Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 08:23 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,410,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSP101 View Post
No, you just have no idea what you are talking about, your posts are actually funny. We aren't laughing at you.......no, we are.
Oh, you REALLY got me there

So, you still think Toyota put no effort into researching the county directly neighboring Mecklenburg? If you are right, then:

- Toyota really wasn't that serious about considering Charlotte metro/Mecklenburg (but they were)
or
- Toyota is run by a bunch of idiots, seeing as how such an incredible opportunity was, literally, right under them and they missed it.

OH or one last possibility: You're just wrong haha.

Of the 3...I'd guess the last one is most accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 08:36 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,612,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Oh, you REALLY got me there

So, you still think Toyota put no effort into researching the county directly neighboring Mecklenburg? If you are right, then:

- Toyota really wasn't that serious about considering Charlotte metro/Mecklenburg (but they were)
or
- Toyota is run by a bunch of idiots, seeing as how such an incredible opportunity was, literally, right under them and they missed it.

OH or one last possibility: You're just wrong haha.

Of the 3...I'd guess the last one is most accurate.
Sure, whatever you say. we have all been impressed with your ability to understand complex business situations, I am sure folks are lining up to hire you as a consultant.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
In the best years, Charleston gets 14k, a lot of which are retirees looking to pay almost no taxes in SC.

Vacationers.....Charleston. It has the beach and is marketed as a vacation destination.

Magazines like to publish lists which get the locals excited but it is driven by many factors not related to core data. Besides, magazine subscriptions are not representative of the population.
Haha, keep marching to your same tired tune.

Fox Business:
Charleston is a top 10 growing mid-size metro for software industries and occupation
Charleston ranks 5th in the US for high tech industry output
Charleston has a higher share of tech-jobs than Austin, TX.
Charleston is a top 10 metro for job recovery and economic growth
Don't believe me, believe Fox Bueinss: How Charleston's Charm Is Growing a Startup Scene | Fox Small Business Center

Sounds like Charleston is truly a place you can have it ALL!! Beautiful beaches, high scale restaurants, tremendous outdoors activity, high-tech jobs, history, culture, arts, a livid walkable nightlife downtown every night of the week, aerospace jobs, and did I mention the insanely beautiful and numerous women? And heck, if you truly need a big city experience and a pro football, baseball or basketball game, Atlanta is a mere 4 hour drive away, an easy weekend trip for some major city life.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Sure, whatever you say. we have all been impressed with your ability to understand complex business situations, I am sure folks are lining up to hire you as a consultant.
So which is it?

- Toyota was never really serious about Mecklenburg County anyway
- Toyota missed a huge opportunity right under their noses and to this day have never looked at the neighboring counties of Mecklenburg, and thus, confirming their company is run by idiots
- Or last, but not least, you're just wrong

Im not a consultant, and don't pretend to be. But its common freakin' sense. For you to think a company that big, and that successful, is THAT BLIND is just humerous.

Oh, and yeah, former Gov Sanford DID push hard to get Boeing. Which again shows you going in circles. As I said....IF SC were to pursue a company, it will be to one of the 3 main metros, since almost all our politicians of influence are from there. Sanfords roots are in Charleston. He pushed Charleston to Boeing (not York).

Old 05-27-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Maybe he means "visitors" vs "tourists". With all the conventions, ball games, and car races, and business conferences, Im sure the city does have a lot of visitors. But it isn't a "destination" city. Its a city you go to because something is happening there, but otherwise, you wouldn't go to that city. Charleston is a city you go to...because of the city itself.

Big difference.
....it is a city you go to because something is happening there. Imagine that, people visit paces where things are happening as opposed to Aiken SC where nothing happens. Isn't that what i have been saying, there is a lot happening in Charlotte, finally you get it.... So much so that we attract over 3x the number of people that Charleston gets without a beach. But, with precision, you are wrong yet again. Folks also visit our museums such as the world class Bechtler or Mint. They visit the many performing arts Venues with performances only shown in Charlotte for the Carolinas or as Charleston posters have said, for concerts or shopping that Chareston lacks. and yes, people visit for business, sporting events, conventions etc....

Charleston is visited primarily because of the beach, not necessarily to shop King St. And, actually Charlotte is a destination city for people to live and visit.

Old 05-27-2014, 08:58 PM

2,312 posts, read 2,958,651 times
OHHHHH duh.... the airport, that's where Charlotte's numbers come from

Old 05-27-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Haha, keep marching to your same tired tune.

Fox Business:
Charleston is a top 10 growing mid-size metro for software industries and occupation
Charleston ranks 5th in the US for high tech industry output
Charleston has a higher share of tech-jobs than Austin, TX.
Charleston is a top 10 metro for job recovery and economic growth
Don't believe me, believe Fox Bueinss: How Charleston's Charm Is Growing a Startup Scene | Fox Small Business Center

Sounds like Charleston is truly a place you can have it ALL!! Beautiful beaches, high scale restaurants, tremendous outdoors activity, high-tech jobs, history, culture, arts, a livid walkable nightlife downtown every night of the week, aerospace jobs, and did I mention the insanely beautiful and numerous women? And heck, if you truly need a big city experience and a pro football, baseball or basketball game, Atlanta is a mere 4 hour drive away, an easy weekend trip for some major city life.
LOL....higher share of tech jobs than Austin? You have 5k IT jobs and you Think you are comparable to Austin?

I'll make it easy, BofA has more tech jobs in Charlotte than the entire Charleston tech sector. And, the startups, talk to hem in a year when they are starting up another online marketing company disquised as tech. FUND good read is the Silican Harbor website listing tech companies with 1 employee.

Nice try......but, if it is so great, why are you posting so much.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
OHHHHH duh.... the airport, that's where Charlotte's numbers come from
Don't be silly, the airport numbers are a different set.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
....it is a city you go to because something is happening there. Imagine that, people visit paces where things are happening as opposed to Aiken SC where nothing happens. Isn't that what i have been saying, there is a lot happening in Charlotte, finally you get it.... So much so that we attract over 3x the number of people that Charleston gets without a beach. But, with precision, you are wrong yet again. Folks also visit our museums such as the world class Bechtler or Mint. They visit the many performing arts Venues with performances only shown in Charlotte for the Carolinas or as Charleston posters have said, for concerts or shopping that Chareston lacks. and yes, people visit for business, sporting events, conventions etc....

Charleston is visited primarily because of the beach, not necessarily to shop King St. And, actually Charlotte is a destination city for people to live and visit.
Haha....

Friend A says to Friend B "Lets go to Charlotte this weekend"
Friend B says "Why?...is something going on?"

Friend A says to Friend B "Lets go to Charleston this weekend"
Friend B says "Yeah, ok, that sounds fun!"

People need a reason to visit Charlotte. A specific reason, an event. Charleston? Nah, they just go. They know something worth doing will always be there.

I'd never go to Charlotte without a specific event that is occurring there.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:02 PM

2,312 posts, read 2,958,651 times
Quote:
LOL....higher share of tech jobs than Austin? You have 5k IT jobs and you Think you are comparable to Austin?

I'll make it easy, BofA has more tech jobs in Charlotte than the entire Charleston tech sector. And, the startups, talk to hem in a year when they are starting up another online marketing company disquised as tech. FUND good read is the Silican Harbor website listing tech companies with 1 employee.

Nice try......but, if it is so great, why are you posting so much.
You are posting more than anyone.... and this isn't even a forum for your city/state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina