Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 03:11 PM

2 posts, read 10,119 times

Advertisements

Hey! I'm moving from Orangeburg to Florence to attend college ad I was wondering are there any low income apartments down there. I just don't want to stay on, but i don't have a lot of money. So if any one no of any place PLEASE let me know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 09:08 PM

17 posts, read 66,038 times
Ahh the issue of low cost housing in Florence. There isn't any. I'm so sorry to break it to you but the best thing is to find a roommate. Florence is quite proud of their apartments. So much so that I recently had a friend check into section 8 as a last resort and the waiting list was 2 years! The least expensive, decent one bedroom will set you back $525/mo and that doesn't include any utilities or pets. A lot of college students stay at Patriot Place but they have a bad reputation and they are still pretty expensive. I just found my place in October so I have recently done the apartment hunt. I was fortunate and found a private rental.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:17 PM

124 posts, read 335,317 times
One thing you could try is looking in the classifieds in the paper. Morning News - South Carolina Now (SCNow.com)

You may find somewhere like a duplex or apartment for rent at a decent price.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:03 AM

19 posts, read 88,740 times
Default Less Expensive Rental Rates

You're going to love UNA. All three of my children went there.

Since Florence is a college town, a lot of housing in Florence can command higher rent. My suggestion to you, would be to look in the surrounding areas instead of right in Florence. There are many communities less than 30 miles from campus: Sheffield, Tuscumbia, Muscle Shoals, Killen, Center Star, Underwood, Petersville, Leighton, and St. Florian!!!!

Good luck!

Old 04-08-2008, 12:48 AM

21 posts, read 178,060 times
Quote:
You're going to love UNA. All three of my children went there.

Since Florence is a college town, a lot of housing in Florence can command higher rent. My suggestion to you, would be to look in the surrounding areas instead of right in Florence. There are many communities less than 30 miles from campus: Sheffield, Tuscumbia, Muscle Shoals, Killen, Center Star, Underwood, Petersville, Leighton, and St. Florian!!!!

Good luck!
I think that she's talking about moving to Florence, SC, not Florence, AL?

In Florence, you can find lower income housing-- there was a realty group I went to when I first moved here off Coit Street... I didn't pick any of their available rentals, even though they ranged from 100-500 a month (so cheap!), because they weren't in particularly good areas of town. If you walk in there, they have a list of rentals with pricing to make your search easier. Also, today I was looking at another website and there was a home for rent off Darlington Street for 335/mo. So there is reasonably priced housing here, you just have to find it!! Good luck with your housing search!

Old 10-06-2009, 06:16 PM

1 posts, read 6,726 times
Default Looking to relocate in florance south carolina and need info

Hi my name is clemencia minus and i have been to south carolina several times and i love it. i have 2 kids and i wanted to know if they are excepting applications for section 8 housing in south carolina, it really dont hav to be florance, any where. pls email me or call me at 786-317-6682.
Thanks.

Old 10-08-2009, 08:10 AM

71 posts, read 363,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire43221 View Post
I think that she's talking about moving to Florence, SC, not Florence, AL?

In Florence, you can find lower income housing-- there was a realty group I went to when I first moved here off Coit Street... I didn't pick any of their available rentals, even though they ranged from 100-500 a month (so cheap!), because they weren't in particularly good areas of town. If you walk in there, they have a list of rentals with pricing to make your search easier. Also, today I was looking at another website and there was a home for rent off Darlington Street for 335/mo. So there is reasonably priced housing here, you just have to find it!! Good luck with your housing search!

The realty group off of Coit Street (on the corner) is a great option. They have a list they keep updated with homes and small apartments for rent. They are always reasonable. Also, check out Lodge South. I used to live there several years ago. I couldn't offer you any advice on what the cost is or how the community is. Sedgefield Apartment, Patriots Place Apartments (near Francis Marion). Also there are some small apartments off of Palmetto Street near the DMV. And lastly there are some apartments off of Pamplico Highway pass Greenwood Elementary School off to the right. Hope this helps.

I go home to Florence often but I can't really think of the names of everything.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:42 PM

235 posts, read 528,097 times
If you want a cheap but nice apartment, I would try Landmark Woods apartments which is off Cherokee Road, its in town and too far from FMU. Thanks

Old 10-12-2009, 09:17 AM

5 posts, read 23,415 times
I am glad to find this thread.
I am moving over to Darlington, SC and would appreciate any assistance in finding a reasonanably cheap and tidy apartment. Any info on this is gratefully appreciated.

Old 12-17-2009, 10:20 AM

1 posts, read 6,245 times
Default Moving

I'm a Veteran Who currently is wanting to move to Florence or sorrounding area. I would like to know how to apply for section 8 I been given the run arounds please someone out there that is reading this HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thank u
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina