Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2008, 06:39 AM

9 posts, read 30,310 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to Vance, SC, in the very near future, and I was hoping some of you could tell me a bit about the area - we visited once and didn't have the best tour guides, so we are a bit clueless as to what the area offers. Advice appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 09:10 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
Smile Vance/O'Burg

I'm sorry no one has responded to you. You might search the forum to see some of the recent posts. I know NOTHING about Vance but the Orangeburg Times and Democrat is online daily and give a good idea of what is available in the area in terms of jobs and housing. Are you moving there for work? Or retirement?.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:30 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
I'm sorry you haven't been responded to either and having just moved to Charleston, SC from coastal Rhode Island and having lived in central Mass as well as the Boston suburbs, I can tell you that Charleston has been everything I expected and more!

Orangeburg looks to be almost equidistant from Charleston as Myrtle Beach is according to a Mapquest Map. I haven't been here long enough to check out all the towns within that big of a radius.

Moderator cut: competitive site removed Homes are VERY affordable there with the average price being just $132k. Also the cost of living is 25% or so less than the national average. It only has a year round population of 13,000+ however . When in the mood for a bigger town/city feel, head to Charleston. You might also want to live in one of the smaller towns nearer to Charleston for various reasons that will become evident. Hope that helps somewhat....

Last edited by Jammie; 02-26-2008 at 09:17 PM.. Reason: Sorry, it's a competitive site so it's not allowed

Old 02-28-2008, 06:41 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,868,193 times
Vance is a really small town, very rural, and really only offers just enough to meet basic needs.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:30 AM

9 posts, read 30,310 times
We are moving there to get away from the cold and to live near my mom who moved there a year ago. My husband is disabled and I will probably work. We just want to live simple, you know? :-)

Old 03-04-2008, 03:35 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,868,193 times
It's definitely an ideal place for simple living.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,597 times
Angry Moving to Vance?

If you plan to move here just to die, it is a good choice.
The most I have see out of Vance in the last 31 years are police movements.
One would think that the use of police "HELP" over the years would cause one to think they are filling the coffers
Of the "TOWN"
The second movement was a park, a rather large area, thinking it would be used by children?
I have stopped there twice! Once in December 2012, then again today. In December one of the rides that requires all five of the "tricycles" have all five wheels working. One cycles wheel was missing, so that makes the
RIDE useless. Today that same ride was still unrepaired. It was also noted during this visit several other areas were broken, the bottom of the slide had a hole at least one foot deep. Just happened to have a hoe so I filled up the hole with the blue stuff they had used as filler. There are several areas at this park that clearly show this Park has not been Maintained properly. There are several SAFETY hazards that need to be addressed.

If I did not already live in Orangeburg County....I surely would not move ANYWHERE in Orangeburg County.
You are better off moving to Dorchester or Berkely County's...They work to improve everything!

Old 06-23-2013, 08:11 PM

3 posts, read 10,617 times
Moving to Orangeburg would be the biggest mistake that you could possible make, do not move to Orangeburg.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:05 AM

9,519 posts, read 14,743,972 times
This thread is FIVE YEARS OLD. Our junior members decided to revive it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina