Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 07:43 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,609,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Break Down View Post
lol BMW put an assembly plant near Greenville. But our failing American auto industry would never consider it, per our Government Appreciation grad out of SC.

the auto design field is such a small sector that it could never be a big lift to any local economy. Most of the auto jobs are on the assembly side, not in design.
failing.......have you seen GM's balance sheet lately? Ford has record profits. GM is making record profits not counting the write down they did in Q2 related to paying for the extortion from law firms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 07:44 PM

3,200 posts, read 4,609,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledmonkey View Post
Saying the auto industry is failing is rather odd seeing as it's been improving since the recession ended.
He is an out of work engineer from Clemson, he does not understand financial statements...or the economy or.....you get the idea.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:46 PM

2,306 posts, read 2,954,615 times
Kinda makes me wonder what kind of engineer, from what I've seen Engineering should be easy to find a job for considering the improving economy.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:47 PM

2,306 posts, read 2,954,615 times
Quote:
lol, didn't they receive a bailout? When an industry is taking taxpayer money to survive, it is failing.
you're living in the past aren't you?

Old 08-31-2014, 07:51 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,843,640 times
Quote:
lol, didn't they receive a bailout? When an industry is taking taxpayer money to survive, it is failing.
Do you remember when the bailout was? Guess not. Ford is having record sales and profit.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Can't you find somebody else to talk to on here? Or at Clemson? 17000-1800 thousand kids your age right there. Why would you want to talk to some ole man on the internet. lol I get that I'm cool and funny and all but still. Some of those CLmeson girls have to be pretty cute.
Why would you even come on here and comment? Plenty of people in Greenville to talk to.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
lol. fair enough

Would you believe me if I said I come on here for intellectual stimulation?
No I wouldn't because there is nothing intellectual about what happens when you come on.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Ok, well I have been breaking my new policy about not talking to minors on here. At least ones who don't get me.

It is kind of weird for a 36 year old to talk to 16-17 year olds on the internet. Next thing I'll know some minor , liberal kid who doesn't like my politics will be accusing me of some kind of plot to lure them somewhere and do bad things. Last thing I need. lol
You're just mad because you never seem to win a debate when I come on.

You seem to have dumb ways to try and get out of a debate.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:10 PM

ICAR is just not as successful as you say it is.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I never commented on its success or agreed with GSP's phony definition of what its success should be. I don't think a corporate non-engineer in Charlotte or a 16 year kid in Columbia really judge and jury on ICAR or much of anything. lol

ICAR, and a few other things, like BMW, I hear more about on this website than in my daily life in Greenville. This website and what is talked about isn't mainstream, so to speak.

I've noticed GSP's rants about Greenville are almost always based on an article in the GSA business magazine. lol He's not even coming up with original stuff. He never discloses his source either, makes it seem like he came up with it on his own.
You do know that this website has a common interests among the people on here.

Even though he will usually post a link to the article he got his information from.

Actually you did comment on it a lot. I had to laugh when you tried to put down Innovista. I would have that ICAR would have been much more successful as much stuff seems to be going on there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina