U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 09:19 AM

7,523 posts, read 3,933,942 times

Advertisements

i would find it weird if I went into a public restroom and a female was in there. I would imagine most women would be uncomfortable with a male in a female restroom. I would probably never use a restroom again if I saw a female in there.

I wonder if these businesses who have made threats to leave SC allow men to go into female restrooms at their companies.

Would the transgendered people have to identify that they are transgendered in some way?

It seems to if you are born with a male body, you are a male, if you are born with female body, you are a female, even if you think you are the opposite or want to be the opposite.

Per this article Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist: Transgender is, Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former pyschiatrist in chief at John Hopkins hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder.

It seems like physicians would need to establish without doubt that transgenderism is not a mental disorder before we even consider allowing transgenders to use the opposite restrooms.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 04-07-2016 at 09:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 09:47 AM

31 posts, read 19,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
i would find it weird if I went into a public restroom and a female was in there. I would imagine most women would be uncomfortable with a male in a female restroom. I would probably never use a restroom again if I saw a female in there.

I wonder if these businesses who have made threats to leave SC allow men to go into female restrooms at their companies.

Would the transgendered people have to identify that they are transgendered in some way?

It seems to if you are born with a male body, you are a male, if you are born with female body, you are a female, even if you think you are the opposite or want to be the opposite.
There is a clear difference between a transgender/transsexual person verses a transvestite/cross dresser. Once you know the definition of each then you can speak more knowledgeable on the subject, I'm hoping because from your comments, you clearly don't know the differences.

Old 04-07-2016, 09:49 AM

I do understand the difference. I'm talking about men and women who identify as the opposite sex, not people who dress up as the opposite sex.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:02 AM

15,723 posts, read 9,605,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I do understand the difference. I'm talking about men and women who identify as the opposite sex, not people who dress up as the opposite sex.
You do realize this law now requires female to male transsexuals who have male body parts to use the women's bathroom right? Kind of defeats the purpose. And there is absolutely no way to enforce this since they aren't going to put police at every bathroom checking people's genitals. The law is absolutely stupid.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You do realize this law now requires female to male transsexuals who have male body parts to use the women's bathroom right? Kind of defeats the purpose. And there is absolutely no way to enforce this since they aren't going to put police at every bathroom checking people's genitals. The law is absolutely stupid.
I thought it was about preventing a man who thinks he is a female from using a female restroom, and a female who thinks she is a man from using male restroom. I believe that is what the NC law is establishing.

A real sex change is not possible anyway. Your sex is biological, you are born with it.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:10 AM

31 posts, read 19,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Exactly. So people like Lee Bright are ok with a MAN walking into a woman's restroom just because of a birth certificate which may have female written. It doesn't matter if this person has male genitalia, physique and demeanor. Real smart. This actually opens the door to perverted men who want to rape and pillage women and children much more easily than trans-friendly law if you want to discuss technicalities. Who votes these people in is my question at this point. Doesn't Lee have better things to do with all the corruption running rampart in SC or is he part of it?

Old 04-07-2016, 10:15 AM

you can't have male genitalia and be a male after a surgery if you were born female. it isn't possible. The top pychiatrist at John Hopkins has said so.

I think that only a percentage of transgenders have a sex change operation anyway, that has to be expensive and i don't think insurance plans are gouing to cover it.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:22 AM

From the article that I linked above:

The transgendered person’s disorder, said Dr. McHugh, is in the person’s “assumption” that they are different than the physical reality of their body, their maleness or femaleness, as assigned by nature. It is a disorder similar to a “dangerously thin” person suffering anorexia who looks in the mirror and thinks they are “overweight,” said McHugh.

The pro-transgender advocates do not want to know, said McHugh, that studies show between 70% and 80% of children who express transgender feelings “spontaneously lose those feelings” over time.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:37 AM

3,061 posts, read 1,756,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
And you know this how?
Because I can provide data on Republican elected officials involved in bathroom shenanigans. You have any evidence of transgender bathroom shenanigans?

Old 04-07-2016, 10:40 AM

7,898 posts, read 3,147,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drayb View Post
There is a clear difference between a transgender/transsexual person verses a transvestite/cross dresser. Once you know the definition of each then you can speak more knowledgeable on the subject, I'm hoping because from your comments, you clearly don't know the differences.
Not sure what difference it makes, it's not like there's a package checker at the door of every bathroom asking to see everyone's paperwork to try and differentiate the drag queens from the legally transgendered.
I seriously doubt there's a law in most places telling you can't be a man using the women's restroom now. You don't always need a law to get people to use common sense to avoid an awkward situation. If everyone is screaming at you when you walk into a bathroom, you probably shouldn't be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or