U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 02:08 PM

5 posts, read 5,722 times

Advertisements

Hello!

My family is relocating to Greenwood, SC this summer, and I am searching information to help us with our relocation.

I really want to find a safe neighborhood, as I have seen that there is a crime problem in Greenwood, SC. Is anyone familiar with Brentwood Hills or Pepperhill Neighborhood, the Mill neighborhood or any others? Please let me know your ideas of where it would be safe and where we should avoid at all costs.

Does anyone have experience with the elementary schools in Greenwood, SC? Which ones are good and which ones should we stay away from?

Thank you for your insights!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 02:33 PM

5 posts, read 5,722 times
Does anyone have any advice about Greenwood, SC? I really would welcome advice about areas in Greenwood that are relatively safe. I would love any information about Greenwood that I can get. Thanks!

Old 04-23-2014, 02:45 PM

4,534 posts, read 6,369,007 times
I'm familiar with Greenwood, but haven't lived there in 10 years. I think as long as you stay in the north and northwest areas you should be fine. I think Pepperhill is decent. I'm trying to remember where Brentwood is. What is your price range? Gatewood and Hunter's Creek are 2 of the nicest neighborhoods if it's in your range. Or you can try something like Creekside or Cherokee Hills, not far from Greenwood High School.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:03 PM

19,959 posts, read 18,786,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
I'm trying to remember where Brentwood is.
Brentwood Hills is located off of East Durst Avenue next to Eleanor S. Rice Elementary School.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Brentwood Hills is located off of East Durst Avenue next to Eleanor S. Rice Elementary School.
Ahhh. Rice used to be Oakland Elementary. I know where it is now. I looked at a house there when they were first building the neighborhood. It was pretty nice. I think this is a pretty decent area also.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:17 PM

19,959 posts, read 18,786,557 times
Is it safe to say Greenwood is quickly growing northeast and east toward Coronaca and Lake Greenwood?

Old 04-23-2014, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Is it safe to say Greenwood is quickly growing northeast and east toward Coronaca and Lake Greenwood?
Mostly retirees in that area. The city's growth is to the west or northwest going towards Abbeville. Hwy 72 Bypass area. At least retail wise.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:51 PM

2,530 posts, read 3,054,769 times
Merrywood Elementary and Northside Middle Schools would be nice schools with new buildings on the Northside. Some very nice older neighborhoods around that area and Greenwood High School. Greenwood is a great place to live. High Crime? That's news to me.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:12 AM

2 posts, read 2,339 times
Thumbs down Greenwood

I am from Greenwood, have lived here all of my life. It is a dead end town with corrupt city and county police. I would not move here. I have had my share of problems, etc. and now don't come out of my home and can not stand the police. It's almost as if they have no idea what they are doing!

Old 04-24-2014, 09:16 AM

2 posts, read 2,339 times
If the area next to Rice is so nice, why have there been so many break-ins and murders? Greenwoods crime rate has risen tremendously in the last few years. Pull up the crime rates for Greenwood and you can see for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or