Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 05:57 AM

469 posts, read 761,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebenezer4 View Post
MB is full of transplants from blue states. The very best among us. No blue stater can be a redneck. They are more educated.
At least Myrtle Beach has a Republican mayor and Horry County is solid red while being surrounded by blue counties. Myrtle Beach is the reason Tom Rice (R) was elected to Congress.

Charleston has a Democratic mayor, even though he may be a DINO, and the county went blue in the last two presidential elections. Jim Clyburn (D) represents part of Charleston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 11:27 AM

3,591 posts, read 4,354,507 times
My issue with Graham isn't whether he's conservative enough. I actually like a candidate that is willing to find compromises as this my way or the highway stances are getting us no where and allowing those few who are willing to compromise run the country.

Graham's unerring support of the NSA's spying program is just to far for me. That gov over-reach must come to a stop.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:52 PM

10,113 posts, read 10,967,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
CarolinaWoman

All we left wingers know Haley will be re-elected even when I doubt many of us will vote for her.

Same with Graham.
I am a middle of the road winger. I did not vote for Haley the first time around but I will vote for her this time. Some of the things she has done is fine with me and other things I don't agree with her on.

I have no use whatsoever for Graham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsNull View Post
My issue with Graham isn't whether he's conservative enough. I actually like a candidate that is willing to find compromises as this my way or the highway stances are getting us no where and allowing those few who are willing to compromise run the country.

Graham's unerring support of the NSA's spying program is just to far for me. That gov over-reach must come to a stop.
We need to dump Graham and it has to be done in the June 2014 primary or we are going to be stuck with him for six more years. The primary usually has a poor voter turnout. If people want to see a new name on the November ballot they have to get out and vote in June.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaWoman View Post
I am a middle of the road winger. I did not vote for Haley the first time around but I will vote for her this time. Some of the things she has done is fine with me and other things I don't agree with her on.

I have no use whatsoever for Graham.

We need to dump Graham and it has to be done in the June 2014 primary or we are going to be stuck with him for six more years. The primary usually has a poor voter turnout. If people want to see a new name on the November ballot they have to get out and vote in June.
The issue with the primary for Graham is his oppenents are running against his not being conservative enough. I don't need/want someone more conservative. As both sides continue to move to polar opposites without any desire for negotiation, those willing to move from the polar extremes to a position of compromise are the people who actually end up having the largest say in the direction of the country. The polar ideologues pretty much nullify each other.

Show me the fiscal conservative, social libertarian, that will champion strengthening and protecting real privacy rights.. I'm all in. Show me someone more conservative and unwilling to compromise then I might as well stay with Graham.. not because I want to... but because it's the lesser of two evils.

Heck I would vote for a true independent if I could feel comfortable with where they stand on the issues and are willing to be a true independent and not vote with a party block.

Heck I'd support a Democrat if I agreed with a majority of their views AND would believe they wouldn't vote with the Democrat party block...

Tired of politicians just voting party... pushing lobby sponsored bills... adding junk riders to bills...

Would love to see term limits and built in expiration dates on laws so they have to be re-evaluated and re-approved every so many years..

Old 04-29-2014, 06:47 AM

A friend shared something the other day I thought was pretty good...

Quote:
I would support a candidate who's platform is: I want gay married couples to be able to protect their marijuana plants with guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina