Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2014, 05:43 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,294,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
OH, ok. 210K can get a very nice place in Summerville, Goose Creek, Dorchester County, etc. Basically outside the 526 loop. I've been looking at the areas building up around Charleston Southern University. Ingleside Plantation is gonna be a nice place, right next to Bass Pro. Inside the 526 loop you're paying to be near the water basically.

Yeah, his purpose on this forum is 99% to bash Charleston.

Speaking of that....see my new parody thread!!
Well, I'm in the closest neighborhood to Boeing's north campus and will directly benefit from Ingleside once they build that. Can't wait for the roads to finish as it will cut 5-10 off of the commute to anywhere. Equity^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :-)

Old 03-23-2014, 05:53 PM

2,289 posts, read 2,928,999 times
I wish that google would update their images so that we could get some up to date satellite imagery of the size of the Charleston area, the current google earth images are just over a year old...

Old 10-15-2014, 11:45 PM

272 posts, read 378,445 times
It's more about if a Billionaire is willing to invest in a team in a particular city. If the Billionaire doesn't see enough revenue in a particular location, that city won't get the Billionaire's team. Usually it's a Billionaire in cooperation with the city.

Old 10-16-2014, 10:58 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,387,509 times
Um, South Carolina does have an NFL team, and defacto basketball and hockey teams...

CAROLINA Panthers? Its in Charlotte for a reason, and Charlotte is uh...on the border. Go to a Panthers game and youll an SC flag alongside the US and NC flags as well, SC are apart of this franchise.

And its Charlotte Hornets, but really where is the Hornets 2nd largest fanbase? SC.

And Carolina Hurricanes. Yes in Raliegh, but still.

Last edited by Jandrew5; 10-16-2014 at 11:08 AM..

Old 10-16-2014, 11:10 AM

2,208 posts, read 2,817,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Um, South Carolina does have an NFL team, and defacto basketball and hockey teams...

CAROLINA Panthers? Its in Charlotte for a reason, and Charlotte is uh...on the border. Go to a Panthers game and youll an SC flag alongside the US and NC flags as well, SC are apart of this franchise.

And jts Charlotte Hornets, just really were is the Hornets 2nd largest fanbase? SC.

And Carolina Hurricanes. Yes in Raliegh, but still.
While it's nice that those teams share their name with South Carolina, the financial benefit of the team goes to the place they play. SC businesses aren't reaping much benefit because of the Carolina Panthers, but NC businesses are.

Old 10-16-2014, 12:56 PM

8,147 posts, read 13,204,792 times
I didnt read through every page of this thread so forgive me if someone has already mentioned this.. Even with population, Charlotte not having the Panthers etc etc.... What City in SC would pony up the money to finance a stadium? You saw how much controversy it caused in Columbia with just a minor league stadium.. Multiply that times 100 for an NFL one not to mention most people would be suspect that when their lease is up.. they would pack there bags and move to a bigger market and play the "whose going to build a stadium for me" game to pit one city against another... I am still convinced tha the Panthers are still holding a grudge against SC. They could play an exhibition or a pre-season game or to in Columbia.. it would do wonders to increase their fan base here... The havent set foot in the metro since Mikey of the USC Athletic Dept. nixed the idea that they could play there first season here and sent them packing to Clemson. I would venture to guess that there are more Dallas Cowboys fans in SC than Panther fans...

Old 10-16-2014, 01:01 PM

422 posts, read 484,161 times
If a SC city had a media market large enough to support a NFL team the NFL doesn't care about the proximity of Charlotte or Atlanta. The 49ers-Raiders and the Jets-Giants are in shared media markets. The Rams-Raiders used to be in shared media markets. Then you have teams like the Redskins-Ravens that are in separate media markets but their respective cities are a hour away from one another or the Steelers-Browns that are separate by only 2 hours. Historically, close proximity to another market, even sharing a market, is not an issue for the NFL.

Old 10-18-2014, 03:36 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,175,456 times
I didn't read through this whole thing, but I know one thing to be true, as long as the NAACP and NCAA are boycotting South Carolina, you ain't getting squat. Enjoy watching the Gamecocks not win the SEC every year.

Old 10-18-2014, 10:00 AM

123 posts, read 155,250 times
Oh yeah b/c the NAACP is so powerful. That was the same group taking money from that white racist Clippers owner that everybody in California has known is racist for years. But SC having a confederate flag on its state grounds is a problem for them.

Old 10-18-2014, 12:16 PM

123 posts, read 155,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In Orange View Post
Oh yeah b/c the NAACP is so powerful. That was the same group taking money from that white racist Clippers owner that everybody in California has known is racist for years. But SC having a confederate flag on its state grounds is a problem for them.
If we write the NAACP a fat and very handsome check, throw in a free membership at Gold's Gym or a golf club, they'll get over the so called racism of a flag most people in SC don't care about, white or black. They just need to be paid, racism goes up and down depending on how much you pay them. lol

The NCAA is largely just punishing black kids who had nothing to do with the flag being there, not white racists. Not a well conceived idea by the NCAA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina