Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2019, 05:24 PM

33 posts, read 31,401 times

Advertisements

I've read some not so great reviews on Hargray internet. I work from home and absolutely need reliable High-Speed internet. I currently have Spectrum in Wisconsin and it's very reliable. Can anyone tell me their experience with Hargray?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 05:39 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,886 times
It depends on what part of Beaufort county you are moving to. In Bluffton, Sun City, Hardeeville, some parts of the island where they have fiber it is reliable. In Beaufort and some other areas of Hilton Head where they have DSL and cable it isn’t so reliable. If you are on the island I would go with Spectrum, if you are in Beaufort I would go with Comcast(where it’s available). Hope that helps.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:36 PM

33 posts, read 31,401 times
So you are saying I should ask if it's fiber optic internet right? I just sent them a message asking if they're DSL or Fiber. We are definitely going to be in Bluffton. Any personal experience or hear anything about Hargray?

Old 03-13-2019, 12:57 PM

401 posts, read 378,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutus11 View Post
So you are saying I should ask if it's fiber optic internet right? I just sent them a message asking if they're DSL or Fiber. We are definitely going to be in Bluffton. Any personal experience or hear anything about Hargray?

I had Hargray about 10 years ago when I lived in Port Royal, SC in Beaufort County. Internet speeds were fine but I remember the equipment being a little outdated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina