Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 10:38 PM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouje2 View Post
McMaster is in a lot more trouble than many of you realize. I’m _not_ saying Smith’s odds are better than McMaster’s right now, but Smith may have something like a chance in the high 40s or so.

I’ll post the schedule shortly but the primary turnout DOES NOT tell the whole story. In fact, you can do it yourself. Go back to the 2006 and 2010 primaries. You can do this in Wikipedia. You’ll see the Democrats have a MUCH MUCH greater turnout multiple vs the republicans. And their turnout is increasing at a greater rate than the GOP. Dems can do a little worse than their typical multiple and republicans a little better and Dems would squeak by. I’ll post the schedule later.

By the way, gop imo was stupid not to select Warren. Warren would have “offset” Smith’s combat exp because he had it himself. He also wouldn’t have any of the Quinn baggage. He also would have closed off the already tough upstate moreso for Smith. Now it’s midlands person vs midlands person.

By the way, can I just say, what an idiot trump’s trade policy is? And for this state in particular I _jusy_ heard his trade Rep Peter Navarro attack BMW here in SC for merely “assembling” cars and using too many imported parts. What a moron.
I will agree Henry McMaster is in trouble. His performance since his ascension to Governor should have weight in the general election. Being endorsed by the President of the United States of America does not make a candidate better.

I may not agree with James Smith some on his ideas. Ignoring political party affiliation, Smith may be the better candidate for Governor than McMaster is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 01:55 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
What about medical marijuana, it was on the ballot. I voted yes for it.
Medical marijuana actually is polling quite well in South Carolina across both parties.
https://www.independentmail.com/stor...na/1020293001/

Except of course for the upstate, where's it's polling almost the complete opposite of the rest of the state.

Old 07-03-2018, 07:04 AM

37,881 posts, read 41,933,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Medical marijuana actually is polling quite well in South Carolina across both parties.
https://www.independentmail.com/stor...na/1020293001/

Except of course for the upstate, where's it's polling almost the complete opposite of the rest of the state.
A majority of those polled in the Upstate were still in favor (53%) but the number wasn't as high as the rest of the state (60+%).

Old 07-03-2018, 12:46 PM

334 posts, read 625,906 times
If Trump's stupid tariffs go through, so many jobs here will be lost. With many many new jobs in the greenville spartanberg area, and all the houses sold in the past two yrs. ( supply can't keep up with demand, it's a literal housing boom here), many people will have to walk away from homes and we are going to find ourselves in a depression fairly quickly.
In fact, my bet is things are slowing down to a crawl now. Economic fear is enough to crash the market. I'm a little nervous. I hope this is just a Trump ploy, but ?????
All these people who voted for him to expand their wallets are going to be pretty mad I'd guess. I myself, after isolation moves, immigration horrors, and lack of anything done to stop nuts from getting guns... will never vote for another republican again unless it's like the second coming... and even then probably not the first time around.

Old 07-03-2018, 03:50 PM

308 posts, read 469,486 times
Trump is over playing his hand. I feel as if there will be an intense backlash this upcoming election giving Smith the possibility of being elected governor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
View detailed profiles of: