Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2020, 07:45 PM

5,686 posts, read 4,594,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I never said you can't post on this topic. You have no affiliation with Clemson yet you posted this story.

I'm accurately pointing out why you posted this story. You were trying to tweak me so I'm tweaking you back.

You live in the large city of Austin but have not mentioned 44 students being infected near you yet you are posting about students having a party in the rural town of Clemson hundreds of miles away from you. This is a humorous contradiction.

None of those Clemson students have tested positive for the virus that I know of. Clemson people have incredible hygiene and antibodies.

Why would I post in a Clemson thread about UT students going to Mexico? That makes no sense. It was discussed in the Austin board and has been well covered in the local media.

I have a lot of affiliation with Clemson. Probably half of my high school class went there. I have many friends who went to Clemson.

This thread is titled Clemson University developments. Other people have posted non-building stories about the school. For some reason you have chosen that I am not allowed to do so.

Try to lighten up. You've now taken this thread completely off topic. I didn't do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2020, 08:08 PM

10,106 posts, read 7,316,943 times
The guy who came to the Greenville forum to insult me when I recommended an orthodontist for dental work and has consistently made negative comments about me instructs me to lighten up. You ridiculed me for having braces. How can that be described as anything but anti-social behavior. You are like the bully kid on the Simpsons. That was basically your only post on the Greenville forum.

I have never said you are not allowed to post on here. You are complaining about me pointing out you are a SC fan and you are not posting about college kids violating distancing guidelines anywhere else but Clemson including a large university in your city. Austin is hundreds of miles from the small rural town of Clemson which is even more rural right now with most of the kids out of town.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 04-11-2020 at 08:28 PM..

Old 04-11-2020, 08:31 PM

5,686 posts, read 4,594,193 times
Hahaha.

Old 04-21-2020, 06:34 PM

Clemson basketball has offered Dikembe Mutombo's son. Pairing him with the good big man out of SC coming in this year would be formidable assuming he is as good on defense as papa bear.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/recr...r-center-35367

Old 05-10-2020, 09:46 AM

I was able to walk the dikes at Clemson yesterday. The parking lot behind the boathouse and the two parking lots on 93 are closed but the dikes are accessible from the golf course parking lot. The golf course is also open and I believe they announced the botanical gardens are open.

Downtown was popping for May, a good number of people were eating outside and sidewalk shopping.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:36 PM

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...sc/3014284001/

Status of Clemson on and off campus developments at the link

The new College of Business building construction wraps up this summer.

Lil ol Clemson currently ranked 3rd in country in football recruiting for 2021. https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Fo...eTeamRankings/

Old 05-22-2020, 06:08 PM

From Clemson's website:

'The Clemson Experimental Forest (CEF) continues to recover and repair damage due to the recent storms and EF-3 tornado. In addition to Fants Grove, the CEF will be opening the the Issaqueena Lake Recreation Area, Waldrop Stone, and Todd Creek areas to the general public effective immediately.'

'Due to the recent EF-3 tornado and related weather events, crews are working daily to ensure all roads and trails are clear and free of damaged or downed trees from the recent storms. Keowee Heights/Doyle Bottom Rd will remain closed due to recovery efforts. When this area is cleared and deemed safe, announcements will be made regarding the opening of this area.'

Old 05-28-2020, 07:55 PM

Dabo took a lot of grief several weeks ago from the lovable sports media for his optimistic assertion that college football would be back in the fall.

looks like he might be right.

Old 06-12-2020, 12:01 PM

6,476 posts, read 6,384,440 times
https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ge/5341257002/

John C Calhoun's name has been removed from the Honors College, and next they're trying to remove Tillman's name and rename it "Old Main", which is the original name. No idea what it may be renamed too, but I suggest Harvey Gantt. And others may not agree, but Tillman has to go. He held the entire state back from progress because of his racist hatred.

Old 06-12-2020, 01:24 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,010,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ge/5341257002/

John C Calhoun's name has been removed from the Honors College, and next they're trying to remove Tillman's name and rename it "Old Main", which is the original name. No idea what it may be renamed too, but I suggest Harvey Gantt. And others may not agree, but Tillman has to go. He held the entire state back from progress because of his racist hatred.
Clemson grad here (Masters degree).

This is a slippery slope. Next on the leftist agenda is renaming the Strom Thurman Institue.

After that there will be demands to remove the name "Clemson"....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina