U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 11:00 AM

20,922 posts, read 24,878,807 times

Advertisements

In 2007, a retail center, Rosewood Center, was proposed at 4629 Clemson Boulevard, Anderson, South Carolina 29621-2305, at the intersection of Clemson Boulevard and Interstate Boulevard in the Anderson community in Anderson County, South Carolina. Rosewood Center would have included department store Dillard's. (Dillard's opened a store at Anderson Mall.)

It appears the site is being targeted for development again as a mixed-use residential and commercial development (site plan).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 06:53 PM

181 posts, read 111,855 times
If you notice, the 2007 master plan (the photo below) has been updated into a new, differently arranged 2019 master plan (as show in the Google Maps streetview link).

Here are the key differences:
- In the 2007 master plan, all the shops were arranged in a big circle of some sort. Now they are in a sort of long, curvy boulevard type layout!
- Though the lake, called "existing lake" on the photo below, stays in its spot in the new master plan, the other lakes are rearranged differently. Most notable, is that one lake is in the exact center of the property in the new master plan.
- In the original 2007 master plan, you see a big standalone building, meant to be an anchor, sitting by itself on the point of the property. Now, there are two big standalone achor building on the opposite side of the property that is the tip.
(Note that the picture of the 2007 master plan below and the street view sign for the 2019 master plan are in different orientations)

2007 Master Plan:

2019 Master Plan (Street View):
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.5774...7i16384!8i8192

Last edited by GOAndersonCo; 03-19-2019 at 07:17 PM..

Old 03-19-2019, 11:11 PM

20,922 posts, read 24,878,807 times
What could be targeted anchors?

Old 03-20-2019, 07:20 AM

Ok, before I show you soon possibilities of some possible brands that may come to the lifestyle center, check out this Google Doc about lifestyle centers:
http://www.creekstonecompanies.com/F...rFactSheet.doc

Ok, now to the essential things that are in most lifestyle centers, and what might particularly come to this one are:

A Grocery Store:
I think there will first need to be a grocery store (don't know if it would be considered an anchor or not). If I were to think of it being a grocery store chain that is already in Anderson, then it probably wouldn't be Aldi, Bilo, Walmart, and Publix, or Food Lion (Walmart, Aldi, and Publix all have existing stores in nearby proximity along with Publix having another, possible new store planned in Pendleton Grove. Bilo is not in the shape of opening anew. Food Lion is not expanding in South Carolina). Then, there is Ingles which is mixed since they don't have a store in North Anderson but they aren't putting up new stores that much in South Carolina.
Then you got chains that aren't here yet. Due to how very high-profile this lifestyle center project is, it could probably attract a grocery store chain that isn't in Anderson County yet. I think that a Harris Teeter, Lowes Foods, or Fresh Market are the most likely with the very slight possibility of Sprouts, Earth Fare, Trader Joes. Doubt it would be Whole Foods. Maybe a nice Piggly Wiggly can introduce itself into the lifestyle center. If Kroger decided to come to upstate, it might come here because Anderson has one of their plants and because of the fact that one of the other lifestyle centers in SC has one (the one in Hilton Head Island).
In the end the grocery store possibilities are: Harris Teeter, Lowes Food, Fresh Market, maybe Sprouts, maybe Earth Fare, maybe Trader Joes, Piggly Wiggly, Kroger, Ingles, maybe Publix (if they decided to make a new Publix close to an existing location 2.6 miles away).

A Movie Theater:
Most to all big lifestyle centers the size of this one have movie theaters. Now, keep in mind there is a movie theater across the street on Interstate Blvd. Options are an additional movie theater being added to the area or maybe the movie theater across the street on Interstate Blvd will move to the lifestyle center (which is a good idea since that opens up more space for hotels and restaurants on Interstate Blvd).

Last edited by GOAndersonCo; 03-20-2019 at 08:27 AM..

Old 03-20-2019, 08:19 AM

Now for possible anchors:
Belk is a possible anchor considering how they are an anchor in the other two lifestyle centers in SC (Hilton Head, Mt.Pleasant). Maybe Macy's is possible and remember that Dillard's was originally gonna come to the lifestyle center but ended up going to the mall. Also, this one might be less likely, but I don't understand why there isn't a Bass Pro Shops or Cabelas near Lake Hartwell in Anderson considering it is one of the largest bass fishing lakes in the US and biggest in the Southeast (Bass Pro Shops you would think would be at a major destination for bass fishing). A good location for a Bass Pro Shops would be the lifestyle center or on/near the lake at exit 14 once all the sewer goes up. I don't think they are gonna move forward with the Bass Pro in Spartanburg, but still, that is the most illogical place to put it considering they could've, if not in Anderson Co., at least put it closer in Greenville so it is near Lake Hartwell. Maybe, Montgomery Ward could possibly be an anchor to the lifestyle center. Once again, it is very well likely for a movie theatre to be anchor. Maybe a nice-looking Home Depot/Lowes could be an anchor. Maybe, an At Home store could be an anchor. Also, Costco could maybe, possibly be a detached side store though I would think if Costco were to come to Anderson, it would be better somewhere else like the lots behind the Kohls/Staples and the Golden Corral which will be open soon to more development after a new sewer development is finished. Those are all of the possible major anchors that I know of.

Some major, non-anchor stores that could come include a grocery store (this lifestyle center will have a grocery store, I assure it), Stein Mart, Four Below, Marshalls, Talbots, DSW Shoe Warehouse, maybe Burkes Outlet, and other possibilities that I won't list.

Another cool thing for it to have, would be to have a park next to one of the lakes on the property, kind of like the park on the water at the lifestyle center at Hilton Head Island, except on a lake.

It is looking promising and very well possible to happen considering the fact that they wouldn't make a new master plan if they weren't even planning on possibly building the lifestyle center.

Old 03-20-2019, 05:34 PM

10,108 posts, read 6,616,635 times
There is an Ingles on Highway 81 at the intersection with the Parkway. I would call that north Anderson.

Old 03-20-2019, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
There is an Ingles on Highway 81 at the intersection with the Parkway. I would call that north Anderson.
That is Northeast Anderson... North Anderson is like where this center is going at, and the Northlake area.
I know that a grocery store will go into that development since all lifestyle centers of that size have some sort of Grocery in it. Plus, it is gonna have some residential as well and will be very pedestrian friendly, therefore needing a grocery store. The closest Ingles is the one you talked about on Hwy 81,, but that is still 6.5 miles away. There is possible demand for a nice Ingles in the lifestyle center if it comes to be (maybe could even be as big as the one in Powdersville). Please note though, Ingles isn't the only possibility. There is also, the possibility of some other chains. We will see what happens..

Old 03-20-2019, 06:21 PM

I believe North Anderson is generally referring to the Highway 81 area. If you look at real estate websites, they often mention the YMCA and the newer AnMed hospital when they mention North Anderson.

There aren't many neighborhoods or stores to the west of I-85 . I consider the entire area around 76 between 85 and Clemson to be Pendleton after you get pass Interstate Blvd.

I can't see Ingles locating in a lifestyle center.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 03-20-2019 at 06:35 PM..

Old 03-20-2019, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
I believe North Anderson is generally referring to the Highway 81 area. If you look at real estate websites, they often mention the YMCA and the newer AnMed hospital when they mention North Anderson.

There aren't many neighborhoods or stores to the west of I-85 . I consider the entire area around 76 between 85 and Clemson to be Pendleton after you get pass Interstate Blvd.

I can't see Ingles locating in a lifestyle center.
I do agree that Ingles is probably, now that I look at it, not going to go into the lifestyle center. It is not fancy enough.

I am thinking maybe a Harris Teeter, Fresh Market, or Lowes Foods might be the most likely. Maybe a Publix but I doubt it since there is one planned in Pendleton and there is one 2.6 miles away across from Liberty Hwy Walmart in Anderson.

What grocery store chain do YOU think would possibly go in there? Am I missing any?

Old 03-20-2019, 08:15 PM

I'm not sold on this development happening. I think it is unlikely for it to have a grocery store if it does happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina