U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 06:03 AM

114 posts, read 172,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckygib View Post
Has anybody else obtained their 2015 sticker? I was surprised it was a black dot rather then the shape of SC.

Not a DMV goof...the agency saved thousands by using the dot instead of the SC silhouette.

And unless we go to license-plate scan technology...having the decal is much more cost and manpower-effective. And yes...an expired one does give that officer a reason to stop a car if he thinks he needs to (whether that's good or bad, I'll leave that there).

As to a month sticker...if any one's month decal is fading or missing, they can get another free of charge from any DMV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2014, 06:00 AM

975 posts, read 1,901,986 times
Quote:
Has anybody else obtained their 2015 sticker? I was surprised it was a black dot rather then the shape of SC.
Just got mine and it has the dot also. If it saves the state money I say go for it.

Old 06-14-2014, 05:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,841 times
Does the dot mean you got a DUI?

Old 06-18-2014, 03:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,786 times
Quote:
Yes mine has a black dot. I don't like it. What does it mean? Just got it June 2014

Old 12-27-2014, 12:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,203 times
My 2015 SC tag sticker would not peel off the backing. Now have it taped to my tag until I can get time to go to the DMV to get a replacement. The manufacturer apparently failed to put release agent on the backing. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If a significant percentage of taxpayers have encountered this problem, the SC DMV should cancel the contract with the manufacturer.

Old 12-30-2014, 06:38 AM

813 posts, read 1,303,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herb Lanford View Post
My 2015 SC tag sticker would not peel off the backing. Now have it taped to my tag until I can get time to go to the DMV to get a replacement. The manufacturer apparently failed to put release agent on the backing. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If a significant percentage of taxpayers have encountered this problem, the SC DMV should cancel the contract with the manufacturer.
me too, and it's not free to get another replacement (besides the visit to the DOT).

Old 01-01-2015, 04:51 AM

114 posts, read 172,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burr View Post
me too, and it's not free to get another replacement (besides the visit to the DOT).
Actually, if the sticker was defective, it should not cost you. If you have the defective card that the decal came on, show it to the DMV. They should not charge you for that. If they give you any grief, speak with a supervisor. They should waive the $6 replacement fee.

Of course, there's the hassle of actually having to go down there. I'm afraid that is what it is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina