Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 10:51 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,896,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
I'm not getting personal with you.

I'm asking why you are always grading our state and saying we need to improve in x, y and z. If you are going to grade our state and talking about manufacturing, our schools, our leaders, I think it is fair to ask about your background. What is your expertise in making these statements. Just last week, you were grading us on our obesity levels, and you don't even live here and you aren't our physician.

Nobody knows what state you live in. I am assumming there are rooms for improvement in your state, do you talk about your state on these forums?

You always compare SC negatively to other states on the SC forum. This isn't the City vs City forum. SC is not Charlotte, Raleigh, and Atlanta. Everybody understands that.
Yes, you are indeed getting personal, wanting to know details about my personal life based on simply posts I make. It's beyond ridiculous and again, look at my history here and your's. This is what, your 76th screenname? You don't have any room to be talking about anybody's "motivations" or anything of the sort.

I post in various threads here; you have this warped mindset that anything that you're not personally aware of isn't happening or doesn't exist. It's rather sad actually.

Either discuss the issue at hand or move on. This borderline harassment isn't necessary or called for whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 10:55 AM

Oh and stop with the outright lies while you're at it. You edited your post and added: "You stated there is no university-business research, that is not even close to being true." I NEVER said that; I simply said that SC should seek to emulate the German model of public-private partnerships. You can't even comprehend basic English it seems.

Old 05-20-2016, 10:59 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
Why don't you go talk about Germany and business-university collaboration on your state forum? Why are you camped out on the SC forum if you don't live here?

ALmost every post you make on SC forum is you are telling us what we need do better. Why do you think about SC all the time? I think you are here to stir the pot.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Why don't you go talk about Germany and business-university collaboration on your state forum? Why are you camped out on the SC forum if you don't live here?

ALmost every post you make on SC forum is you are telling us what we need do better. Who are you to grade SC? We know nothing about your background.
I have reported you for harassment and hopefully the mods will swiftly ban you for the 89th time like they should have done a long time ago.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:05 AM

Ok, I will live with their decision. I am pointing out that you don't live in SC and yet you are always on here grading our state. I think that you are a troll similar to that eccentric Charlotte person who is obessed with Greenville. In fact, I think you may be him.

If you post comments on here, people should have the right to talk about it. I've asked you to explain what your background in manufacturing, and how you know more about SC than people who live here and people who work in manufacturing.

I think residents of SC have the right to understand your motivation for grading SC all the time and the background and expertise of our grader.

Just last week, you compared a sizable state capital in Alabama, Montgomery, to a very small city in SC. It made no sense at all, and nobody in SC would have made that comparison.

IN the past you have go on for pages about Miami vs Jacksonville on the SC forums. You are talking about Florida cities in the SC forum. It makes no sense.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Ok, I will live with their decision.
No you won't. You'll create yet another screenname in a few days and the cycle will continue....wash, rinse, repeat.

Have a blessed day.

Quote:
I think residents of SC have the right to understand your motivation for grading SC all the time and the background and expertise of our grader.
And you'd think wrong...such an entitlement millenial attitude you have, thinking you're owed something from a complete stranger. Sit down somewhere.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:12 AM

I will note that you never spend any time talking about city developments, answering people's questions about SC, etc because you have little in depth knowledge of SC cities, because you haven't lived in them. Your posts are generally about grading SC on various things, our schools, our job scene, our tax policy, etc.

I talk about SC cities and give advice, etc because I do have knowledge of this state and most of the cities, because I have lived in them.

The website is supposed to be about city data and I think it is important that people who talk about the cities and states have in depth knowledge of them that comes from living in them.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
I will note that you never spend much time talking about city developments, answering people's questions about SC, etc because you have little in depth knowledge of SC cities, because you haven't lived in them.

I talk about SC cities and give advice, etc because I do have knowledge of this state and most of the cities, because I have lived in them.

The website is supposed to be about city data and I think it is important that people who talk about the cities and states have in depth knowledge of them that comes from living in them.
And you'd be wrong about that. I've done so on several occasions, mainly for the places I'm most familiar with. I'm active in the Columbia subforum in particular and am always talking about developments there.

You're clueless dude and I'm done entertaining your ignorance. Congratulations on ruining a perfectly good thread.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:18 AM

Ok.

I am going to put you on my ignore list now, I meant to do it a few days ago. I think that you have an agenda in posting on here. Why not just post on your own city / state forum. Surely you can find some things to grade in your own state. SC doesn't measure up to your standards. Ok. It seems like we are doing ok though. Based on your comments on here, I do not believe you work in manufacturing because you seem to have a disdain for those jobs. So it odd to me that you would be grading SC's manufacturing companies.

I'd like to know what university you went to, and what your occupation is. You talk a lot about education and STEM, etc. If you want to persuade people of something, part of the persuasion should involve explaining your credentials and expertise in the subject matter.

What you do is similar to a person popping up in the Idaho forum all the time to grade the potato farmers and how they can improve, even though the person does not live in Idaho or have expertise in potatoe farming. It is so weird. If I could understand your motivatoin for doing this kind of thing, that would help a lot.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 05-20-2016 at 11:29 AM..

Old 05-20-2016, 11:42 AM

I couldn't care less about what you don't understand or helping you.

Getting back on topic...

It seems to be standard practice these days for the bulk of manufacturing jobs, particularly in production, to be advertised via staffing agencies where workers get no benefits (until they are hired permanently) and the wages pay similar to retail, which was noted in one of the articles I posted earlier. I'd think that many may find service sector jobs more preferable and that also helps to explain the employment gap. There are a few factors at work it seems here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina