Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2017, 10:31 PM

6,558 posts, read 4,188,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
There is probably racism in every place, why are you focused on the south? I think the answer to that is obvious. It is political.
AND yes, there are racial and other biases in other parts of the country, as well. It is my opinion, and I have seen research to substantiate my opinion, that racial bias is still more prevalent in the south.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 10:33 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,321,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
AND yes, there are racial and other biases in other parts of the country, as well. It is my opinion, and I have seen research to substantiate my opinion, that racial bias is still more prevalent in the south.
Ok, my belief is that assertion is based in your politics.

I also think it is absurd to act like white racism is a major problem in this country at this point in time.

White people in the south pack out stadiums and arenas and watch tv to watch black college athletes play ball.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Ok, my belief is that assertion is based in your politics.
Not true. As I said in an earlier post, I am a registered Independent and have voted for both Republican and Democractic candidates in the past. Can you say the same?

Old 12-31-2017, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Not true. As I said in an earlier post, I am a registered Independent and have voted for both Republican and Democractic candidates in the past. Can you say the same?
I'm not talking about party. Anybody that self describes as a progressive has an ideology. People who call themselves progressives generally see anybody who is not a 'progressive' as being a caveman bigot.

In their worldview, politics is basically a battle between bigots and non-bigots.

I saw you had a recent post on Birmingham suggesting that there is something racist about a nice suburb in Birmingham.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:44 PM

Quote:
I'm not talking about party. Anybody that self describes as a progressive has an ideology. People who call themselves progressives generally see anybody who is not a 'progressive' as being a caveman bigot.

In their worldview, politics is basically a battle between bigots and non-bigots.
I see you won't answer my question. Very telling indeed. I get it now.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:

I saw you had a recent post on Birmingham suggesting that there is something racist about a nice suburb in Birmingham.
Here you go again, misquoting me. I said Mountain Brook was segregated, not diverse, which is a statement of fact.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Here you go again, misquoting me. I said Mountain Brook was segregated, not diverse, which is a statement of fact.
It isn't segregated based on race. Lot of white people can't afford that area.

I didn't misquote you. I didn't quote you at all.

Every place is diverse because every human has unique DNA. We are all minorities of one. You are so focused on race and other group identity stuff.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:52 PM

Quote:
It isn't segregated based on race. Lot of white people can't afford that area.
It IS 97.2% white. If that isn't race segregation, I don't know what is..

Old 12-31-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
It IS 97.2% white. If that isn't race segregation, I don't know what is..
It is based on class, not race. You want to make everything about race.

Obviosly lower income white people don't live in that area. But that fact doesn't fit your race based narrative.

THere is nothing that prevents a wealthy black person from buying a home in that area.

Anyway, this is too negative. Adios.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:56 PM

Quote:
It is based on class, not race. You want to make everything about race.

Obviosly lower income white people don't live in that area. But that fact doesn't fit your race based narrative.
I'm not making it about race. That is a fact just like the fact that family income there is 164k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina