Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 07:57 AM

4,892 posts, read 7,391,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I'm pretty sure I know more Clemson grads than you do given I went to the college. That's a solid basis. I've also lived all over the state.

I can't see most of the engineers, architects, physicians, chemists, accountants, etc who graduated from Clemson talking trash to SC fans.
I agree. Anytime a team is on a winning streak, “fans” come out of the woodwork.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger17 View Post
Clemson people feel the same way about many Carolina fans. I lived in Columbia metro during USC’s “high five years” and it was absolutely miserable. You couldn’t even go eat in the Vista without some trash running their mouth about it. Some of the worst people you’ll see in life reside in or around Williams-Brice on Saturdays in the fall.
Well, of course, those in the Vista or around W-B will be the loudest and worst offenders. They’re 20 something, primarily students, passionately involved in their school.

As another poster said, you’re not going to find doctors, lawyers, CPAs, engineers etc graduates (from either school) mouthing off and being obnoxious. Also, as stated, many don’t even attend or have a connection to either school.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:12 AM

5,686 posts, read 4,598,077 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I know more Clemson grads than you do given I went to the college. That's a solid basis. I've also lived all over the state.
Except you're saying it's not the grads and attendees, so you just made a case AGAINST your own point.

Quote:
I can't see most of the engineers, architects, physicians, chemists, accountants, etc who graduated from Clemson talking trash to SC fans.
And yet, here you are. Again.

Old 01-07-2019, 08:21 AM

2,781 posts, read 3,262,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynchburgLover View Post
Ummm . . . Roll, Tide, Roll. ��
Roll around the bowl and down the toilet hole!

Old 01-07-2019, 12:21 PM

4,564 posts, read 5,926,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Rooster View Post
Not a chance. Roll Tide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitewaterVol View Post
Roll around the bowl and down the toilet hole!
LOL! They are going to roll alright. They are going to roll all over Columbia and SC in September. SC fans will get their dose then.

Old 01-07-2019, 05:08 PM

800 posts, read 1,455,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vistatiger View Post
LOL! They are going to roll alright. They are going to roll all over Columbia and SC in September. SC fans will get their dose then.
Yep, I'm not expecting it to be pretty for the Gamecocks. I'd gladly take a repeat of the last time we played the Tide.

Old 01-07-2019, 06:16 PM

5,686 posts, read 4,598,077 times
Last time it was SC 35 Alabama 21. Anything else is just talk.

Old 01-07-2019, 11:40 PM

4,564 posts, read 5,926,856 times
Clemson 44-16. National Football Champs twice in 3 years! The Tide got Rolled.

Old 01-08-2019, 05:25 AM

Congrats to Clemson. Quite a game. That Trevor Lawrence is incredible. NFL is going to fight over this one.

Old 01-08-2019, 07:42 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,862,291 times
I'm a pure bred USC supporter who never rooted for Clemson prior to Coach Swinney. Danny Ford and the fan encounters in my youth really turned my stomach. But Coach Swinney and his program have definitely earned my respect and support from our home state. They have built an incredible program and the program is creating wonderful pro opportunities for their players. There will be awful and obnoxious fan encounters with any team. I have nothing but love, peace and well wishes for Clemson, their players and fans. I hope they enjoy every moment in the sun. #nohatehere #onestateonelove #wishwehadDabo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina