Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 08:56 AM

45 posts, read 48,552 times

Advertisements

Election 2014: South Carolina Governor - Rasmussen Reports™
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2014, 09:51 AM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times
Some things will always be the same!

Old 04-19-2014, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
Some things will always be the same!
You really want to argue Obama at the state level in Sheheen is better than Haley? I figured you Democrats would have some humility by now given the state of the economy and opposition to Obamacare.

You guys will be losing a lot of governor seats and Congressional seats this year.

Maybe the problem is Democrat policies, not the voters.

Last edited by ACFlora; 04-19-2014 at 10:14 AM..

Old 04-19-2014, 10:15 AM

You need to accept the fact that not everyone supports the same politicians you do, Francis! As long as our roads are being ignored by DOT I will not vote for anyone currently in office, any office. You'll have to find someone else to argue with.

Old 04-19-2014, 10:20 AM

Quote:
You need to accept the fact that not everyone supports the same politicians you do, Francis! As long as our roads are being ignored by DOT I will not vote for anyone currently in office, any office. You'll have to find someone else to argue with.
Who is Francis?

I don't want to argue with you. You aren't important and you are a minority in this state. You can pretend your politics are a majority on this website if that is what gets you off. I don't remember our roads being paved with gold when we had a Democrat govenor prior to Sanford. I would say both our roads and our DMV have greatly improved under Sanford and Haley.

You understand tax revenue is down in SC because of the horrible national economy, right? Actually, I know you don't understand that. BUt you shouldn't expect everything to be perfect in a Great Depression because less people working means less income tax payers which obivously means less tax revenue. Your Golden Goose doesn't exist right now. Electing a job killing anti-business anti-economic growth Democrat isn't going to increase tax revenue in our state.

I don't see where all the bad roads are in SC. You need to travel the country some and get some perspective. I suggest driving around in PA/ NJ/ NY (blue states with high taxes) for a week. When a small government conservative is defending the roads in SC, it is because they are good enough. I obviously have no problem criticizing government when it is warranted. lol

I personally support a huge Welcome Tax on transplants to SC as they are the ones who put strain on our roads yet complain about them all the time. They should take personal responsiblity for it and put their money where their mouth is. I bet you wouldn't have wanted to pay a 5000 dollar Welcome Tax though to pay for the new roads and schools to support you and other transplants. You think long term residents are supposed to pay the majority of the costs of you coming here.

Last edited by ACFlora; 04-19-2014 at 11:09 AM..

Old 04-19-2014, 11:10 AM

14,249 posts, read 14,740,927 times
A standing Republican Governor would have to screw up big time to lose to a Democratic challenger.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACFlora View Post
I don't want to argue with you.
Sure, you do, that's why you continued to type 3+ paragraphs more after stating that! I've got better things to do today than argue with you. You've been outed AGAIN Francis!

Old 04-19-2014, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
A standing Republican Governor would have to screw up big time to lose to a Democratic challenger.
Not necessarily, if the Democrat was truly a conservative on most issues and could get to the right of the REpublican on issues. Sheheen is pretending like crazy he's a conservative and nobody appears to be buying it so far.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Sure, you do, that's why you continued to type 3+ paragraphs more after stating that! I've got better things to do today than argue with you. You've been outed AGAIN Francis!
I think you are seeing things again. There is no Francis here.

Ok. You've got more important things to do. LIke complain on the internet, for example, about non-issues. lol

I'm not arguing with you. I'm informing you. You don't live in the real world and you don't consider the costs of anything. I do. You can't debate with me so there is no argument. lol This is about a level of playing field as a debate with my kids. I'm going to dominate just by showing up.

If the roads suck so bad in SC, why do people like you move down here? Obviously "good" roads are important to you. Nobody forced you to pick SC to relocate to. My question is rhetorical, no answer is wanted or needed. lol Some people are just constant malcontents and there will be no pleasing them.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:26 AM

6,830 posts, read 16,565,096 times
Rasmussen is biased towards the right. This will be a very close election. Haley is a joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina