Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2008, 10:20 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,889,602 times

Advertisements

We do hilton head every year..this year is going to be earlier than most...(first week of april)...we are heading down to atlanta first and the swinging over to Hilton head. From the reports..it doesnt look much like "lay by the pool weather yet". Now I am stressed and thinking of comming down again..usually we spend a week, literally just hanging out....aside from the small attractions on the island a day strip to savannah...I dont know of much else to do now.

so the question remains..how cold is it still..and is it remotely at all warm enough to take a dip in the pool or at least sit on the beach? (we usually dont go in the water anyway)--just build sand castles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 11:51 AM

91 posts, read 377,565 times
I believe March has been cool so far. This does not mean April will stay cool as well. Normally early April would have some beach time. Try these links:
Average Weather for Hilton Head Island, SC - Temperature and Precipitation
Trip Planner : Weather Underground
History : Weather Underground
Just copy and paste the links unless they are active (blue)
Chances are actually very good for nice weather

Old 03-21-2008, 12:00 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,313,077 times
Accuweather.com does a 15 day forecast, so they already have predictions through April 4.

AccuWeather.com - Hilton Head, SC - 15 Day Weather Forecast - Local Weather Forecasts (http://www.accuweather.com/forecast3.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=1&zipCh g=1&zipcode=AD299&metric=0 - broken link)

Looks like cool nights at times, but highs between 72 and 81. Might not be bad days for some casual beachgoing.

Old 03-21-2008, 02:36 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,569,580 times
Well just in the past two weeks there have been some swimmers here in Surfside Beach.
Some have been college kids, and some the little tykes........but there was one older man who went out quite far, and dove into a few waves.
Granted the water is mighty cold.........so these are quite dareing and brave souls.
But, I've seen quite a few head into the water and have a grand time.......
During this month, we have sat on the beach and gotten quite tanned.......
Many days the beach are full of people in bathing suits, while some stroll by in jeans and a jacket. So it depends on your liking I guess.
I think you will have a great time.........Most likely the weather should be good.
Sometimes that is a bit of luck. We had a bad week in DE on the third week of July last year..............ya' just never know.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:57 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,851,474 times
I was driving around alot today & saw several people laying poolside in various communities. There were many folks walking the beach, too. It hit around 68 in Pawleys today (always nice in the sun!) & I am sure it was even warmer in HH.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:52 PM

13,321 posts, read 22,569,580 times
Oh Great..........Today there were quite a few swimmers. YES, ..........
The sun was wonderful. All the windows and doors were open, and still are.
The beach was quite full of people enjoying the long Easter weekend for sure.......

Old 03-22-2008, 06:42 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,557,657 times
If today is any indication for the next few weeks, then it should be perfect beach weather!! Really it depends on how much you want to get into the water. I don't get into the water usually unless I am hot so it is PERFECT for just laying out. The water will still be quite cool for a few more weeks though.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:13 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,475,443 times
It was gorgeous today, though I'm sure the water is still too cold to take a dip.

Old 03-23-2008, 12:22 PM

1,696 posts, read 8,851,474 times
I was very surprised how many people were in the water yesterday! The water temp is at 63 degrees... still a little chilly for me!

This about the temperature that the fishing starts to kick up. Large increase at the number of boats & fishermen out & about this weekend, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina