Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 01:16 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,221,764 times

Advertisements

Lidl #1126 can be good for basic grocery staples in bulk accompanied by a bakery. It is not where I would purchase fresh produce, meat, and seafood items.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2017, 12:41 PM

696 posts, read 1,334,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinabean View Post
Walked through Lidl Greenwood today. DH and I were impressed with the excellent organic/hormone free food products. Lidl can definitely replace my shopping trips to Aldi all together. I can't think of anything that Aldi offers that is better (to me) than Lidl. The Lidl non-food items did not seem to be a good value (quality) but maybe because I just have that preconception. We were mostly focused on evaluating the quality of the food and that is impressive. I see Lidl replacing a portion of my Publix and Whole Foods shopping trips but not all. I like the fresh juices, Bakery and fresh meat/seafood counters at Whole Foods, which no other Grocery brand provides. Publix locally has a meat and seafood counter, specialty cheese and dairy mix (fresh flowers are better too) that I'll still need. I'm really happy to have a Lidl in the community. My two cents......
We went on the same day. I drove through the parking lot on Thursday and just drove right out. Place was jam packed! Like you I can see it replacing a portion of our shopping needs, but I'll still be getting the majority of my meat and produce from Publix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
View detailed profiles of: