Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 11:35 AM

1,912 posts, read 2,400,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
How did I know this thread that I titled something about being sick of comparisons would turn into a comparison thread? Since you preferred living in the Charleston suburbs over the Columbia suburbs, I hope you'll be able to make it back there some day. I feel for people who for whatever reason are unable to live where they would rather be.
Sounds like he made a preference more than a comparison.

Suburbs are all basically the same. Just depends what those suburbs are located around that a person prefers.

For example, while I love so much about Charleston....I love SEC football like no other, and truly wish the Gamecocks played in Charleston, where the state capital once was and still belongs

Just kidding. But really, the fresh water rivers (without the risk of alligators or bull sharks) in Columbia and the Gamecocks sporting events are something I wish Charleston had. And the mountains being so near Greenville and their downtown Falls Park are 2 things I wish Charleston had also. But, the pros here still slightly outweigh the ones there, for me, or I'd be living in Cola or Gville.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:00 PM

2,124 posts, read 2,246,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Sounds like he made a preference more than a comparison.

Suburbs are all basically the same. Just depends what those suburbs are located around that a person prefers.

For example, while I love so much about Charleston....I love SEC football like no other, and truly wish the Gamecocks played in Charleston, where the state capital once was and still belongs

Just kidding. But really, the fresh water rivers (without the risk of alligators or bull sharks) in Columbia and the Gamecocks sporting events are something I wish Charleston had. And the mountains being so near Greenville and their downtown Falls Park are 2 things I wish Charleston had also. But, the pros here still slightly outweigh the ones there, for me, or I'd be living in Cola or Gville.
Kindove off topic... But I heard that there are some gators that live in Lake Murray, although a rarity. I've also heard from some friends at work that in the lower part of Richland county, you can find gators in the rivers and streams there (they've claimed that they've seen one as road kill on one of the roads down in that area.) I have no idea, but just throwing that out there just in case anyone has seen any around the Columbia area.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:26 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,589,352 times
Quote:
Speaking of CCU.......reminds me of football season.

Hey, GSP, did you notice how the state of SC absolutely OWNED the far bigger state of NC in the ultimate sport this year?

5,000 student Charleston Southern toyed with the much bigger UNC-Charlotte team, blew them out and game was over by 3rd quarter.
5,000 student Charleston Southern also is not undefeated all-time against mighty Appalachian State.......beating them in Boone NC this year.
The Gamecocks, of course, sleep walked past the flagship school of NC, UNC.
Clemson beat down NC State. And they typically toy with Duke and UNC also.
Furman, Wofford, Citadel all beat App State and Western Carolina.
East Carolina finally just stopped trying to even compete with South Carolina.

Once gain, we see "bigger" isn't "better", as the state of NC just cant seem to stay on the field with the smaller state to their South. Heck, even the high schoolers show it, as the SC squad has long dominated NC in the Shrine Bowl.
Hey CD, do you have a degree from Carolina? I have been at Williams Brice since grade school, quit trolling for arguments. If you comprehended anything, you would have caught that my degrees are all from SC schools, including Carolina. Do you wake up looking for an argument?

Get over this mythical size crap. You are taking something with regards to the NFL and trying sadly to make something out of it. Move on.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:48 PM

12,757 posts, read 18,569,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Kindove off topic... But I heard that there are some gators that live in Lake Murray, although a rarity. I've also heard from some friends at work that in the lower part of Richland county, you can find gators in the rivers and streams there (they've claimed that they've seen one as road kill on one of the roads down in that area.) I have no idea, but just throwing that out there just in case anyone has seen any around the Columbia area.
The furthest "upstream" I've ever known of an alligator to be (seen with my own eye) was in the Columbia Canal. I don't know whether it still lives there.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithgn View Post
Well, they live in almost every body of water down here, so I wouldn't be surprised if some got inland a bit. Bull sharks have been known to drift far upstream on the Cooper and Ashley rivers, although attacks are very rare. But, as a bit of a worry-wart, I hesitate to swim in the rivers. The beaches with waves are fine, as the surf wont allow them to do much.

I've heard they have documented cases of bull sharks going as far up the Miss River as Illinois! They caught, I think what was a 12-14 foot bull out of Shem Creek a few years ago. Frightening, considering the paddle board and kayak business that launches all those people onto Shem into the harbor.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
Hey CD, do you have a degree from Carolina? I have been at Williams Brice since grade school, quit trolling for arguments. If you comprehended anything, you would have caught that my degrees are all from SC schools, including Carolina. Do you wake up looking for an argument?

Get over this mythical size crap. You are taking something with regards to the NFL and trying sadly to make something out of it. Move on.
Haha, I think everyone here can testify that you are the one who seems to be obsessed with "size".

And yes, I have a degree that is from the University of South Carolina. Why else would I be such a huge fan?

Old 03-17-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Haha, I think everyone here can testify that you are the one who seems to be obsessed with "size".

And yes, I have a degree that is from the University of South Carolina. Why else would I be such a huge fan?
I don't think so, you are the one perpetuating this with silly arguments and "hey look, we are in a magazine".

Interesting that you like to google articles on Charleston but can't even correctly understand what they mean.

Old 03-17-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Why worry about "beating teams that Clemson beat" when we can just BEAT CLEMSON???
Quote:

You're right. I didn't go to USC. I went to Coastal Carolina. I played linebacker there for 4 years on their team. Won a couple conference rings too. My dad went to USC.

Recruiting classes are ranked based on total numbers as much as total stars. You don't know squat about how that works.

Spurrier didn't get Watkins, Boyd, or Beasley. Why? Because Shaw, Jeffrey, Ellington, Clowney are better...and he got them. And how do I know Spurriers guys were better? Well, they keep beating Dabo's guys.

Kinda hard to argue.
Do you have a problem telling the truth? How much of the stuff that you write is a lie? That is sad. The only thing that you have not done is mention shooting up schools like other Charleston posters. Must be a "Charleston Thing".

Old 03-17-2014, 08:53 PM

3,517 posts, read 5,294,797 times
Quote:

Do you have a problem telling the truth? How much of the stuff that you write is a lie? That is sad. The only thing that you have not done is mention shooting up schools like other Charleston posters. Must be a "Charleston Thing".
Schools of fish! Mainly tuna. Yum!

Also, try one if these links:
Study 1
Study 2

Old 03-18-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:

I said I have a degree from the Univ of SC.

I didn't "go" to USC in Columbia though. You do know USC has branch schools in about 8 cities, who all offer degrees that say "University of South Carolina (insert branch)", plus an online program, right? I did go to and graduate from CCU (who, by the way, once was a USC branch school), and continued my education. Are we doing resume' comparison now?

Kinda like other schools with a branch? Like UT-El Paso, or UC-Los Angeles? Not the main campus. So, UTEP grads didn't go to Texas. Or UNC-Charlotte students didnt' go to UNC, but do have a UNC degree.

Over your head, I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina