Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 04:24 AM

752 posts, read 1,479,073 times

Advertisements

What of the man who was arrested in Latta, SC with a .357 magnum gun? (This man was arrested in 1977 there for suspected DUI and the gun with filed-off serial number was found with him). Since the Sumter Does case was still fairly fresh, and given the circumstances, police confiscated that .357 and had it tested by bullistics experts: it proved to be THE actual gun that killed the two In Sumter county the previous summer. Unfortunately, supposedly due to insufficient evidence, that man was never charged with the murders, though those close to the case were HIGHLY suspicious of him (I believe his name was Lonnie George Henry and he has been dead for some years now).

As for the two Sumter does: who thinks they were drug runners?
I have long thought their murders were either due to robbery of personal property or they were killed for some reason associated with drug running, though of course I'm open to other suggestions.

Last edited by Austin023; 04-24-2017 at 04:26 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 06:58 AM

752 posts, read 1,479,073 times
And I'll add: this Lonnie Henry was from NC at the time of arrest in Latta, which was in late 1976. The .357 was found in his car at time of arrest. While the serial number was defaced, it was still recoverable by forensics and thus traced from its original owner, thru at least s couple after that and then to Mr. Henry, who claimed he knew nothing of the August killings.
A man from Wadesboro, NC, which newspapers described as being a former owner of the gun in question, was looked at by the authorities and it was felt he at least knew more of the gun and the murders than he let on, though there was nothing to actually connect him, or Mr. Henry, to those killings. That's perhaps why no charges were brought. Though it was felt they knew more than they were admitting to. (Both men had solid alibis for the date of the murders).

I have felt the unusual dental work, plus the mans fairly expensive watch and ring, would be important clues in this case.

This link is to a newspaper article on the case, from October 1994:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...77+latta&hl=en

Last edited by Austin023; 04-24-2017 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: Addition of link
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina