Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 11:15 PM

13,495 posts, read 37,333,855 times

Advertisements

there just isn't any solid ground for believing in religion at this point, and if you do, then you are probably a sheep and lack basic scientific knowledge about the origin of the universe.//Unquote

Ok guess I'm a sheep who lacks basic scientific knowledge.

Cole, I thought your post was fine and I really enjoyed it and I'm a Yankee.

Old 01-02-2007, 01:21 AM

9 posts, read 28,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsjoe View Post
The North/South argument is so OLD. It's usually Southern's starting it. You never hear West Coaster's starting this crap. They must have better things to do.
Hmmm, I was just checking out the Alabama forum and I found an interesting thread that you started where you were calling people rednecks. What a hypocrite you are.

Last edited by zenny; 01-02-2007 at 02:03 AM..

Old 01-02-2007, 06:20 PM

25 posts, read 37,171 times
Wink The war has been over a long time now.

Us Yankees won the war. That's why the north rules. And that's all there is to say.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:25 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,706,298 times
I don't see anything wrong with native South Carolinians not wanting to have people with attitudes like jetsjoe or chinenjim either moving to or continuing to reside in their home state.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:54 PM

101 posts, read 314,330 times
Unhappy Amazing...

You know I guess it really amazes me. I assume people go on the Internet and boards such as these because there bored? Enjoying talk to strangers? Enjoy other views? I'm not sure. But on this board it seems to be the enjoyment of fighting with strangers over the most petty things in life. I think about most people coming home from work and wanting to relax, spend time with there family, watch the tube. I guess these days 'fighting with strangers' on the Internet is included in those common activities.

Aren't most people's (Southerners, Northeners, West & East Coasters all) lives difficult enough? Filled with enough negativity? It is harder now then ever for college grads to get a good job, afford a home either single or married, make ends meet, raise a family, stay safe? I guess it is not until you are reminded how hard life can be. How much suffering there is in this world? The feeling of a closest love one 'hanging on for life, literally'.

I truly, truly hope everyones lives on this board maintain where they have the free time to fight and talk crap over locations. Just remember, where ever everyone is, there is SO much worse that can be happening than disagreeing with a COMPLETE STRANGER on the Internet about where they and there loved ones live! And please, maybe one less post or 5 minutes of surfing the net today, spend it in a positive way with the real loved ones in your life.

Old 01-02-2007, 08:39 PM

9 posts, read 35,807 times
Quote:
The North/South argument is so OLD. It's usually Southern's starting it. You never hear West Coaster's starting this crap. They must have better things to do.
I am amazed that your last post on page 16 talks about living positively and then I find this post of yours JETSJOE! Wow!

I've only been part of this forum for about 2 weeks now and I guess I didn't know what I was getting into. I'm so ecstatically happy to live in this multicultural capitol of the world, I could care less about segregation (the way you've outlined it) and more about how we should assimilate. I'm so happy to be part of these United States, am from New Hampshire and absolutely love to visit other parts of this country and took rebel, yankee, confederte, union out of my vocabulary looooooooooong ago. I don't believe for a moment that the West is better than anyone because they have better things to do either. None of us are "better or worse" than anyone else in the this county. This land is your land, this land is my land, well, you get the drift. Now, stop segregating by geographic area; assimilate and enjoy living, genuinely, not falsely. You'll get so much more out of life if you do, promise!

Old 01-02-2007, 08:43 PM

553 posts, read 2,325,216 times
Default where did you natives go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBsunny View Post
After reading these posts for several weeks, I am convinced that there are no longer any natives in South Carolina, or North Carolina. It appears to me that they have all been driven out by yankees. And all the yankees can do nothing but moan and complain about everything that is lacking in the Carolinas. I think that all you yankees should just GO BACK UP NORTH and leave us in peace.
If that's the case, where did all of you natives go? North? LOL

Old 01-02-2007, 08:45 PM

553 posts, read 2,325,216 times
[quote=NHNATIVE;245003]I am amazed that your last post on page 16 talks about living positively and then I find this post of yours JETSJOE! Wow!

I've only been part of this forum for about 2 weeks now and I guess I didn't know what I was getting into. I'm so ecstatically happy to live in this multicultural capitol of the world, I could care less about segregation (the way you've outlined it) and more about how we should assimilate. I'm so happy to be part of these United States, am from New Hampshire and absolutely love to visit other parts of this country and took rebel, yankee, confederte, union out of my vocabulary looooooooooong ago. I don't believe for a moment that the West is better than anyone because they have better things to do either. None of us are "better or worse" than anyone else in the this county. This land is your land, this land is my land, well, you get the drift. Now, stop segregating by geographic area; assimilate and enjoy living, genuinely, not falsely. You'll get so much more out of life if you do, promise![/QUOTE
I agree! Can't we all just get along?

Old 01-02-2007, 09:11 PM

9,589 posts, read 27,706,298 times
I too am surprised about jetsjoe's post about being positive. I'd previously thought that bashing the southern states was one of his favorite passtimes.

I personally don't think there's anything wrong with the labels yankee, rebel, confederate, union etc. because for me they don't have to be negative. To me they're kinda like saying "dude", "valley-girl" or a big guy with a nickname among friends like "Tiny". But I understand what your getting at NH Native.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:20 PM

9 posts, read 28,700 times
Quote:
You know I guess it really amazes me. I assume people go on the Internet and boards such as these because there bored? Enjoying talk to strangers? Enjoy other views? I'm not sure. But on this board it seems to be the enjoyment of fighting with strangers over the most petty things in life. I think about most people coming home from work and wanting to relax, spend time with there family, watch the tube. I guess these days 'fighting with strangers' on the Internet is included in those common activities.

Aren't most people's (Southerners, Northeners, West & East Coasters all) lives difficult enough? Filled with enough negativity? It is harder now then ever for college grads to get a good job, afford a home either single or married, make ends meet, raise a family, stay safe? I guess it is not until you are reminded how hard life can be. How much suffering there is in this world? The feeling of a closest love one 'hanging on for life, literally'.

I truly, truly hope everyones lives on this board maintain where they have the free time to fight and talk crap over locations. Just remember, where ever everyone is, there is SO much worse that can be happening than disagreeing with a COMPLETE STRANGER on the Internet about where they and there loved ones live! And please, maybe one less post or 5 minutes of surfing the net today, spend it in a positive way with the real loved ones in your life.
Where did this post come from? LOL. So positive.

Let me clear a few things up for you jetsjoe, I am not a North hater, maybe you assumed that and that's why the earlier posts seemed so venomous. Places like Maine, Massachusetts and New York(I love NY accents) have carved out their own culture and identity and that is what I love about America, the differences. When I want to go to Italy, I don't want to see a bunch of British people there and I feel the same way about America. I don't think that it is wrong to say that. Peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina