Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2018, 01:38 PM

2 posts, read 1,494 times

Advertisements

Hi! I would like to get some feedback from residents of the Greenville area a few years ago I picked Greenville as our family trip to check it out. Well, we fell in love with it!
I love the South in general and have been planning on moving for some time. I am originally from the Chicago area and certain circumstances brought us to the Upper peninsula of Michigan. We have lived here for almost 15 years and I cannot stand the cold long winters
I feel as if I am a southerner at heart and it's a dream of mine to live there!
Now my only huge concern is, will my daughter have a hard time making friends or be accepted as a new comer in school? That was a huge issue here and she's been in school here her whole life! Because we don't have a certain last name or we are not from the area- she was always treated differently. She is 14 and we'll mannered, compassionate and overall a good kid- most kids here are in trouble and into bad things due to family issues and boredom.
Any feedback? Thanks so much, I sincerely appreciate it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2018, 02:03 PM

1,267 posts, read 1,212,411 times
I can already tell that your family will be fine by your great attitude.There are WAY more transplants in Greenville than the UP of Michigan.Greenvillians are nice people by nature and welcoming to folks new to the area.We just moved our daughter to Traverse City.We found the folks there to be very nice,simular to Greenvillians!

Old 07-01-2018, 06:08 PM

370 posts, read 325,627 times
Just don't complain about how the natives do things. Accept and adapt! It's up to your family to change, not the locals. Remember that and you'll be ok.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:26 PM

334 posts, read 626,075 times
I grew up in Chicago, I feel ya about the winters. The schools in SC are not all that great, so do your research. the area is nice, people are friendly . It's a huge area, so I suggest you come back down , and look around. WE looked from just north of 85 and up 26 and hwy 9. but If heavy traffic is a concern, maybe check out anything below I85 first, to see if you'd be ok with the traffic volume.
So much to offer and do around here, and up 26 into NC. We love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
View detailed profiles of: