U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-05-2014, 09:26 PM
 
3,200 posts, read 3,892,243 times
Reputation: 750

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
Charlotte was a finalist for Toyota's NA Sales HQ, this is the type of project SC could recruit to the FM area. With SCs incentives, Fort Mill would have been a good area for Toyota. This is the type of project that overlooked SC but the state could land in the right location...........certainly not Anderson.

Toyota to Consolidate U.S. Operations in Texas - WSJ.com
Update......Charlotte finished second for the $300m, 1m sq foot project with roughly 4k jobs. Hate to finish 2nd but this was a big prize. No idea where in the metro this was slated to go. For SC, this would have been a huge prize had it gone to York or Lancaster. Nothing would sell the state more on I77 than seeing a 1m sq foot building with Toyota on top. Having that would make it easier to pitch other similar projects. Hate their cars but the project was great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-05-2014, 09:38 PM
 
1,912 posts, read 2,004,876 times
Reputation: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
Update......Charlotte finished second for the $300m, 1m sq foot project with roughly 4k jobs. Hate to finish 2nd but this was a big prize. No idea where in the metro this was slated to go. For SC, this would have been a huge prize had it gone to York or Lancaster. Nothing would sell the state more on I77 than seeing a 1m sq foot building with Toyota on top. Having that would make it easier to pitch other similar projects. Hate their cars but the project was great.
Yes........you just aint livin unless you can drive down the street and see a massive corporate building to let you know how special your city is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2014, 09:42 PM
 
1,912 posts, read 2,004,876 times
Reputation: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I know what you're getting at, but Charlotte really isn't just a smaller version of Atlanta. The two cities are characteristically different in a couple of ways.
You're right. Im just trying to sound as ignorant as GSP does at times. He has the most massive inferiority complex about his home city for some reason, and has some odd grudge against Charleston for some reason as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2014, 07:00 AM
 
4,536 posts, read 6,372,489 times
Reputation: 1635
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
You're right. Im just trying to sound as ignorant as GSP does at times. He has the most massive inferiority complex about his home city for some reason, and has some odd grudge against Charleston for some reason as well.
It's not just Charleston. He gives it to Greenville much worse and more frequently. He babysits and waits to pounce, using Charlotte to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2014, 08:22 AM
 
26 posts, read 49,058 times
Reputation: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
It's not just Charleston. He gives it to Greenville much worse and more frequently. He babysits and waits to pounce, using Charlotte to do so.
Wow! Why call himself GSP101? Sounds like someone with no life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2014, 08:30 AM
 
1,283 posts, read 2,221,401 times
Reputation: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajones3 View Post
Wow! Why call himself GSP101? Sounds like someone with no life!
He's from Spartanburg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2014, 09:08 AM
 
3,200 posts, read 3,892,243 times
Reputation: 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvillesc View Post
He's from Spartanburg.
Actually, you're wrong. Riverside HS.

You all need to lighten up. Ya'll make sensationalistic comments about Greenville which are misleading and not accurate. If someone points that out, you make sarcastic comments and get mad.

Redcliffe tries to redefine how growth is measured to make Greenville look good, Charleston is the fastest growing SC centered metro by a wide margin. There is not much to dispute that fact. Greenville and Columbia are about even. Now, Charleston is growing partly because of retirees but it counts on the surface numbers.

Carolinajones.....before talking trash about having a life, try to understand rather than taking redcliffe's editorial. He loves Greenville and gets a little annoyed when folks don't see it the same way. Greenville has a nice downtown, no question. But, to extrapolate that into a region being a great place to live is off base. Planners and architects love to point out Greenville as an example, however, outside of the few blocks, the growth is sprawling as much as any place in the country. If someone correctly points that out, taking Charlotte out of the picture, Redcliffe gets defensive and starts calling names or Gville will post the usual sarcastic half truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2014, 11:54 AM
 
Location: Charleston, SC metro
3,518 posts, read 4,388,117 times
Reputation: 1386
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2014, 08:03 PM
 
1,912 posts, read 2,004,876 times
Reputation: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcliffe View Post
It's not just Charleston. He gives it to Greenville much worse and more frequently. He babysits and waits to pounce, using Charlotte to do so.
Which I dont understand....everything good about Charlotte, Greenville has. Without most of the stuff that's bad about Charlotte.


My gut instinct is that he doesn't live in Charlotte. I think he lives in Lancaster, York, or one of those counties, and doesn't like his SC town being overshadowed by the 3 metros in SC, so he latches on to the Charlotte thing to try to position himself in some sort of superior position somehow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-06-2014, 08:06 PM
 
1,912 posts, read 2,004,876 times
Reputation: 865
Why is he knocking Greenville for a little sprawl? I'd LOVE to have a bit more open space, less crowding. Its tourist season in Charleston, and damn, I'm already tired of the crowded roads, parking lots, stores.

I actually envy Greenville area residents, in that they can enjoy a great downtown, but then go home to a suburban area that is much less cramped and actually have a little breathing room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:11 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top