Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2014, 10:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,066 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I'm a single 25 year old gal looking for some words of advice- the good, the bad, and the ugly please! I've researched a bit about the Beaufort area and I'm falling MADLY in love with it. I'm currently residing in Dayton, Ohio and am suffering from a deep, irresistible yearning to move and start fresh; specifically in a beautiful, soul fulfilling, southern town. I've been fighting the urge for a year now and I just now opened the floodgates to start looking into places and am overwhelmed. I have $3000 saved as of right now and am looking to make the move within six months after I get a vehicle. I potentially have a place to live with a friend who has a spare room in Ports Royal- she's already so in tune with the southern hospitality she's been receiving for months and I'm super grateful she offered her house up to me. I have my registered nursing degree but would have to take state boards down there to be licensed, but before that I would absolutely need a job. What's the market like in that area? I'm completely comfortable with the restaurant area because I put myself through school serving/bartending four years straight at a restaurant in my town. I looked into apartments quickly the other day and saw high recommendations about The Preserve at Port Royal- any opinions on these? Are there any neighborhoods I should avoid looking into if I do need an apartment? Also, feel free to chime in about anything else you feel I should know or look into. I'm going to soak everything up like a sponge, I'm so excited for a potential fresh start!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 04:57 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,717,749 times
The fact that you will have a base (friend with a spare room) to start from is a major help. The fact that you are willing/wanting/excited/single and can do such says go for it now.

The "details" can always be paid attention to at a later time.

Ya'll will love the SC coast. We can argue over ya'll being singular or plural later.........LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
View detailed profiles of: