physical
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina