Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 10:50 AM

6 posts, read 21,350 times

Advertisements

This might be uncomfortable for some,but if I don't reach out and ask for help...well yall know what happens then! I'm running from something thats not good, so I'm asking if anyone has knowledge about shelters for women who need to start over.I am not interested in really large cities like ,Spartanburg,Greenwood, Greenville, ect.but big enough I can get a job!! Anyway, I have a friend here in VA who told me that SC has the most resources for people with my kind of needs, and if you can offer some imformation that is accurate and safe, I sure would appreciate it with all my heart and with many many thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2006, 11:02 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,706,253 times
http://www.govoepp.state.sc.us/

http://www.sccadvasa.org/

Old 12-14-2006, 12:47 PM

286 posts, read 1,477,880 times
The church we go to will definetely have resources that can help you and or direct you to help. I have heard many people mention the women's shelter, but don't know anything about it.

Here's the church website. You can start there. www.brookwoodchurch.org

Best wishes, and please do get yourself out of harms way immediately!

tony

Old 12-14-2006, 01:01 PM

1,560 posts, read 7,146,494 times
I know you're not interested in big cities, bu here's aresource in the Columbia Metro area and surrounding counties. http://www.sistercare.com/ My wife use to donate regularly to them.

Old 12-14-2006, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,167 times
Charleston would be a wonderful place to start over, people are willing to give a helping hand, lived here all my life

Old 12-17-2006, 06:44 PM

6 posts, read 23,518 times
I would suggest Columbia, do the availability of jobs. Orangeburg, also has a domestic violence shelter; depending on what type of work that you do; then jobs are so-so. Charleston would also be a good place. I sit on the board of directors for domestic violence group.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:36 PM

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by denyece View Post
I would suggest Columbia, do the availability of jobs. Orangeburg, also has a domestic violence shelter; depending on what type of work that you do; then jobs are so-so. Charleston would also be a good place. I sit on the board of directors for domestic violence group.
Thank you so much, can you give me more imformation on this? My e-mail ad is danalyntotten@yahoo.com I am so blessed by the responces I've been getting.My friend was right!

Old 12-18-2006, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbchas View Post
Charleston would be a wonderful place to start over, people are willing to give a helping hand, lived here all my life
Thank you for responding, you are a blessing, will look for more imformation on your Charleston. This is such a surprise,did'nt expect to recieve any responces!

Old 12-18-2006, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPadge View Post
I know you're not interested in big cities, bu here's aresource in the Columbia Metro area and surrounding counties. http://www.sistercare.com/ My wife use to donate regularly to them.
Thank you, thank you, thank you,I will contact them for more imfo.GOD BLESS YOU,merry christmas to you and you'res.

Old 12-18-2006, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony123 View Post
The church we go to will definetely have resources that can help you and or direct you to help. I have heard many people mention the women's shelter, but don't know anything about it.

Here's the church website. You can start there. www.brookwoodchurch.org

Best wishes, and please do get yourself out of harms way immediately!

tony
Thank you, I will contact them, and thank you for you're concern for my welfare,you touched my heart.Merry Christmas to you and you'res.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina